Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 7

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

no ice here, just wet, but were in Wirral, which pretty much speaks for itself.

Now approaching 1C

Posted

I'm nearly south Manchester here in Altrincham, doesn't remote feel like its about to snow, a heavy fine drizzle, feels like the temperature has risen within the last couple of hours as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

NMM is ABSOLUTELY bang on with the radar atm. What a fantastic model.

It also has an area of snow over our region from around 00:00, sledges out ladies & gents. :) (in the south of the region)

Hope it's correct, not only do I get to have some fun on the last day of college, but I get to keep my eyebrows.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester airport current conditions

light rain

temperature 0c

DP -1c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Apparently breaking news on the highways agency, says 'snow, all regions!' lol. http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/breakingnews.aspx

I always check their site, although i know the work with the meto, for some reason i always think their write ups are more accurate and worded much better.

Posted

We've had rain all morning here, heavy but fine if that makes sense. Current temps at Liverpool Airport are: Current Temp 1°C (34°F) Dewpoint 0°C

(32°F)

Humidity

93%

Icicles are forming on the shed and car bumper again.

Posted

now the temp is dropping on the west side 0.2c

Snow will come I am sure. It will be tretcherous on the roads tonight and tomorrow morning. All this wet surface rain will freeze

Posted

Cold drizzle in Macclesfield, wouldn't be surprised if it snowed in the next few hours

It is progressively getting more sleety I'd say. I'd give it an hour or so before we start getting some light snow. Certainly feels colder than a couple of hours ago.

Posted

It also has an area of snow over our region from around 00:00, sledges out ladies & gents. :) (in the south of the region)

Hope it's correct, not only do I get to have some fun on the last day of college, but I get to keep my eyebrows.

Not a chance mate. Get a mirror and look at your eyebrows because i fear u wont see them for a while. I do hope your right tho

Posted

Yep, I did say before that it did a great job on Saturday and it seems to be doing a wonderful job with this one, much closer to the mark thus far than the NAE with regards to the precip distrubtion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

It is progressively getting more sleety I'd say. I'd give it an hour or so before we start getting some light snow. Certainly feels colder than a couple of hours ago.

Yeah the rain here in Macclesfield is definately getting more sleety I work in Macclesfield but live in Sandbach no doubt I will get stuck on my up here tomorrow! :cold:

Posted

Yep, I did say before that it did a great job on Saturday and it seems to be doing a wonderful job with this one, much closer to the mark thus far than the NAE with regards to the precip distrubtion.

Just hoping it's as accurate when it comes to the snowfall as the freezing rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Blimey! Just be careful out there , especially cumbria way http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098704/Perfect-storm-rain-falling-freezing-ground-causes-dozens-crashes-forecasters-say-Brace-3-inches-snow.html

We had a bit of freezing rain this morning but it has warmed up since here in leyland, nit like last saturday that was dreadful, i slipped on the driveway trying to get in the frozen car, had to go 8 miles up the motorway to visit my dad in preston hospital with pnemonia, it rained and rained all day that day that when we got to mcdonalds drivethrough lol, all the food boards were that frozen with mottled ice and iccicles you couodnt even make out the pictures let alone the menu's ! Lol, and some poor woman had been stood out in it over an hour taking peoplee food orders.

Posted

Still -0.5C here with moderate freezing rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

12021000_0912.gif

Oh dear, I'm throwing in the towel.........NAE has the front cleearing through quicker AND says no to snow, so a double slap in the face

Posted

Not looking good at all. Quite peeved about this one actually as I wasn't that bothered about Saturday's event as I was working.

Nevermind eh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

Doesnt surprise me at all

Yep no surprise. :doh: Heres hoping we are reading to much into the models and we wake up with at least a covering tomorrow!

Posted

Yep no surprise. :doh: Heres hoping we are reading to much into the models and we wake up with at least a covering tomorrow!

I think we stnd more chance of waking up to a gold ingot nestled in the pillow next to us