Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 27th June 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hot cupper, your back! Not seen you for a while on here, and now I see you've been reborn as hot cupper 2!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Yes I noticed that as well....a nice clump of Cb's in western Biscay.....This is interesting because the steering winds for this area of convection and indeed most of the weather to the south/SW of the UK seems to be broadly NEerly which is at odds with some of the forecasts I've seen tonight which are keen to progress elevated convection NWwards from France into the Irish sea....definitely worth keeping an eye on

Yes I noticed that as well....a nice clump of Cb's in western Biscay.....This is interesting because the steering winds for this area of convection and indeed most of the weather to the south/SW of the UK seems to be broadly NEerly which is at odds with some of the forecasts I've seen tonight which are keen to progress elevated convection NWwards from France into the Irish sea....definitely worth keeping an eye on

may be this is what has been hiding from us until now,the ppn is starting to get heavier by the latest runsit does look promising AJ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I havent been able to log in for the last couple of days for some reason. Ive had a quick catch up but am a bit confused as there seems to be a bit of conflict. Are the storms most likely in central england or the whole of england? Also wuen is this supposed to be kicking off?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

right i am off to bed got to get up at 5 in the morning but i finish at 2 so hopefully i will catch the storms in the afternoon,good luck everyonegood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I havent been able to log in for the last couple of days for some reason. Ive had a quick catch up but am a bit confused as there seems to be a bit of conflict. Are the storms most likely in central england or the whole of england? Also wuen is this supposed to be kicking off?

Im pretty sure no one is that sure at the moment,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very heavy downpours over SW Scotland right now, any reports from that area guys? Apart from that there isn't much exciting kicking off just yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!!!! (sorry had to pop back on in shock!!!) Alex Deakin finally whips out the lightning globe and speaks of thunderstorms in the next 24 hours......not for the SE granted but most othe areas.

Schafernaker basically wipes out all hope for the SE too!!! Grrr :cray: will try again, night night

Posted

Well the BBC local news forecast isn't really buying the Met Office's no storms for the SW overnight..

He said 'Angry showers' 'Risk of thunder and lightning' and 'so there's a chance we could be woken up early tomorrow.'

I thought their info came from the MetO too.. confused.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I am in Middledbrough working tomorrow and wont be driving back up the A19 until around 3pm which is when it could all be kicking off, not looking forward to that drive if it does like but hoping for a decent storm non the less.

Tony over on UKWW has a red box over much of southern and central NE ENgland and Yorkshire, and in his write up says that the conditions that are coming together could be compared to the Birmingham and London tornadoes so an interesting read!

Quote:

All in all it is rare to see the models combine such strong shear with such strong instability. Similar past conditions can be associated with the Birmingham and London tornadoes!

Full post here: http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/91959-convective-outlook-thurs-28th-june-2012/page__pid__808512#entry808512

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Well the BBC local news forecast isn't really buying the Met Office's no storms for the SW overnight..

He said 'Angry showers' 'Risk of thunder and lightning' and 'so there's a chance we could be woken up early tomorrow.'

I thought their info came from the MetO too.. confused.com

That forecast would of probably been recorded before the latest UKMO model runs that Ian Fergusson was on about, came out.

Therefore the probably ain't got the latest data yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

El Brumo camo is back onio till further siestagood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Sod it I'm going to have an all nighter to see what comes off. I aint given up yet!

So with midnight approaching its becomming the optimal time when things were planned to kick off. Just have to make sure Thor knows it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Thunder and lightning now being reported in a few parts along the south coast of Ireland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Estofex really taking their time tonight...

I have a feeling they wont release theres till morning now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Sod it I'm going to have an all nighter to see what comes off. I aint given up yet!

So with midnight approaching its becomming the optimal time when things were planned to kick off. Just have to make sure Thor knows it!

I think you might be a tad early...optimal time IMO for any possible elevated storms for our neck of the woods is in the early hours towards breakfast time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

They only updated this afternoon, chances are they won't until the morning for sure!

Posted

Yeah, with severe events showing on the models, they really don't take these things lightly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I think you might be a tad early...optimal time IMO for any possible elevated storms for our neck of the woods is in the early hours towards breakfast time

Aye I know, but I was going to watch the radar to see whats comming towards our neck of the woods :)

One of the very few benefits of having insomnia, you never feel that tired after an all nighter :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Aye I know, but I was going to watch the radar to see whats comming towards our neck of the woods smile.png

One of the very few benefits of having insomnia, you never feel that tired after an all nighter smile.png

In that case, I'll join you for a bit...hang on, I'll just pull up a chair, and grab a beer ........drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

is that a level 4.....

post-10773-0-74904500-1340836186_thumb.j