Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 27th June 2012>

Posted

Hey guys, its not very often i post here during the summer, im more of a winter nut ha ha.

I had to reply here just for the fact its not very often, I hear heavy slow moving thunderstorms from late afternoon into the evening for the teesside area!!!

Maybe a good chance to try the new camara out, if it actually happens lol.

Edited by dave79

Posted

A year ago on this date I was standing in south Lincolnshire fields wondering why a LLC advecting ahead of a cold front from the north wasn't sparking similar promised severe storms. Ironically it was that same cold front which proved to be the more active system of the day with heavy rain and the off sferic around Derby/Chesterfield way.

Hopefully today will be the day the weather provides the goods without even having to step outside the garden.

Posted

The trough that's currently crossing Wales and Central England is really starting to increase in activity

Posted

Looking at the 5 minute radar for my location and it's pepped up a treat in one 5 minute frame!

00:40 =

pLiSX.png

00:45 =

Zjcp4.png

EDIT:

Oh, well 5 minutes later it's died down again. :-/ what's going on?

00:50 =

ThFRA.png

Edited by slinky1989

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Might stay up a bit longer to wait for this interesting feature to pass through me thinks!

Edited by chris93

Posted

SnowMania do you think this line of activity will reach the Liverpool/Manchester area with any electric capacity?

Yes, its heading your way Dave, nothing convective currently and I don't think this trough will produce anything until the early hours as CAPE levels are currently not at their best.

I'm keeping a close eye on the area just South of Plymouth. A small area of disorganised showers have appeared in the last hour or so and seem to have energy available. Worth noting that this area is interacting with some mid level shear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Heavy rain now, wierd the rain is quite warm too!

Posted

it thunders so what? I don't see what the fuss is about, not as if we are going to see an F5 Tornado tearing through the south east is it? blum.gif

Edited by Hotcuppa2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

What time do you think it will get here because I want to get a little bit of sleep first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

it thunders so what? I don't see what the fuss is about, not as if we are going to see an F5 Tornado tearing through the south east is it? blum.gif

Well.. I'm not sure I want an F5 Tornado tearing through the SE!

Posted

Also Southern Ireland is really having its fair share at the moment, Multicells are appearing everywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

If you don't care your in the wrong thread dude tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Heard a couple rumbles earlier in the downpours that hit co down and antrim. Didnt see any lightning, fingers crossed for tommorow however.

Yes, its heading your way Dave, nothing convective currently and I don't think this trough will produce anything until the early hours as CAPE levels are currently not at their best.

I'm keeping a close eye on the area just South of Plymouth. A small area of disorganised showers have appeared in the last hour or so and seem to have energy available. Worth noting that this area is interacting with some mid level shear.

Cheers mate, I just thought with the current humidity and instability it could be capable of producing some Lightning albeit not frequent.

Posted

Cheers mate, I just thought with the current humidity and instability it could be capable of producing some Lightning albeit not frequent.

Yes the humidity and instability is sufficient, but sadly the Cape is lacking at the moment. The Greatest CAPE is currently over the English Channel towards the Bay of Biscay.

The GFS does show around 300-400J/kg for your area at midnight, so not out of the question!

Posted

after the front cleared the temp dropped by all of 3.1 deg c

temp is 15.4

wind very light southeast

humidity 85+ (rain ended 10 mins ago)

pressure falling

Yes the humidity and instability is sufficient, but sadly the Cape is lacking at the moment. The Greatest CAPE is currently over the English Channel towards the Bay of Biscay.

The GFS does show around 300-400J/kg for your area at midnight, so not out of the question!

Cheers mate, I'm gonna give it another hour I reckon should be sufficent for the front to have arrived pretty much, I'd be surprised not to see at least a few flashes of lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Where aare you Dave? Am on phone so can't see.

Posted

Cheers mate, I'm gonna give it another hour I reckon should be sufficent for the front to have arrived pretty much, I'd be surprised not to see at least a few flashes of lightning.

Yeah I don't see anything, so not worth staying up for to long.

Some big drops of raining coming out of this trough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

That squall line has just arrived, let's see if the air is unstable enough to make it go boom. :)

Posted

I know it well, I have family there. You're just 12 miles away from me then, it's nice to see another merseysider on here, there's not enough of em.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like fun for Ireland but no where else for now. Lets see what happens by morning. Storm risk for here is below 30% id say.