Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Although I caused some chaos last night in the other thread suggesting the models had this wrong. Looking at the latest radar im even more convinced. Check the NAE below because it suggests the heavier rain is across NW England/N Ireland.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2012/02/09/basis06/ukuk/prec/12020912_0906.gif

Absolutely way off. We have two areas of precip on the radar, one being off the coast of NE England but another band further E. Now its this other band that really has me interested for later on.

Posted

Absolutely way off. We have two areas of precip on the radar, one being off the coast of NE England but another band further E. Now its this other band that really has me interested for later on.

The NMM is fairly similar to the current situation, NAE having a bad day.

Best chart for your area

post-8968-0-08436000-1328795056_thumb.pn

5-6mm projected. If all snow then around 5cm is likely.

Posted

Snow in Market Deeping (North of Peterborough) No other info, hubby just sent me a sneaky text whilst he's working! xxx

Posted

Hmm. Every forecast I have seen today - and i am sad enough to admit i channel hop just to catch the different forecasts, - are virtually dismissing any real snow for our region. The 1.30 Look East forecast said 'snow flurries' expected this evening, with a dusting possible in the far west of the region. He predicted a line from Kings Lynn, straight down to London. East of that line, mainly dry and cold, to the west of that line, possible snow flurries.

Yes, I realise that is pretty basic, and it does look as the heavy snow will slip down the spine and track SW of the country. But I also, like TEITS, have been looking closely at

the radar images, and it does look like there is a large area of ppn just out in the north sea, that looks like it is slippng on course for our region. ?

I have just had a gritting lorry shoot past my window, however not spreading, but obviously they are out and about, so it looks like no one really knows just yet. Being in south west Cambs, right on the A1, I feel I may be just far enough to the west of the region to get a 'flurry' later. Well, im hoping anyway..lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

I dont think this "event" is for us. We might get a little but certainly not much to write home about. Radar blobs arent looking like they are in a hurry to get over this far....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

According to the radar Lowestoft has now been sitting under a band of heavy precipitation on and off for about 5 hours. Still not a single drop of anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Although I caused some chaos last night in the other thread suggesting the models had this wrong. Looking at the latest radar im even more convinced. Check the NAE below because it suggests the heavier rain is across NW England/N Ireland.

http://expert-images...020912_0906.gif

Yes TEITS I noticed the mayhem on the other thread last night :lol: - but I feel you are about to be proved right! That precip on the radar is slipping ever more South towards us, at the moment I can't see how that will end up in the Birmingham area tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

How's it looking for good old Luton, the band to the east seems on track for here am i right??

Yes I would like to know if we will get any decent snow fall here too.

It would be nice to take the kids over the hills sledging again! :good:

Posted
Posted

Wow great 12hrs NAE! Rain for wales lol! Lets hope the 18hrs fram keeps the precip over us! I would expect the Meto to update warnings further east soon! West of region still placed best!

Edit - 18hrs srill over us so up to 12hrs of snow possible!

Posted

Area of snow across the Wash could be heading this way. Going to nervous viewing the next few frames.

On a different note I do feel sorry for those further W. I have experienced a sudden change in the model output that has shown my area missing the snow.

Posted

Yeah i agree. I think its time to ignore the TV forecasts and concentrate on the radar. It looks impossible - there ive said it - that we will miss the snow, and just see a 'flurry' this evening. I just have a hunch we are in the firing line.....

Posted

Area of snow across the Wash could be heading this way. Going to nervous viewing the next few frames.

On a different note I do feel sorry for those further W. I have experienced a sudden change in the model output that has shown my area missing the snow.

TETIS, im directly 25 miles south of you down the A1. If it hits you, please send it directly south and not SW. Many Thanks...lol

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Light snow flurries in the center of MK for 30mins, mostly snizzle grains, but the odd larger flake too. Looking good for later on & tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

is it going to get as far down as me?