Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Cloud now looks to be rolling in over Biggin Hill. Chilly old walk with the dog at about 4pm, car temp read -2, really felt it today.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Just turned on the light outside and found it's snowing very lightly... Bitterly cold.

Posted

Pretty large difference in snow cover even compared to SW Essex and SE Essex today, only 20 miles further east snow cover is still going strong. Here in Ockendon, its very patchy and just about clining on. Shows how even a short distance makes a difference!

Anyway looks like tonight is going to be bitter...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

Snowing here in Tunbridge Wells too... Nothing to ramp about, probably a 2 on the Murr scale but... It's snow! And if the models tonight are right, there could well be more to come.

Posted

Pretty large difference in snow cover even compared to SW Essex and SE Essex today, only 20 miles further east snow cover is still going strong. Here in Ockendon, its very patchy and just about clining on. Shows how even a short distance makes a difference!

Anyway looks like tonight is going to be bitter...

I noticed that earlier, snow cover at my work In Purfleet is very patchy where as at home in Basildon still a decent covering, only 16 miles apart. Bitterly cold here tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Little thaw here on roofs otherwise aside from roads it's the same ! A little more compacted and icy but no thaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, double snow and hot hot sun

I just got back from Zumba class, literally 100m from my house and i froze so quickly on way back, getting a bit windy now...my poor ears are fffrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing!

Posted

I think that compared with Basildon Purfleet and Ockendon are just that bit closer to the Thames and that may have made a slight difference in the temps plus the uppers maybe just a tiny bit milder, over a few days that makes a difference. Interestingly my local frost hollow still has total cover, whilst just 500M up the road its now very patchy.

Posted

i noticed in the docks where i work has still got fairly intact snow cover on the grass, whereas here just a few miles away its virtually gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

-3.2C now, if the cloud doesn't arrive this could be a very cold night!

Posted

We have now 7 days of snow cover. Last Tuesday's flurries gave us a covering which didn't melt in the shade, then Saturday's fall has left us with about 10cm of frozen slush. Lightly snowing here, -5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

temps have been rising now in thanet for the last few hours , today at 4oclock it was -3.4 ,its now -0.4 at this rate we will soon be in plus digits . Wots going on!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

-3.1c here and still 3 inches or so remaining on the ground - Peter Cockroft forescast some snow showers down the East coast tonight with the possibility of a further inch - is this true, if so rather unexpected?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all. Found this on me twiiter page could be interesting.

Joey B

Major storm could blast UK in about a week with widespread 6 inches or more.. http://pic.twitter.com/xsDHHBPw

AlDYKhZCAAAwPH7.jpg

Posted

Joey B

Major storm could blast UK in about a week with widespread 6 inches or more.. http://pic.twitter.com/xsDHHBPw

AlDYKhZCAAAwPH7.jpg

That was the massive cold outlier 6z GFS run. Not happening. Joe B on a silly ramp again.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

Joey B

Definitely interesting but at +192 I reckon we're safe! That man does love a ramp though lol :help:

Posted

Definitely interesting but at +192 I reckon we're safe! That man does love a ramp though lol :help:

I used to quite like him but I've recently followed him on twitter and all he goes on about are 'warmingistas' which I find extremely irritating, arrogant and rather childish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Joey B

AlDYKhZCAAAwPH7.jpg

Yeah that clearly shows a Greenland/HLB high and a Low coming up the channel, and for that to happen we need the high to move (which is predicted at this moment) but for undercutting to occur which hasn't happened ALL winter. - Very much doubt that will come off!

Posted

Jason that chart is from the 6z model run the 12z model run is grossly different it has the low over Holland not N France so very different on the 12z it would bring in northerlies not easterlies and would not effect much of the country apart from the E/SE of it. (This is if i am reading the charts right) If not then please correct me. :rolleyes:

In short as said above it won't happen. By the way I have light snow falling at the moment not enough to cover anything unless it keeps going for more than 10 hrs lol but snow all the same.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

Still a fair few inches of cover where the snow's been left, though I'd rather it just thawed now the main event is over. Almost went a*** over t** on the way into the office this morning.