Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

My sister phoned me to report a weak thunderstorm over Brixham, South Devon in the past hour....she asked me why the storm didn't last long and I tried explaining about lack of shear and precip swamped updrafts and all, to which she replied...."Do you speak English?" laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

look at how quickly the showers are growing over SE Ireland FGS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Wife reported thunder in Weston at lunchtime, nothing here in Nailsea.

Looks like the winds have turned more westerly which have taken the showers north of me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

My sister phoned me to report a weak thunderstorm over Brixham, South Devon in the past hour....she asked me why the storm didn't last long and I tried explaining about lack of shear and precip swamped updrafts and all, to which she replied...."Do you speak English?" laugh.png

Good chance of you seeing something fairly soon.....convergence pushing N&E gradually the radar over the past couple of hours matches closely to the projected convergence from GFS....

Convergence running NW-SE through Wales....

ukwind.png

By 6pm, CAPE and convergence pushes N and E

ukwind.png

ukcapeli.png

In the next hour convergence and peak CAPE values should ensure you get some fun :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Showers/thunderstorms now starting to fire in Mid Wales along a line of LLC which is progged to move northwards during the next few hours...As mentioned by crewecold, I would expect more showers/storms to break out over the next couple or so hours affecting the west midlands as they drift eastwards training along the LLC line....North of Brum looks very good, touch wood!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers/thunderstorms now starting to fire in Mid Wales along a line of LLC which is progged to move northwards during the next few hours...As mentioned by crewecold, I would expect more showers/storms to break out over the next couple or so hours affecting the west midlands as they drift eastwards training along the LLC line....North of Brum looks very good, touch wood!

Indeed, and also some of those torrential cells look to be lasting longer than 5 minutes or so too. However it cant be denied Shear is extremely weak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Some heavy showers over hull on the radar at the moment, which is where im heading now. Fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

very grey to the west of me and my tv keeps going off which usually means stormy weather on the way...

Posted

Does seem as if the showers are making a move eastwards from the Welsh marches atm.

I want it to stay dry for a while as I'm about to go and cut the almost 1 foot deep lawn, as it's been so wet that the lawn mowers been inside for almost a month!

Posted

What's happening? Radar looks awesome, then nothing — it all fizzles after it leaves Wales ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

IF (emphasise on the word IF) something things look promising Monday afternoon/evening then yes will definitely be taking a trip down towards the coast and yes of course you'll be more than welcome to join me.

That of course is IF we get favourable patterns and IF something looks like kicking off....I feel myself ramping up over the prospect even though models do not point to a great deal happening for us (that my friends fits nicely with the OED definition of "desperation") lol

Let's pray!! :@D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

What's happening? Radar looks awesome, then nothing — it all fizzles after it leaves Wales ...

The convergence is shifting.......instead of running NW-SE through Wales, winds are starting to converge more W-E which, as it shifts, is leaving showers that had already formed high and dry as it were. With little shear they won't be able to sustain themselves outside of those parameters. Convection should fire up again across the places I mentioned earlier within the next half an hour-45 mins and continue for a couple of hours.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hail now falling here from a very dull looking sky. Not very black but it is actually quite dark here now. Slow moving cells too nearby.

Posted

Have been watching a band of showery rain that formed over west Lincolnshire earlier which has been slowly moving E and quite a bit of acrivity has formed on its northern edge whilst the southern part has decayed. As a result it is getting increasingly overcast here, and very threatening. So far no precipitation or thunder.

Posted

Almost pea sized hail here now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Have been watching a band of showery rain that formed over west Lincolnshire earlier which has been slowly moving E and quite a bit of acrivity has formed on its northern edge whilst the southern part has decayed. As a result it is getting increasingly overcast here, and very threatening. So far no precipitation or thunder.

Its raining here in Scartho. Started about 10 minutes ago and still looking quite dark.

Posted

Its raining here in Scartho. Started about 10 minutes ago and still looking quite dark.

Hi Mattyk1985. Still nothing here. Any thunder with you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Hi Mattyk1985. Still nothing here. Any thunder with you?

Nope just moderate rain. Looking at the sky before it started raining, I thought we were in for a storm.

Posted

Nope just moderate rain. Looking at the sky before it started raining, I thought we were in for a storm.

Yes, that was my thought too. It has just started raining here, not heavy though. Appears to be some kind of convergence going on.

Edited by nimbus20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Where's the NW free radar? I can never find it.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely afternoon here after a partly cloudy morning. In fact, quite a usable day in all between what will have been two dire days haha.

Never thought there would be widespread showers today anyway, not in a col between two big low pressures.