Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Some Interesting developments over EA

The convergence of the Atlantic air V the Continentla air seems to arrving at a head across Sewards from-

just east of the Wash -fakenham down to say Ely + cambride-

The front is struggling to get east of that line-

On the eastern side there are showers buiding up & still within the easterly flow these should be snow-

these are out towards Norwich etc & south/east-

The bit in the middle will be more than likely be dry slotted-

regards

Steve

Oooooh, dry slotted........................

Posted

I was going to post "Steve, can I be in your dry slot" but then realised that was wrong on more than one level!!!! :p xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

There wiull be a distinct dry slot this afternoon-

that the gap between the end of the front & the convection spawning to its East...

If you end up in that forget it-

All eyes on the showers all over Norwich & thetford etc - tracking SSW-

S

We should have had showers on and off for the last few hours according to the radar, it has been as dry as a bone. Have a feeling the radars are not working properly or this is the wrong type of precipitation.

Posted

Does anyone actually leave in the east anglian region!? Echos across the whole area and not one mention of snow, I guess its either rain or you all leave in the dry slot!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Does anyone actually leave in the east anglian region!? Echos across the whole area and not one mention of snow, I guess its either rain or you all leave in the dry slot!!

dont think it would be rain falling mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

I have been trying to tell everyone to forget what the radar is showing because it isn't snowing or raining here even if the radar is showing that it should be.

Posted

acc to the radar something should be coming down here now cant see anything!!!

Posted

I'm just to the west of the so called rain/snow east of Norwich and we have had nothing this morning. Their have been mentions in other regional threads of precipitation evaporating before it hits the ground. This could be the case I think. As soon as it does snow I will post, don't worry everyone. Have to say I'm not really expecting anything much.

Posted

dont think it would be rain falling mate.

Maybe not were you are mate but a lot of the echos are around the coastal areas, surprised nothing coming in yet from the Ipswich area!

Posted

We are covered according to the radar but nothing is falling, Same in the Midlands thread as well; they are saying it is evaporating before it makes it to ground.

Posted

I have no idea what will happen across this region this evening.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

if you had asked that question earlier today the answer would have been different to now... and as for later, according the latest weather form the Beep most snow is for the west...(edit..with a chance of some snow showers in the east!) Personally I'd just keep an eye on the forecasts if you can keep up with them! Also the radar seems a little misleading as there are quite a few reports of no snow/rain when it appears they're sat under some on the radar.

Drive safe and good luck

Posted

Im trying my best to keep up to date lol just hard because I'm on my phone not a computer lol I will be on here all day and this eve keeping a watch on the situation anyway and yeah I have been floating between rooms and see alot of people saying radar is showing showers but nothing coming of it? And I will try and drive safe my van is restricted tho so I def won't be speeding lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

is there anyone out there with something falling from the sky and it NOT showing on the radar? - because that would be fun too :D

apparently... its hammering down not snowing out east:

http://www.teleweer.nl/Radar.aspx

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

For those in East Hertfordshire DO NOT look at the new warnings on Met Office site, you will not like it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

For those in East Hertfordshire DO NOT look at the new warnings on Met Office site, you will not like it....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton & Peterborough

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, Greater London, Slough & Surrey

valid from 1600 Thu 09 Feb to 1200 Fri 10 Feb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Still plenty of time for the threat to shift a bit further eastwards, dont forget there is still a lot of uncertainty with this event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I think TEITS answer pretty much sums it all up. The latest is NO one knows how far the front will track etc. Very much a knife edge scenario. However we all been here before and been very surprised with an unexpected result. If we do miss out then i dont believe its the end for this thread. PRO PLUS...RADAR ON...GOOD VIEW OF LAMP POST.

SL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

http://www.snow-fore.../next3days/snow

Well MK Council must be fairly confident of something happening later today they are out gritting already...

post-10773-0-51319600-1328791575_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Cloudy, calm & frozen here in Sudbury.

Keeping my eyes & ears peeled. :w00t:

Mammatus

Posted

That gowing area of heavy snow in the North Sea definitely has Cambridgeshire's name on it this evening ...... and its getting more intense by the hour. Bring it on baby !!!

Posted

That gowing area of heavy snow in the North Sea definitely has Cambridgeshire's name on it this evening ...... and its getting more intense by the hour. Bring it on baby !!!

I hope so! Here in Wisbech the met office says light from midday until midnight, nothing so far! Light snow that is :-) Edited by fenland ice