Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 7

kold weather

Posted

snow-forecast still showing 10-25cm of snowfall across the North West directly. I would imagine the closer the cold front out east bumps into the occlusion raising precip rates the more chances (given it's a quasi-stationary front anyway) has of dumping further precip to more heights. Not including orographic lift, SSTs probobally won't be too much of a influence given vector directions in the coming 48hr.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/dynamic/uk

Posted

I walked the dog its really puddles, there is ice crystals formed on sheds, but everything else is rather wet. :)

Ah. Still ground temp will no doubt be still below 0 so it might freeze soon so it would be best to be ready to slip. Freezing rain isnt always as instant as it sounds.

Still bone dry here.

Posted

one way or another i think it will be busy in here later

C.S

one way or another i think it will be busy in here later

C.S

Despite both airports going for snow later for the southern part of the region, i still am dubious, despite the very complex setup that occured last saturday, liverpool airport have a 100% record for their forecasts and imo put to shame the meto up here, and so there is a small chance later for us,,but im not holding my breath, lord knows we have been teased enough, managed to miss the snow event during last saturday evening etc, and having just 1 tiny wet snow event at the start of december is really really bad even for here.

Posted

snow-forecast still showing 10-25cm of snowfall across the North West directly. I would imagine the closer the cold front out east bumps into the occlusion raising precip rates the more chances (given it's a quasi-stationary front anyway) has of dumping further precip to more heights. Not including orographic lift, SSTs probobally won't be too much of a influence given vector directions in the coming 48hr.

http://www.snow-fore...maps/dynamic/uk

I must admit that looks pretty impressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Despite both airports going for snow later for the southern part of the region, i still am dubious, despite the very complex setup that occured last saturday, liverpool airport have a 100% record for their forecasts and imo put to shame the meto up here, and so there is a small chance later for us,,but im not holding my breath, lord knows we have been teased enough, managed to miss the snow event during last saturday evening etc, and having just 1 tiny wet snow event at the start of december is really really bad even for here.

Blimey just noticed reached my 1000 post WOW

IT was always going to be rain to snow HC

C.S

Difference is HC is that the cold uppers and snow are coming from the east.

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

tiny? didnt you get like 5cm? better than 1cm thats tiny

Posted

Blimey just noticed reached my 1000 post WOW

IT was always going to be rain to snow HC

C.S

Difference is HC is that the cold uppers and snow are coming from the east.

all one can say, is lets really hope for the best tonight maybe we'll see something we have not since since early december

tiny? didnt you get like 5cm? better than 1cm thats tiny

5cm? i got nothing last saturday the snow was 25/30 miles inland, we had freezing rain mate, all day and night after a brief 5 min powder snow which stopped

Posted

Rain here aswell but 850hpa heights are just too warm for a 'freezing rain' event, luckily or unluckily. It will be later on this afternoon around 3/5pm ish that for us in the south this light drizzle will start to turn back into snow..and the good news is another 10-25cm ontop of whatever snowcover is left over (or even if snow-forecast/GFS is predicting) those in lower levels aswell who didn't see anything last time.

Posted

Quiet in here,i wonder why oh yes i remenber BT is at college LOL :rofl:

C.S

Posted

Rain here aswell but 850hpa heights are just too warm for a 'freezing rain' event, luckily or unluckily. It will be later on this afternoon around 3/5pm ish that for us in the south this light drizzle will start to turn back into snow..and the good news is another 10-25cm ontop of whatever snowcover is left over (or even if snow-forecast/GFS is predicting) those in lower levels aswell who didn't see anything last time.

How much snow have you got left from the weekend? Were just down to grass being covered and the pavements having ice on them.

Posted

Just popped out into the yard..its raining but the surface is still below freezing and its forming ice, very hard to see it but you can hear it crunch underfoot, thank god that i put some grit down

Posted

http://www.snow-fore...maps/dynamic/uk

How accurate are those forecasts though ? the animation shows snow right over to the coast later on today, even as far north as South Cumbria. No other forecast i have seen has snow as widespread as that,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

How much snow have you got left from the weekend? Were just down to grass being covered and the pavements having ice on them.

Really is a different world up there (despite not being too far away from here)......I noticed that even Sandbach (just a few miles away) had areas of left over snow when we drove through last night.

Posted

Mainly compacted ice (frozen/melted/refrozen) but around 5cm across lower levels with still 10cm on the higher slopes above 1000ft. I was hoping this current lot would melt away as there's nothing worse than venturing outside on already iced-over ground with fresh snowfall on top, it makes walking up and down the steep slopes 'interesting' to say.

Posted

Liverpool airport have now updated their forecast and going for rain through the remainder of today and later no significant weather, it will be updated again with snow if the models are right ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Thirded - thats backtracks eyebrows gone then..

I said Friday btw - not today :)

NMM looks encouraging.

FYI - the Met Office expect a secondary band to develop in the East, this will be the snow as it has colder, drier air associated with it later on today into tomorrow. :)

Posted

He will be in college with no eyebrows tomorrow...

HE HE want the photo,s as proof LOL

As posted earlier the difference from sat is the angle of attack,this time the colder uppers and PPN

is from the east

C.S