Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Ice and snow on the way

8 February 2012 - The wintry weather is expected to continue over the next few days as Atlantic weather systems stall as they move across the UK, bringing the mix of rain, sleet and snow.

http://www.metoffice...g-rain-and-snow

Posted

Not looking good for our region as everything is moving west. Just received this Tweet from Ian F

@timbland36 doesn't look much 4 Herts on last 2 runs BUT SE bounds uncertain. New modified NAE has 1 or less cm from Beds/Northants SEwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Im getting quite dizzy chasing around this site looking for a perfect forecast for the next 24 hours... even dear old Aunty beeb cant wet my appetite with any certainty.. time to clean the windows on the inside and out, crack open some refreshments and watch the weather old style tomorrow eve. Fingers crossed and wait for surprises me thinks - hope something happens before the lampost turns itself off at midnight tho!

... but then again there's always one or two models to tease before then - let alone the cold chaos that could pleasure us next week :lol:

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted

Please dont lynch me, but I'm quite relieved this is moving further West.

Rest assured, normal "where's my snow, Peterborough never gets it" will resume after the weekend! lol xxx

Posted

Please dont lynch me, but I'm quite relieved this is moving further West.

Rest assured, normal "where's my snow, Peterborough never gets it" will resume after the weekend! lol xxx

Looks like you might get a window of opportunity around 7am on Saturday for your house move! - gotta be quick tho :)

fingers crossed for you

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Looking hard to call this as there appears to be a fair amount of precip on the radar in the N Sea. We might see something out of this tonight, but not on the scale of Saturday night.

Posted

Well a fair amount of (albeit light) PPN kicking up ahead of the frontal system now across the eastern flank showing on the radar - theres also currently very light snow falling here

Currently -2/-4 - I get the feeling this region may end up getting a CM or two despite the NAE not modelling this solution currently as the extent of the precip out into the north sea is far more expansive

SK

Posted

Looking hard to call this as there appears to be a fair amount of precip on the radar in the N Sea. We might see something out of this tonight, but not on the scale of Saturday night.

yes looking at a the radar etc, it appears there's chance of some snow in this area. I just can't imagine the whole thing to shift as far west as the forecast says - maybe there's a strong undercut coming from the east?

looks grim up north

worth watching this one: http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

Posted

I'm in agreement with the several posts above, there is a lot of PPN in the North Sea, so I expect at least more areas than expected in this thread to see at least a dusting late on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hmm, While I want more snow, I would have prefered to get rid of the compacted ice and snow still lying. If it snows on top of that, it will make things quite dangerous around here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Some very nice photos you have been posting Mr Random Images, good to see the snow/sky so well exposed, keep them coming

Thanks Huntso.

Posted

Looks like you might get a window of opportunity around 7am on Saturday for your house move! - gotta be quick tho :)

fingers crossed for you

Thanks PP :) Im trying not to stress about it, I can't control it so will just hope! lol

Very dark in Peterborough city centre.... looks like the cloud cover wont lift today.

Posted

i think its going more east now

Posted

Really wouldn't take a lot of notice of the weather radars at the moment. Lowestoft should have had rain or snow a few times this morning according to the radar but it has been as dry as a bone here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Morning all! Anyone know what we are expecting in the way of snow tonight or tomorrow day as I gota travel back home to luton from Leeds lol I really don't wanna get stick on the m1 in my van lol

Posted

Morning all! Anyone know what we are expecting in the way of snow tonight or tomorrow day as I gota travel back home to luton from Leeds lol I really don't wanna get stick on the m1 in my van lol

if you had asked that question earlier today the answer would have been different to now... and as for later, according the latest weather form the Beep most snow is for the west...(edit..with a chance of some snow showers in the east!) Personally I'd just keep an eye on the forecasts if you can keep up with them! Also the radar seems a little misleading as there are quite a few reports of no snow/rain when it appears they're sat under some on the radar.

Drive safe and good luck

Posted

Well it is snowing here in Sawbridgeworth.

Its been the same just down the road from you in Elsenham all morning, just very light flurries on and off

I suspect as the frontal system draws nearer we may see some more showery activity kick off - very much a radar watch job today

SK

Some Interesting developments over EA

The convergence of the Atlantic air V the Continentla air seems to arrving at a head across Sewards from-

just east of the Wash -fakenham down to say Ely + cambride-

The front is struggling to get east of that line-

On the eastern side there are showers buiding up & still within the easterly flow these should be snow-

these are out towards Norwich etc & south/east-

The bit in the middle will be more than likely be dry slotted-

regards

Steve

Posted

Some Interesting developments over EA

The convergence of the Atlantic air V the Continentla air seems to arrving at a head across Sewards from-

just east of the Wash -fakenham down to say Ely + cambride-

The front is struggling to get east of that line-

On the eastern side there are showers buiding up & still within the easterly flow these should be snow-

these are out towards Norwich etc & south/east-

The bit in the middle will be more than likely be dry slotted-

regards

Steve

Here in Lowestoft according to all the radars we should have been being snowed on or rained on for the past few hours when in reality there has been nothing.