Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 27th June 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The trough has arrived in Runcorn already wow that was quick.

Posted

Time for bed for me. Got the radio on am frez. laptop on rain / lightning & alarm set for 5am.

Time to wake the girl friend from her slumber on the sofa (bad neck coming her way),she didnt apriciate the 14 pages of post i just caught up on.

Good luck all for the next 24hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blitzortung shows a couple of fresh sferics just off South Devon coast now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Thunder, lightning and torrential rain in Cork the last 45 mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The trough has arrived in Runcorn already wow that was quick.

Very quick moving feature - Large drops, not as heavy as it looks on the radar as of yet.

No sferics observed, none likely to be yet either.

Posted

Southern Ireland is really have its fair share of the Convection, don't normally see that there very often so I bet they are enjoy a good night time Thunderstorm!

The trough has last passed through here, was largely light rain with big rain drops. Temperature is still pretty mild at 17.3c and the dew point hovering around 15c.

I'm going to catch some sleep as I don't see much happening to the Early hours now. Areas to keep an eye on are the South West (Southern Coasts of Devon and Cornwall), Bristol Channel/Irish Sea area and of course, Bay of Biscay! The CAPE/LI's are starting to build in across more of the country now, so we should start to see some development in the next few hours.

Just noticed some Sferics showing around South Devon, come inline with where the Greatest CAPE/LIs are currently.

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Large raindroppes now falling moderatly, the nearest sferics are in ireland though, but there sounds like a lot there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some sferics advancing on the S Devon Coast now and also a new one near St Austell, Cornwall.

Posted

Raining quite heavy now.

Posted

OK it really is heavy now and it's gone very humid. Wouldn't be surprised if this became electrical soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Not long until it reaches here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Flooding being reported around Cork city now.

Posted

Easing off now but that was a fun little trough. It's also much more humid feeling than before. Am off to get a bit of sleep now before the main action later this morning.

Edit, rain almost stoppped now and the wind appears to have changed direction more to the south east as I can now hear Liverpool docks quite clearly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

i hope for us in the SE but i have a horrible feeling we will miss out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Finally some lightnings! :D the storm drought has ended here. Nice little storm with around 8-10 flashes a minute at times although the low cloud prevented me from seeing any bolts of lightning but there was some definite close CG strikes going off the explosive sounding claps of thunder.

Posted

Yay, at last a storm. Seen some decent in cloud and cloud to ground lightening. Still off to my south west but getting nearer with increased activity :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

image_d_uk.png?t=1340849132&n=1340849136647

image_d_eu.png?t=1340849179&n=1340849180602

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So we have our first reports of activity in 'England'. Looking at that line of showers, if that starts mixing with CAPE on its journay north, then were gonn have some fun.

Posted

Yay, at last a storm. Seen some decent in cloud and cloud to ground lightening. Still off to my south west but getting nearer with increased activity smile.png

Indeed! haven't seen one like this for years! Fewquent too. Seems my hoping and slightly annoyed posts paid last night off lol

Edit: and that's why you should proof-read excited posts written as quick as possible lol.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Radar snap coming on in a minute, rather active for some! just only had heavy showers, the really unstable air moving in now with the plume, so i expect some more storms to break out in the west/sw, i can't rule out a storm in the southeast..whistling.gif

And taking a look at Thursday daytime , in the north and west it's here we can expect some extreme weather, floods in places(as has been)it is looking really dangerous for some areas.

Ok back to the here and now, radar on the way..

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Here is the storms in the SW, a really nice radar, this is the Met Office new radar,

not sure if i am allowed to take snaps of their site, can i say thanks!

here is the link http://www.metoffice...=5&locId=350928

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm