Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion - Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Just kicked off, so let's see where it takes us.

Looking good, temperature dropping fast now down to -2.1 that's another 0.4 drop in 6 min

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I doubt any of you will see any back edge rain - I only got an inch today but it fell in the last hour as the front cleared. Glad to see some getting significant snow though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Just kicked off, so let's see where it takes us.

You have snow mate

Posted

Been out to the road a measured a good 4 inches

I know, but others have cms and inches, it's just started here :p.

You will get a covering

Posted

TEITS is the ppn still heavier for midnight onwards.

Posted

It's been snowing properly here for about two hours — it's more like clouds of dust blowing around, than snowflakes though — and we've nearly got ONE CENTIMETRE. Thrills.

4inches plus here in Wisbech, still coming down :-)

This is the most over-hyped event for my location I've ever known. Where the MetO got their 5-10 cm for EA from I cannot imagine, as it would have to snow until Monday night to get that much. I'm not located on some far corner of the region either, but bang in the centre of it.

Posted

Just add very little thawing of the snow tomorrow as temps will be around freezing or 1C but more importantly dewpoints will be around 0C or -1C. The dewpoints are the most significant factor when it comes to thawing snow. Also tomorrow is likely to be cloudy. Could have a slight thaw during Monday before freezing temps return.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !
Well as others have said difficult to give accurate depth estimate due to drifting Looks to be about 7-8cms out there now level...about 6-7 inches deep where its drifted now SK

Same here - really pretty though....took this from the front door earlier ( I can't go out any further I'm in my PJ's)

post-10773-0-43078600-1328396598_thumb.j

Posted

News at ten just announced that BRITAIN in the wake of severe snow and could parralise many parts of the country....Every oyher European state prepares and keeps there country running. For a big trading nation we need to sort it out.

The snow plough's are out here...

REALLY,Bit early Saint must be to make sure the council can get in monday morning lol.

Posted

News at ten just announced that BRITAIN in the wake of severe snow and could parralise many parts of the country....Every oyher European state prepares and keeps there country running. For a big trading nation we need to sort it out.

Very true SL. I hear that all London airports are closed, while it appears the local councils and highways agency have failed to keep roads clear. It's not like the snow is at once in a life time depths!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme seasonal events

REALLY,Bit early Saint must be to make sure the council can get in monday morning lol.

Yes i agree very pathetic. Id love to see the state this country would be in if we were to have 4ft of the stuff 1960s style :rofl:

Posted

snowing now for 6 hours and went light but now significantly heavier ! good few inches roads gritted but watching the cars take the corner here shows grit is now covered in snow !

Posted

Clear shift in the precip looking at the radar moving more towards the band clearing SE or even SSE. So if you want to know whats coming your way then look NW/NNW,

Good news for those in Peterborough is another area of precip has developed to our NW around Lincoln.

Posted

in all fairness we dont get it like europe every year if they spend billions and we dont get it then people will moan too much money spent in recession

Posted

Very true SL. I hear that all London airports are closed, while it appears the local councils and highways agency have failed to keep roads clear. It's not like the snow is at once in a life time depths!

Its crazy SAINT they claim they were fully prepared and stock piled around 40.000 tonnes of salt,Untill now they have not been able to spread it,But yet they still only do the bus and main routes,all the b and c roads get nothing. Another money saving scheme over public saftey. Appauling

Edited by silver line

Posted

I'd have a guess that the current snow depth here is 3 inches (or 7-8cm) with snow still falling and maybe more on the way.

Posted

Good amounts mate, still got some more to come as well so you'll get into my 8-12cms estimate quite easily, may even go over it...

Cheers KW, should all be pushing your way :)

Snowfall rate is really impressive here

Must be getting close to the magical 4 inch mark because you now can't see where the kerb ends and the road starts on both the west and east facing kerbs down our cul-de-sac, and they are 10cms high

TEITS - very much agree although i'm hoping the 18z NAE is overdoing the precip for the next couple of days with a lot more marginality about it. Nothing worse than a rain induced thaw.

On a brighter note though 18z NAE much better for the region with a much wider swathe of 10cm totals now progged - the next level that could be been shown is 20cm....so we're talking widely 10cm+ if you want to take the charts at face value :)

SK

Posted

Its crazy SAINT they claim they were fully prepared and stock piled around 40.000 tonnes of salt,Untill now they have not been able to spread it,But yet they still only do the bus and main routes,all the b and c roads get nothing. Another money saving scheme over public saftey. Appauling

there just isnt the money to do the b roads now or the pavements really sad specially when we get this .notice sign of the times