Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 18th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Roll up Roll up,Bugger it if summer wont come to us i will bring it to you FREE.

post-11193-0-70262200-1340391178_thumb.j 200 AVAILABLE.post-11193-0-50819600-1340391252_thumb.j Just finished decorating (NEW POOL).post-11193-0-26835500-1340391343_thumb.j Free House Boooz.post-11193-0-21356900-1340391407_thumb.j Lovely View.post-11193-0-15431500-1340391463_thumb.j Fresh Food.post-11193-0-13928000-1340391503_thumb.j Take a Dip.post-11193-0-01263800-1340391536_thumb.j Enjoy the night life.post-11193-0-57369500-1340391568_thumb.j Get Stuffed. Discounted flights available.Leave the chilly grey rainy days,Come to my Place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I think it depends where you were at the time...

post-10773-0-51399800-1340387616_thumb.p

....maybe he was at Woodstock cool.png

Blue sky and sunshine here now, shame it's still so windy but hopefully tomorrow will be better unsure.png

He'd be just about the last person I'd imagine at Woodstock, more like woodbine.wink.png

Posted

Roll up Roll up,Bugger it if summer wont come to us i will bring it to you FREE.

post-11193-0-70262200-1340391178_thumb.j 200 AVAILABLE.post-11193-0-50819600-1340391252_thumb.j Just finished decorating (NEW POOL).post-11193-0-26835500-1340391343_thumb.j Free House Boooz.post-11193-0-21356900-1340391407_thumb.j Lovely View.post-11193-0-15431500-1340391463_thumb.j Fresh Food.post-11193-0-13928000-1340391503_thumb.j Take a Dip.post-11193-0-01263800-1340391536_thumb.j Enjoy the night life.post-11193-0-57369500-1340391568_thumb.j Get Stuffed. Discounted flights available.Leave the chilly grey rainy days,Come to my Place.

Tempting, but I should leave my place to another who's not had a hot holiday recently.cool.png

Guest archiesmummy

Tempting, but I should leave my place to another who's not had a hot holiday recently.cool.png

Very generous of you!

I think me as not had holiday in 6years....:(

Somehow think Jason doesn't want two under 4s at his lovely holiday place! Lol

Quite windy here, garden umbrella just tried to make a bolt for it, think it wants a holiday too, its feeling mis used as a rain protector rather than a sun shade!

Posted

i think its time to look at christmas day

oh sorry its june thought it was october dry.png

oh what the hell biggrin.png

cfsnh-2-4476.png?18

cfsnh-2-4482.png?18

cfsnh-2-4488.png?18

cfsnh-2-4494.png?18

i have run through the long range stuff and would say

they look bitter from mid october onwards

this is just for fun

Guest archiesmummy

i think its time to look at christmas day

oh sorry its june thought it was october dry.png

oh what the hell biggrin.png

cfsnh-2-4476.png?18

cfsnh-2-4482.png?18

cfsnh-2-4488.png?18

cfsnh-2-4494.png?18

i have run through the long range stuff and would say

they look bitter from mid october onwards

this is just for fun

Lmao...if only!

Mulled wine anyone?!

Posted

Lmao...if only!

Mulled wine anyone?!

Might be worth a trip to the bookies for a bet on a white Christmas tomorrow. w00t.gif It's definitely going to be cold enough, but the problem is it looks like it might be a dry day.smiliz65.gif

Thanks for the inside info. John.drunk.gif

Posted

hi speed

no problem

its quite sad when the weather is so droll

i have to result in christmas chart posts wacko.png

still fun thoughtongue.png

Posted

Very generous of you!

I think me as not had holiday in 6years....sad.png

Somehow think Jason doesn't want two under 4s at his lovely holiday place! Lol

Quite windy here, garden umbrella just tried to make a bolt for it, think it wants a holiday too, its feeling mis used as a rain protector rather than a sun shade!

LOL,My god i have not been broad in nearly 10 years and i had to drive to the south of France as my wife was pregnant. As for holiday none in 6 years,(I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A PLANE) However this lovely British summer weather for this current year and previous So depressing is an understatement. I have decided to cancel my companies 3 year share scheme to take my family on holiday abroad,Away from this dire countries cr-ap summer weather.If i had the money to move abroad I would. So many have and so many are and good luck to them. For us poor souls lets enjoy the great British Summer.Soul Destroying....

Archies Mummy,If i really had that all in life..I would let you all live there.(RENT FREE) x

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Might be worth a trip to the bookies for a bet on a white Christmas tomorrow. w00t.gif It's definitely going to be cold enough, but the problem is it looks like it might be a dry day.smiliz65.gif

Thanks for the inside info. John.drunk.gif

Probably be 85f and sunny with clear blue skies...LOL. Christmas Turkey on a bbq.......Well you never know. I would put more money on the temp than the snow. Remember the poles and magnets are shifting 180.o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

There's one thing that I cannot stand and that is constant sunny and warm/hot weather. When I went to Cyprus there wasn't a single cloud in the sky the whole week, temperatures were bordering 40C the entire time and it really took its toll. That sort of weather could be another mans dream but feeling rain is actually a god send after a week of blistering heat and sun, trust me I'd take a week of rain rather than a week of heat any day. The last thing I should say is be thankful that there is copious amounts of rain, yes it is tedious and we could all do with being bronzed off but the weather will clear...one day! biggrin.png

Posted

There's one thing that I cannot stand and that is constant sunny and warm/hot weather. When I went to Cyprus there wasn't a single cloud in the sky the whole week, temperatures were bordering 40C the entire time and it really took its toll. That sort of weather could be another mans dream but feeling rain is actually a god send after a week of blistering heat and sun, trust me I'd take a week of rain rather than a week of heat any day. The last thing I should say is be thankful that there is copious amounts of rain, yes it is tedious and we could all do with being bronzed off but the weather will clear...one day! biggrin.png

PS...We all would love just 1 week of that weather,The problem is we never have for a long while..Well years. Cool windy showery sh ite,Appears to be the norm,I would love to be out there in the heat...Burning,Thirsty and loosing wait as this rubbish seems to encourage comfort food and films as we cant get out to enjoy...Dreading the 6 week holiday,Yeh 6 weeks off but i bet its the same old same old.

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Morning all! (where is everyone?wink.png )

As I've said before, I'd be very surprised if we got to the end of August without another dry, sunny period.

This is not a forecast, but to go for 5 months, in this part of the country, with one settled period of a little over a week (late May) would be way more than unprecendented, in my living memory - this is obviously anecdotal, but I'd be surprised if this was incorrect.

The summer of 1991 was a pile of poo for the first six weeks (summer being June, July and August for this purpose ) but then completely changed, to end up being fairly reasonable overall, with a very good late July / August.

We're in a run of mediocre summers that started in 2007, but that doesn't mean the whole summer will be bad. These runs have happened since people started recording the weather - for instance there were 8 consecutive mild winters between 1732 & 1739, immediately followed by a run of cold winters from 1740 to 1746. In the future we'll have another run of good summers.

I'm firmly of the opinion that nature balances, excepting underlying long term trends (global warming etc.) and even if the summer is overall unsettled, we should still have some decent weather to come, given my belief. Definitely don't navel gaze by just looking at the FI section of weather models, in my opinion.

Keep faith (even if your faith is sorely tested)biggrin.png

Posted

As I've said before, I'd be very surprised if we got to the end of August without another dry, sunny period.

This is not a forecast, but to go for 5 months, in this part of the country, with one settled period of a little over a week (late May) would be way more than unprecendented, in my living memory - this is obviously anecdotal, but I'd be surprised if this was incorrect.

The summer of 1991 was a pile of poo for the first six weeks (summer being June, July and August for this purpose ) but then completely changed, to end up being fairly reasonable overall, with a very good late July / August.

We're in a run of mediocre summers that started in 2007, but that doesn't mean the whole summer will be bad. These runs have happened since people started recording the weather - for instance there were 8 consecutive mild winters between 1732 & 1739, immediately followed by a run of cold winters from 1740 to 1746. In the future we'll have another run of good summers.

I'm firmly of the opinion that nature balances, excepting underlying long term trends (global warming etc.) and even if the summer is overall unsettled, we should still have some decent weather to come, given my belief. Definitely don't navel gaze by just looking at the FI section of weather models, in my opinion.

Keep faith (even if your faith is sorely tested)biggrin.png

i just gazed in F 1 i wished i , had not !! if they get the tennis done in the next 2 weeks it will be a fluke!! , as i am normally on here in the winter time when its more fun!! i cant see me getting the suntan lotion out just more radar watching the monsoon season!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mulled wine anyone?!

Oh go on then if you insist.... it's a bit early for me really but I wouldn't mind one later drinks.gif

Morning,

Out and about....for me that's the dogs walked for an hour (but I wasn't awake as early as you !)

Quite pleasant here this morning, bright, warm and dry just a bit breezy still but not a bad start to the day, would settle for this all weekend rather than more of the wet stuff !

Posted

Still windy out there, I'm going to have to put some more flags up for tomorrow I guess!!!!!

England.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Morning everyone...

Was really sunny here when I first got up but now is very cloudy..still quite windy tho.

Bless you Jason, will hold you to that!

I agree with perfect storm, 40c is ridiculous heat, mid 20s with little bit of a breeze is nice in this country, I don't mind it hotter on holiday after all generally you have nothing to do, but here it seems harder to deal with!

I love rain at night, hitting the window, gives a feeling of snuggledom (its a word!) But during the day is getting a bit boring now, esp as no storms with it!

Anyway this is just what I like but I do understand many people really want scorching hot weather to feel like they have had a summer.

Still 2 or 3 months to go!

Have great weekend everyone :)

Guest archiesmummy

Gone very dark here, as in need to put a light on dark but can't see anything on the radar, even my little boy said is it getting night time now mummy?

:o

Edit...brightened up again now..weird!

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I don't like it too scorching hot. I love walking but it's too exhausting in hot temps. In June 2010 went camping and walking on Dartmoor. It was boiling hot and walking was definitely very tiring; but it was a brilliant weekend. A glass of cold, dry cider went down a treat at the local watering hole. (East Dart Hotel)

Very windy here today but no rain.........yet. Supposed to have heavy rain here tommoz. Typical when we were planing a walk. *tut*.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Gone very dark here, as in need to put a light on dark but can't see anything on the radar, even my little boy said is it getting night time now mummy?

ohmy.png

Edit...brightened up again now..weird!

No it hasn't...laugh.png

Posted

Scrap that..NAE model looks like it has this bang on

hi surrey

to early to call either way

something interesting to keep our eye on smile.png