Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whilst there is a fair bit fo cloud, its not 100% like most days unlike Telford and the sun peeks through now and again and it is fairly pleasant.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

well where was this frost, i was waiting all week for it, so i didn't put my crops out, when it turns out i could of, typical

a bit milder today up to 10c wow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

So this explains everything: ;-) ( see the pic for the reason why Telford is always cloudy. laugh.png ). I just hope that shield can be sorted because I know how the people in North-West Shropshire feel. sad.png

post-10703-0-92893600-1336316924_thumb.p

Posted
laugh.png Weve actually just had 15 minutes of pleasant sunshine which was very nice indeed. Edited by conor123

Posted

Yey, looks like the local Telford authorities are trying to do something about that shield already. :) :lol:

Really says something about how bad the weather has been when people say today is warm, it feels freezing with dewpoints of -2C, even though it stayed cloudy all night temps still got down to 3C which for May under overcast skies is very cold indeed, usually you need clear skies for 3C at night in May.

I see the plume has gone for end of the week also, could be extremely wet mid week, i think the weather will remain cool either westerly or northerly for the rest of May with only brief HP ridges.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

Gone for a walk while the Solihull Sun Shield is weak. ;-) Feeling a bit more warmer than I thought, although it was a little bit cold when I first started to walk.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Felt quite warm in the sun here today although I did wear my jumper on my constitutional just now.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Thursday is looking like an absolute washout for the W midlands, rather unusual for meto to issue an advisory this far out? GFS also gives a grim outlook for thursday

Posted

Just got back from my walk and surprised to find on the local Met Office report that it was only 9.2*C. ohmy.png Honestly thought it felt more like 12*C or something. Though I suppose even 9.2*C can feel pleasant in the sun, despite their being quite a lot of cloud around, too, so I kinda concur with what TonyH said.

Edit: Also had a very quick look on the GFS for Thursay and indeed it looks like the weather is going to be very disturbed on that day with that stretchy Low Pressure system over us.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Thursday is looking like an absolute washout for the W midlands, rather unusual for meto to issue an advisory this far out? GFS also gives a grim outlook for thursday

Indeed and yet AGAIN washout by day, it seems like its compulsory for these weather fronts to give depressing washout days followed by dry often clear nights, tommorow for example to.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Wasn't today supposed to be a washout

I was thinking the same myself. The rainfall for the Midlands seems to have been much exaggerated; there seems to be very little moving north east from Wales and what there is of it has split in half leaving me staring at a wide, dry gap.

Posted

Hope the rain missis me today got to go and help a mate stone his front garden. Looking at the radar looks like i might just get lucky

Edited by skyblusam

Posted

We're just getting the very northern tip of the southern half of the band here atm.

Shouldn't last long and then hopefully the sun'll come out and it'll be 70'f and a perfcet end to the day (well maybe not the 70'f bit) :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes barely anything on the front. Just a few spots here. Now just the low - moderate risk of some showers, maybe thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I thought today was gona be a washout too. When i checked the weather we suppose to be raining with heavy showers in the afternoon.

Posted

Yep hardly any rainfall but no surprise that the 100% overcast skies never fail to come off :lol:

Posted

Which front, Blizzards?

Hasnt an Occluded front just passed over???

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_latest_pressure.html

Posted

Anti-sunny skies here at the moment with a bit of rain falling. Looking at the radar, does look like not all that much rain fell in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It is raining here now but nowhere near heavy enough to satisfy my pluvial cravings, nor will it last long enough either.

C'est la vie.

Posted

The radar blobs that have appeared off the SW may bring more rain to us later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

there's nothing quite like a good old fashioned West Midlands washout, you know, the kind of washout that provides a 3 drops of rain deluge rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, yes, part of the frontal boundary has occluded but we still have a part of the waving CF trailing to the SW, which is likely to bring further rain, potentially heavy, later on today. With a slight risk of thunderstorms developing within the warm sector, I should add.

Get in my son, I'll have a bit of that! good.gif