Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hail or snow in Leeds City Centre!

Very light, the equivalent of drizzle but some is definitely white!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

A lot weather action today! Real beefy showers all day with torrential rain and hail which left a good covering at one point, very blustery with gusts over 40mph making it feel baltic!! 7.4c max today, currently 5.6c and dry for the moment. I'm sure the fells are getting a nice layer built up now :)

Posted

Anyone venturing above about 500m tomorrow in the Cumbrian Fells will be greeted with a very good cover of snow, with drifting in some places. Tomorrow will be a cold day in the Lake District, freezing level around 650m more akin to the depths of winter. There is a good chance heavy showers may produce snowfalls down to quite low levels, say around 300m but unlikely to stick below 500m. I'm looking forward to seeing the 'tops' in their white coats, but I won't be venturing into them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Frequent hail showers here this morning and some pretty heavy ones leaving a slight covering, temp has fallen to 3.0c with hail bouncing off the roof atm. Very wintry feel this morning.

post-9615-0-59699900-1351933064_thumb.jp

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Brr cold morning, low -0.5c

Posted

A cold wintry morning here with heavy cold rain showers which are sleety in nature. Difficult to tell how low the snowline is, but there is definate evidence of wet snow having fallen down to 300m overnight. When the clouds lift later this morning I'm expecting a lovely 'white scene' over the fells. I suspect ground above 600m will be thickly covered in quite a covering of snow, making for very treacherous conditions underfoot as the snow will be very loose indeed.

Today will be a cold one, we might only just get up to 6 degrees, before temps quickly drop again by dusk with an early frost developing quickly. Its been quite a long time that November has started on such a note.

Posted

2.2c at 10:13am, but 4c at the airport. cold.gif

Posted

Recent showers have been very wintry nature with sleety rain and now wet snow. So today will go down as the first day with snow falling albeit exceptionally wet stuff, if uppers were slightly colder then we would be seeing snow settle, ground between 200 - 250m now has some snow cover.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

dry and cloudy here, has been dry all night. 7c, like another world here. a llow of 3.3c overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet showers again this morning with the temperature between 1.9c and 2.3c. Just missed an air frost with a min' of 0.5c.

Yesterday I was tentatively hopeful of some wet snow here on Sunday, indeed GFS continues to suggest this is possible, but the Met' Office seem to have the risk further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Some sleet in heavy showers but nothing sticking.

Don't know how low the snow line is in this part of the world but my view looks up tp moorland at 1500ft and that is green.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Dry and sunny now here for the last hour. Not a cat in hell's chance of anything wintery around here. we can't even seen to get any of the showers either!

Posted

Very cold this morning woke up to drizzle but now its dry and sunny.

Posted

Mostly dry here today, a few showers are filtering in now, but very light and no even remotely sleety. Still feels cold though.

Posted

A very chilly day for November - maximum of only 4 degrees, with wintry showers on and off all day. The snowline got down to 200m this morning with wet snow showers at 100m - evidence of the power of evaporative cooling, The fells are cloaked white - a very wintry scene. Tomorrow will be equally cold no doubt. We see many many many a milder weekend in January and February - this is a cold period of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Any reports of snow in the Stoke area? Stoke around 200m asl, my temp is 1.5C, missing me to the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Any reports of snow in the Stoke area? Stoke around 200m asl, my temp is 1.5C, missing me to the north

Don't know about Stoke but we had a short shower of sleet here around 2240, big wet flakes mixed in with the rain and a temp' of 1.6c.

Posted

Buxton had snow

Posted

Brr, -0.8c here, though there is still a breeze, meaning it would be much colder if the breeze had died down completely.

The roofs are white, looks like snow.

Posted

It's funny the air temp here only went down to +0.1C, but mud and grass is crisply frozen - so ground temp has been lower for longer than in the slight air frosts we had a week or two back.