Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Looking pretty dark to the North of Cardiff, can't hear anything due to being in the library, but the potential is there. Also just started to rain heavily.

Edited by Liam Ellis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Got to feel sorry for us lot in the Pennines these past 2 days, forecasts from local news and mountain area give slight risks of hail and thunder yet it feels like a typical dull winters day sat beneath the LLC 'pivot.' Looking forward more towards tomorrow in terms of storm risk locally when the LLC shifts further northwest out into southern Scotland.

yes it feels like late october here, cold and wet, may have to waite untill next week for any thunder..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Having a moderate hail shower at the mo, hail almost pea sized.

strange isn't it.....I have never had a meal and said these peas are hail sized....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nice line of PPN from the North Sea into NE England stretching towards the far east of Wales, showers breaking out either side of this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Couple of rumbles of thunder over coventry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just been pelted with pea sized hail! Ouch....Was waiting for a boom that never happened though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm....getting a tad frustrated....caught in a band of lightish ppn arching back through yorks into the north sea, I was hoping for this to fire up, but instead the anvil/cirrus shield is seriously hampering convection...20 miles east and west big cells are fire readily, but not here....

Posted

Sunshine just about struggling through here now and a few signs of some convection. If we could just get two or three more hours of this I will be happy to get a big bang later today clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Heard my first thunder of the season! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Nothing notable yet, just heavy heavy showers....

and the Met Police ASU chopper just landed in Ruskin Park... probably didn't like the idea of what was heading it's way.

I stand corrected, was the Virgin Medivac. LAAS

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

LOUD explosion like thunder, very different to what I usually hear!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, hot sunny weather

Hail here at work in Brentford - absolutely teeming down! Pea sized hail but not thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Noticed something not sure if it is me..Look at the PPN as it leaves Birmingham..It picks up intensity as it heads South East..

Possibly due to the clearer skies there, allowing convection to really get going... forgot it's 1400hrs... long day ahead of some stormy weather.

YES!!!! THUNDERSTORM 7!! MUHAHAHAH!! Nice big crackle and it's heading my way... muhaha!! Most thunderstorms I've had since about 2006.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Very black to my north towards central London - with a deep rumble of thunder just then, must be the cell that was producing torrential rain on a lunchtime TV news report showing from west London.

Posted

listening to 120.4 and all planes at heathrow not wanting to take an approach as cell on final

Its not fair everything is forming just south of here

Edited by Weather wizard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Does anyone have any opinions on the likelyhood of seeing anything thundery in S. Gloucestershire today? Cape levels look good for any showers to tap into but we are right on the edge of it.

I am expecting already that nothing will come to fruition here personally, but looking at the radar the showers are swinging around more into our area than I thought it would.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

More cells to the North of Telford heading this way... Kain mind the hail!!! rofl.gif

Hehe It's sharp when it hit your ears >.< :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Noticed something not sure if it is me..Look at the PPN as it leaves Birmingham..It picks up intensity as it heads South East..

It's the usual scenario, the midlands breeds them, the south east gets them....we're a right bunch of total breeders...lol......the main reason showers are building in the south midlands towards you is that they are passing through areas of favourable development, ie convective energy, increased lift & solar heating....here in the NW midlands we have the first 2 ingredients, but a lack of solar heating due to dissipating anvil shields from showers/further north