Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Fed Up With Overcast, Rain And Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Yet another miserable depressing day. Cold, wet and sunless with more completely featureless skies.

This was the sky during the brighter part of the day before the murk and rain moved in:

post-11542-0-63342700-1340297847_thumb.j

Precisely the same dismal uniform grey we've been subjected to all day long on about 50% of days this month and for the majority of the time on most other dayshappy.png

Temp reached just 11.7C today so another well below average day. Only one day has been above average this month and it was blighted by heavy downpours. Just 16 days out of the past 82 have been seen above average maximanonono.gif .

When will this nightmare end? Don't know anyone who isn't sick to death of this unrelenting dross and asking what the hell has happened to our weather. This vile month is so repugnant it's making even April and the first three weeks of May seem decent by comparisonwallbash.gif .

This is exactly the set-up we have got here at the moment. And people are talking about the week in March and end of May where we had "glorious" weather. For us that consisted of two days of half-decent hazy sunshine before breaking down into the pattern that we still have now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ALL WEATHER, NOT THE PETTY POLITICS OF MODS IN THIS SITE

I read somewhere recently, someone from the Met Office asking what else should we expect, what with living where we do. I for one am not stupid, in that I don't expect day after day of 90 degrees Mediterranean style summer weather. But I would expect better than the way below average sunshine, way above average rainfall and below average temperatures that has been served up by this unflushable turd of a so-called summer month. mad.gif

The answer to that Met Office worker who asked : "what else should we expect?"

Should have been.....warmer, drier and sunnier summers which the Met Office predicted we would all be enjoying due to persistently ever warming global temps! Its their dumb prediction they made almost twenty five years ago!

The so called experts told us to expect Mediteranean type summers within the first few decades of this century. Well what happened to that prediction!

Meanwhile in the real world here in the city, the warmest place in the country during mid summer its 15C, overcast, shwrs in the vicinity with a 20 mph stiff west, southwesterly blowing.

Edited by Village

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I don't think I have ever seen such an unsettled cool run for a summer month than the 12z GFS! There is barely a ridge in there, literally low after low for the next two weeks! I ain't tuna get me thunderstorm fix with that outlook!

Posted

not a surprise to see the GFS already downgrading any warmth for next week by shunting it further south, i knew the GFS 18z was leading us up the garden path last night, however the ukmo is not bad

yet another dull cool day with showers here,

Posted

I read somewhere recently, someone from the Met Office asking what else should we expect, what with living where we do. I for one am not stupid, in that I don't expect day after day of 90 degrees Mediterranean style summer weather. But I would expect better than the way below average sunshine, way above average rainfall and below average temperatures that has been served up by this unflushable turd of a so-called summer month. mad.gif

Best description yet! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Credit where it's due .today has been the best imitation yet of a wet and windy day in October/November (sarcasm mode in overdrive).

This month has been absolutely foul and rotten. June 2012, I will always remember as an utterly hateful, detestable, wretched, disgusting excuse for a summer month. If I were a house-martin, swift or swallow I'd be thinking sod this I'm off to Spain.

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

im running out of things too say about this so called summer month, yet again it is windy giving my crops another battering, it is a miracle they are still alive and now we need a hot july and august if i am too get any veg, also i don't want any more rain for now as they are yellow

although september and october will probably be nice again so still plenty of time

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just to rub it in a bit, this station in western Greenland has managed to break the 20C mark on four consecutive days this week, and 9 times in the last month, with two reaching 22C!

http://ogimet.com/cg...&min=0&ndays=30

post-6901-0-92828100-1340402146_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just to rub it in a bit, this station in western Greenland has managed to break the 20C mark on four consecutive days this week, and 9 times in the last month, with two reaching 22C!

Thanks for that BFTV...bad.gifrofl.gif

Posted

The foul, depressing horror show just goes on and on

Yesterday morning:

post-11542-0-34028800-1340444583_thumb.j

Yesterday lunchtime:

post-11542-0-09557000-1340444595_thumb.j

Yesterday evening:

post-11542-0-95709100-1340444616_thumb.j

This morning;

post-11542-0-13726900-1340444627_thumb.j

Just the same rank overcast garbage day in day out - all that changes is the shade of greybad.gif .

In the past after a spell of very wet weather the wind would have returned to the westerly quadrant with brightening skies but now it just stays stuck in the east resulting in the wet weather replaced by fog and murk as illustrated above.

Looks like the third sunless washout weekend on the trot with signs already showing for another write-off next weekend. A shocking run last seen in summer 2007 but not during autumn or winter since at least 2002

All throughout last year I had to endure wet miserable Saturdays like this and can't take any more. There's just no quality of life stuck indoors all the time feeling fed up - it's like serving a life sentence and I just wish I was in a position to be able to emigrate. The only thing helping me get through this nightmare is 15-days in Spain to look forward to at the end of July.

Just a joke that even Greenland and Iceland are experiencing warmer, sunnier weatherwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I was in Iceland June 2007 and it was like a dust bowl over there - lorries driving along unpaved roads left massive dust trails in the air. It was sunny most days (and almost 24 hours a day of course) with no rain at all and I remember people saying how happy they were with such good weather.

It's obvious northerly latitudes do well out of northern blocking whilst north western Europe suffers. If our weather is good no doubt theirs is naff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Surely that is record breaking?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Surely that is record breaking?

Maybe the number of 20C+ days is, but Greenland reached 24.8C last month and it's all time record is 25.5C.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2110

Posted

The foul, depressing horror show just goes on and on

Yesterday morning:

post-11542-0-34028800-1340444583_thumb.j

Yesterday lunchtime:

post-11542-0-09557000-1340444595_thumb.j

Yesterday evening:

post-11542-0-95709100-1340444616_thumb.j

This morning;

post-11542-0-13726900-1340444627_thumb.j

Just the same rank overcast garbage day in day out - all that changes is the shade of greybad.gif .

In the past after a spell of very wet weather the wind would have returned to the westerly quadrant with brightening skies but now it just stays stuck in the east resulting in the wet weather replaced by fog and murk as illustrated above.

Looks like the third sunless washout weekend on the trot with signs already showing for another write-off next weekend. A shocking run last seen in summer 2007 but not during autumn or winter since at least 2002

All throughout last year I had to endure wet miserable Saturdays like this and can't take any more. There's just no quality of life stuck indoors all the time feeling fed up - it's like serving a life sentence and I just wish I was in a position to be able to emigrate. The only thing helping me get through this nightmare is 15-days in Spain to look forward to at the end of July.

Just a joke that even Greenland and Iceland are experiencing warmer, sunnier weatherwallbash.gif

Richard. Your series of shots is literally identical to the pattern we have here at the moment. What's becoming so frustrating is that there is literally NO CHANGE through the day and into the next day. Just this mind-numbing grey blanket of featureless cloud, cool, breezy and mainly dry (any rain tending to be drizzly or light)...absolutely depressed with it!!

Posted

I don't get this; at least there's some variety in the shading,but sun-lovers crave the same uniform blue sky with a blazing white blob in the middle of it. What's the matter with 'em,and more to the point when's it going to rain again? Yesterday was stupendous around here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Typical summer's day in Madrid

Morning

sunny-sky.jpg

Afternoon

sunny-sky.jpg

Evening

sunny-sky.jpg

repeat every day between May and September

Edited by Aaron

Maybe the number of 20C+ days is, but Greenland reached 24.8C last month and it's all time record is 25.5C.

http://www.wundergro...l?entrynum=2110

Interesting because from data on Ogimet 20c is not at all unusual for that station. Since 2000 the location you posted reached 20c every June apart from 2006 with 19,8c - and it reached 25.2c in 2008 and 25.5c in 2010.

Posted

Typical summer's day in Madrid

repeat every day between May and September

Arrgh,just horrific. And isn't that Nibiru at 11 o'clock acute.gif ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I'd say there is quite a craving for 'uniform blue sky with a blazing white blob in the middle of it' (like that description!) in the UK as it is very rare to last more than a day or two. It's the same with the snow cravings - we don't get much of it so we crave it more.

Madrid - well that's a good example of continental climate in a very dry area. In winter its freezing cold there and in summer blazing hot hence why the city empties in high summer with people escaping the heat.

Personally I'd argue that this weather *isn't* uniform dull as it's gone from rain to sun to cloud to rain again and nothing like a flat uniform grey sheet like you can get off an easterly in winter/spring. It's just the balance of cloud/rain to sun has been stacked in the wrong direction for most people - and temperatures are generally too low.

Posted

This is an absolute joke now....mid-summer, heating on, lamps on, even the street lamps have just come on and its just turning 9pm....what the hell is going on? Something is very seriously wrong with the weather here right now....its not even stormy (which I could understand) it's just so bl**dy DULL ALL THE TIME!!

Posted

dull and drizzly again bored of writing about it now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

that greenland high is gonna send me over the edge if it don't go away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Not a bad day here today with temperatures in the high teens and quite a lot of afternoon sunshine. Our cricket match still went ahead despite heavy rain last night.

But the huge puddles in the fields tell their own story. The drier days next week cant come soon enough. And, strangely, i can see our area being one of the drier parts of the country as we have tended to miss out on the real deluges but still had copious amounts of rainfall.

Posted

Arrgh,just horrific. And isn't that Nibiru at 11 o'clock acute.gif ?

if you hate warmth and sun so much you should move to lerwick, as iceland, greenland and even mainland scotland would be too hot for you