Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

UK Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May Into June 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

Just had a heavy shower pass through here, gaining in intensity too and heading off to the east. Now heading in the direction of St.Helens, nothing electrical yet..

Posted

Looks like sferics from the cell heading into Telford. I ain't heard anything from it yet.

They are showing a bit far north I think, the cell to the south is moving away rather than getting closer, southern most parts of Telford may be getting a soaking though, im in one of the most northern parts and its bright.

Here's the view to the south.

post-2546-0-18356400-1338399726_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Cell Chester way and one that's reinvigorated just NE of S-O-T. Also some heavy returns across some parts of NW England. Too far north for here though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

just had a torrential downpour in Hatfield, lasted 10 mins or so, a few rumbles and flashes too....nice but not much....anymore coming?

Did you get that one Saint?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

It's all a bit north for me :( I can see it from the garden, but unless there's going to be a freak u-turn, that lovely red and purple radar blob is drifting away :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

ooh the sun's gone in!!!!!!! And........it's back out again..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Rumbles to my west....still looking for lightening..surely this one isnt going to go past me sorry.gif

Really? I'm to your west and there's nothing here, do you mean the cluster that's to my North? Somehow I think it's going to miss you!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

They are showing a bit far north I think, the cell to the south is moving away rather than getting closer, southern most parts of Telford may be getting a soaking though, im in one of the most northern parts and its bright.

Here's the view to the south.

post-2546-0-18356400-1338399726_thumb.jp

Looks evil. We aint had a drop of rain in Bridgnorth so still muggy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

yeah its sunny and hazey here.

Posted

That cell just exiting Liverpool looks to be heading my way and intensifying. Can it turn electrical? (Then again, the question should be can it survive the Pennines without collapsing completely)?

Posted

Just had a heavy shower pass through here, gaining in intensity too and heading off to the east. Now heading in the direction of St.Helens, nothing electrical yet..

Only caught the edge of that but it looks as if it's intensity is increasing as it heads for the hills around Bolton / Bury good.gif

Posted

Looks evil. We aint had a drop of rain in Bridgnorth so still muggy here.

Fizzled away not long after to the south east, sunny now.

Looks like its to late to catch anything here now unless a miracle happens :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

That cell just exiting Liverpool looks to be heading my way and intensifying. Can it turn electrical? (Then again, the question should be can it survive the Pennines without collapsing completely)?

I had a direct hit from that cell about 30 minutes ago as it was developing, gave some very heavy rain and seems to still be growing in intensity too, nothing electrical seen or rumbles heard from it.. Best of luck if it makes it too you..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Got intense showers to the north and south of Nottingham, but still not a drop of rain here today.

The one passing to the north of Nottingham has really intensified fast. Seems Nottingham was the breeding ground for that one.

At the moment Lincolnshire is looking like a great place to be this evening.

Posted

It's North of the M62 already, still got my money on static as it rises up over Bolton way !

Posted

That cell is over me right now very torrential rain going on, but you guessed no T&Lfool.gif

We are not the south east so thats probably whyrolleyes.gif , Infact I have seen storms with frequent thunder and less heavy rain than this, what does it take here thesedays, I give up, the rain was interesting anyway

Posted

Only caught the edge of that but it looks as if it's intensity is increasing as it heads for the hills around Bolton / Bury good.gif

Yep, one to keep an eye on... It's getting too far away to see it now but a few minutes ago the back end of it was slate grey as it was moving away.

Posted

I had a direct hit from that cell about 30 minutes ago as it was developing, gave some very heavy rain and seems to still be growing in intensity too, nothing electrical seen or rumbles heard from it.. Best of luck if it makes it too you..

Thank you, although it has died just slightly on the latest radar. I'm unsure the effect the Pennines will have, sometimes they intensify showers but more often they kill them. Hence the Bradford-Leeds storm shield doh.gif

Posted

Stuck in the Trafford centre working but it has

Gone very dark through the centre.

Posted

It's North of the M62 already, still got my money on static as it rises up over Bolton way !

I am on the bolton side of wigan and there is no electrcal activity in it , just heavy rain, it looked so promising as it approached , very dark, and greenish with defined rain curtains on the edges . I was convinced I would here thunder , but when it starts to rain first I always knew it was not going to be, From experience thunder usually is heard before the rain,if it is electified

Edited by IanR

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised to hear a rumble of thunder or two in the next hour, it is very warm and humid here now and it is getting increasingly dark with big thermals going up. I've been watching the birds riding them around in circles up and down.

Look at this too:

post-131-0-82844000-1338402213_thumb.jpg

Posted

All this lot is converging on East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Not sure if parameters are in place as far north as these areas, but if they are then it could be an interesting late evening. Then again, it could just be a wet evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nice potent cell has gone up nr Bridgnorth, salops in the past few minutes drifting in my direction...What I'd give for this to be another May 9th special! laugh.png