Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Still 2.8C here with a dewpoint of 1C and raining... Oh well, if anything happens later tonight or in the morning great, but if not then same old story really! Good luck though to those further east :)

Ye. Grim and boring. According to some posts on the model thread any chance of cold next week seems to have vanished.

Derrick just showed lightening all over wales tomorrow. IT glitch I think

A northerly flow is still on the cards for next week, the question is how far weat the High will go. UKMO is the most promising model in the regard, the further east the high, more of the cold will be reserved for Eastern parts.

In a strange way the modeeling of today's event was better on Tuesday, a lot can and will change before next week. (hopefully for the better)

Any snow that does fall will be much later in the night, I don't see much change until Midnight.

Posted

Any snow that does fall will be much later in the night, I don't see much change until Midnight.

By which point it will be dry here judging by the radar. Ah well was suspicious of the forecast after their track record for here the past few weeks

Posted

A northerly flow is still on the cards for next week, the question is how far weat the High will go. UKMO is the most promising model in the regard, the further east the high, more of the cold will be reserved for Eastern parts.

In a strange way the modeeling of today's event was better on Tuesday, a lot can and will change before next week. (hopefully for the better)

Fingers crossed. I'm just a bit battle wary after all the will it won't it scenarios and last minute downgrades.

I need to lighten up. A few pints tonight and walking out of the pub into snow would do it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

what change do you expect after then? if any that is, both itv and channel 5 show snow from 3 in the mornin to midday i know they are not the most trusted of forecasts but was nice to see nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snow was never going to fall until around midnight, so why is everyone being so downbeat?

You compare things now to what they we're showing this morning....

Posted

Well i am one for sure i can see some sort sleet/ rain mixture here and the temp has dropped from 4c to 2 c now ,also snow aint gonna fall here until about 11pm ish , so lots to look forward to `i havent given up here . :clapping::good:

Edited by Aquastarmist

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

METO website shows Eastern Wales (including Cardiff) with a yellow warning of snow, but the visuals/forecast shows drizzle and rain. confused.com :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

temp rising quite swiftly, now at 3.2c with the rain getting heavier

what change do you expect after then? if any that is, both itv and channel 5 show snow from 3 in the mornin to midday i know they are not the most trusted of forecasts but was nice to see nonetheless.

That is when there may be a little snow, but not much, and western areas won't get anything anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

1c and drizzle/rain..which has been falling for the past 9/10 hours. Lots of surface water around. Diabolical weather...just makes me want spring to come all the more.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

The models and the metoffice have not handled the distribution of precipitation well at all. The snow seems alot further East than expected with Central and Eastern England seeing most of the snow at the moment.

Posted

The models and the metoffice have not handled the distribution of precipitation well at all. The snow seems alot further East than expected with Central and Eastern England seeing most of the snow at the moment.

Yes I agree, very strange. I can't see any of us getting anything to be honest by looking at the radar at least. Ah well. only weather.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by bradymk, February 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by bradymk, February 9, 2012 - No reason given

Yes I agree, very strange. I can't see any of us getting anything to be honest by looking at the radar at least. Ah well. only weather.

Posted

Best quote of the night most of the pp headed across e anglia not forecasted heavy snow falling there the met office are in trouble tomorrow when the airports will be closed again.

Posted

I still think you in SE Wales will get snow by the morning but not as much as was forecast. The snow isn't far away from SE Wales at the moment with heavy snow in Swindon which isn't too far away.

It is very strange though how the Metoffice did not forecast any of the snow that is currently falling in Eastern England.

Posted

I think the snow across Eastern England won't last as long as any PPN across the west, although it'll be much more marginal in our neck of the woods.

Rain should start turning very slowly to snow across SE Wales in the coming hours although settling snow is likely to be limited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp has risen to 3.1C here and raining, not looking too good for the time being!

Posted

I think the snow across Eastern England won't last as long as any PPN across the west, although it'll be much more marginal in our neck of the woods.

Rain should start turning very slowly to snow across SE Wales in the coming hours although settling snow is likely to be limited.

Still going to snow for a good 3 to 4 hrs for london strange how the front has split down the middle .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Is the thing expected to head west?