Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 28th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Your car sounds just about as bad as mine!

When I went for the panoramic sun roof option I had rather different expectations about what I would be able to see out of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just about to head off home now. It looks like the rain has decided to pick up and the travel news is not the best either. Lovely!bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

anyone checked the GFS cape and li recently? well im just going to put this out there that we basically get stable air while the rest of the UK gets good CAPE and LI levels. disgusting.

Posted

anyone checked the GFS cape and li recently? well im just going to put this out there that we basically get stable air while the rest of the UK gets good CAPE and LI levels. disgusting.

As the travel news is even worse now, I might just hang around to check it out then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

.............. If anyone thinks from my tone that I am getting just the teeniest bit fed up with this, then they are right!

I would say 'chins up' to everyone but that would only mean you get rain up your nose

We all have good reasons to be fed up with this weather AS, the Met O have confirmed June was the wettest since records began in 1910, it has also been the second dullest with only 119.2 hrs of sunshine (115.4 in 1987) and the coolest since 1991 with a mean temperature of 12.3 deg C

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2012/wettest-June

reasons to be cheerful # 1 - in a month's time I will thankfully be somewhere hot and sunny angel.gif

Posted

We all have good reasons to be fed up with this weather AS, the Met O have confirmed June was the wettest since records began in 1910, it has also been the second dullest with only 119.2 hrs of sunshine (115.4 in 1987) and the coolest since 1991 with a mean temperature of 12.3 deg C

http://www.metoffice...12/wettest-June

reasons to be cheerful # 1 - in a month's time I will thankfully be somewhere hot and sunny angel.gif

1991 also ended up being okay overall, as it picked up loads after about the first 10 days in July. It would be nice if it repeated..

Are you predicting good weather here then for a month's timewink.png , or are you off to the Canaries?

Edited by The Föhns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The question is: how far inland does that stability extend?

Posted

I don't think the CAPE looks too bad on Wednesday, but Thursday onwards is considerably worse. I think I'll just wait and see what happens, as I don't want to be known as the man making the crap forecasts.blush.png

post-11059-0-96696100-1341249575_thumb.p

Edited by The Föhns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Some heavy ish showers heading up towards EA looking at radar.......I think. Been a pleasant day here though with quite warm sun in between the clouds. Now it looks grey and it's raining. :(

Posted

Are you predicting good weather here then for a month's timewink.png , or are you off to the Canaries?

Typically it probably will be that week....but do I care ?

post-10773-0-15888900-1341252175_thumb.j

Nooooooo....I'm outta here angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

well im off to mexico on the 9th of september so hopefully get some nice hot temperatures with storms! just not looking forward to the due points in the mid to high 70s.

Posted

Looks like this summer is going to turn out as bad as 2007. I'm convinced of it now having looked at todays GFS output. Appalling,

Posted

Looks like this summer is going to turn out as bad as 2007. I'm convinced of it now having looked at todays GFS output. Appalling,

[/quote just seen a post for siverstone there already an amber alert for the camp sites there and its only monday !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Joy!!!!... school holidays and the olympics going to be a wash out. Wait for it.......?sorry.gif

Posted

[/quote just seen a post for siverstone there already an amber alert for the camp sites there and its only monday !!!

I put it on the GP weather thread but here it is again....

Current Status:

AMBER

Silverstone Woodlands Weather Warning System:

Silverstone Woodlands Campsite is introducing a weather warning system, allowing campers to check the state-of-play with regards to operation of the Campsite Wet Weather Plan. This can be viewed online and will be updated prior to the event to notify campers of any changes to Campsite operations.

http://www.silversto...wet-weather-f1/

I expect this will be RED by Friday !

Posted

Joy!!!!... school holidays and the olympics going to be a wash out. Wait for it.......?sorry.gif

I was lucky enough to see the torch at Althorp today..

post-10773-0-07445500-1341257399_thumb.j

...it was a bit damp but didn't spoil things too much, at least some of the events will be indoors!

Posted

I put it on the GP weather thread but here it is again....

Current Status:

AMBER

Silverstone Woodlands Weather Warning System:

Silverstone Woodlands Campsite is introducing a weather warning system, allowing campers to check the state-of-play with regards to operation of the Campsite Wet Weather Plan. This can be viewed online and will be updated prior to the event to notify campers of any changes to Campsite operations.

http://www.silversto...wet-weather-f1/

I expect this will be RED by Friday !

My Brother's going there. He'll be delighted!sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I was lucky enough to see the torch at Althorp today..

post-10773-0-07445500-1341257399_thumb.j

...it was a bit damp but didn't spoil things too much, at least some of the events will be indoors!

Ironically,Swimming MK. Gymnastics and cycling.Any room in your suit case, Fed up with the wheelie bin.rofl.gif

Posted

Pouring again now. Really has been an awful day with rain on and off throughout. I can see it raining for much of the night and won't be far away tomorrow either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Yup, raining in Ipswich for thelast hour or two. Quite warm though.

Posted

My Brother's going there. He'll be delighted!sorry.gif

One of my bezzie mates lives in Silverstone village, she normally does B&B but I expect she is fully booked by now smile.png

.Any room in your suit case, Fed up with the wheelie bin.rofl.gif

laugh.png

Posted

Yes, raining quite heavily here now.

Depressing driving home this evening, with cars all having their lights on, at what normally would be a time with a couple of hours of daylight left.sorry.gif

I've been saying that I think that we're almost bound to get a good spell before the end of summer. If this doesn't happen, I'll find it even more depressing. I wouldn't even mind if it we had a coolish but sunny break. Even last week, where we had a reasonable period here, there was always the anticipation that the good weather would only last a couple of days max, even if this then extended.sad.png

It feels like Autumn, which at the beginning of July is crazy. Maybe I should also avoid the model thread, as that is very depressing reading. I do take a slight comfort in that maybe all the models could be wrong, after a week or so in the future too.

Posted

One of my bezzie mates lives in Silverstone village, she normally does B&B but I expect she is fully booked by now smile.png

laugh.png

I'm just hoping he's not camping. He's a bit like me in his attitude to camping - i.e. fine, but only as a last resort.

Posted

Yup, raining in Ipswich for thelast hour or two. Quite warm though.

Are you in Ipswich, rather than Norwich, this week then?

Posted

I'm just hoping he's not camping. He's a bit like me in his attitude to camping - i.e. fine, but only as a last resort.

I'd rather sleep in my car than in a tent, camping just isn't for me (I did try it once) I like my mod cons and comforts too much !

There are plenty of decent places to stay near Silverstone but I expect most of them get booked up about a year in advance of race days (and probably charge double what they normally do too) hopefully your brother has something other than the campsite sorted good.gif