Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hughsey will your snow reach here desperate for tommorow off.

Yeah I think the snow will reach Watford. This snow I am seeing already is a total surprise and the main snow is still a little while away.

Im pretty sure you will see snow, whether it will be enough for a day off is another question though, will have to wait and see on that one.

Posted

A few flakes falling here in the last 10 mins, so its finally at least starting to get to the surface. Headed out in an hour so I wonder what my return journey will be like!

SK

Posted

Yeah I think the snow will reach Watford. This snow I am seeing already is a total surprise and the main snow is still a little while away.

Im pretty sure you will see snow, whether it will

be enough for a day off is another question though, will have to wait and see on that one.

Cheers for the reply mate, seems more promising than yesterday anyway from the sounds of it.

Posted

Only just snowing here in west Cambs. So light you can hardly see it. I'm stuck in that big clear gap between the two bands. Typical! Everything east of me is getting hammered.

Posted

Only just snowing here in west Cambs. So light you can hardly see it. I'm stuck in that big clear gap between the two bands. Typical! Everything east of me is getting hammered.

Same here, but don't worry lol, the snow should be back in a bit.

edit: still snowing here, heavier stuff on the way in a bit by the looks of the radar.

Cheers for the reply mate, seems more promising than yesterday anyway from the sounds of it.

No probs,

Though, don't get me wrong, I am no expert, I am merely speculating lol.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Not sure there's any precipitation actually reaching the ground from that lot. Plenty of folks saying they are right under that area but not seeing anything.

Posted

where are you getting this information please, is there a link i can look at?

Sorry for not getting back to you Jenny Jane, I was merely using the met office website.

Forecast for Great Yarmouth is light snow 18:00 till 21:00 and light snow shower from 21:00 till midnight, so you should see so snow.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Lets hope the northerly comes off next week or I am going to plant my chillis and start wearing t-shirts.

@ snowking, Saffron Walden here.

Posted

WOW strong met office update going from not much for Peterborough to 6 hours of heavy snow and 6 hours of light snow. Sorry Mrsf, things are slowly looking worse and worse for your house moving. Just waiting to see if warnings are updated from meto.

Posted

Few flakes here, Great Abington, 8 miles south of Cambridge.

Posted

Lets hope the northerly comes off next week or I am going to plant my chillis and start wearing t-shirts.

@ snowking, Saffron Walden here.

Nice to see more and more locals here my friend :)

The intensity still slowly increasing, a bit of a dusting here now

SK

Posted

WOW strong met office update going from not much for Peterborough to 6 hours of heavy snow and 6 hours of light snow. Sorry Mrsf, things are slowly looking worse and worse for your house moving. Just waiting to see if warnings are updated from meto.

That strong precip on Raintoday looks like its heading straight this way, or is it likely move West as it looks as though it could give some heavy snow but only Light snow forecast from MO for here tonight.

Edited by WheresTheSnow

Posted

:sorry::cray:

Whats worse is, normally I would be soooo pleased for it to have shifted i our favour!!

As long as Saturday stays clear we will manage :pray: xxx

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Nothing here yet. Well done to all those who have. Its nice to see the snowless getting some of the white gold. :drinks:

Posted

That strong precip on Raintoday looks like its heading straight this way, or is it likely move West as it looks as though it could give some heavy snow but only Light snow forecast from MO for here tonight.

I have heard some mention of things shifting west but I am not really sure tbh, certainly looks like if the current track is continued there would be some heavy snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Still snowing here in northwest Norfolk, getting on for a couple of cm already. If anyone could tell me how to post pics using the mobile app I would

Michael

Edited by Norfolk_N_chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers /snowy winters

I have heard some mention of things shifting west but I am not really sure tbh, certainly looks like if the current track is continued there would be some heavy snow.

I dont know what part of boro you leave Hughsey but it seems to be rain here in Hampton ,at the moment that is.

Posted

I'm meant to be umpiring two games of netball on Saturday morning and playing as well... but I have a stinking cold and would really rather not but don't want to let everyone down.... would be very happy for the snow to force to cancellation of the games.... fingers crossed....!

Posted

I dont know what part of boro you leave Hughsey but it seems to be rain here in Hampton ,at the moment that is.

Im ten miles south down the A1, has all been snow when I have been looking outside, may be raining atm, too comfortable to go and look, temps at -0.4 in boro according to http://www.peterboro...atherwatch.com/ so freezing rain potential.

edit: definitely still snowing, albeit very lighltly.

Edited by Hughsey