Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Can anyone give me any hope for any action in this area this afternoon/ evening. We seem to be right on the edge of that covergence zone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Can anyone give me any hope for any action in this area this afternoon/ evening. We seem to be right on the edge of that covergence zone?

If you have a spare few hours, it might be worth heading down to somewhere like Stoke if you can. Think the main action will be just to the south of you.

Posted

will someone please turn off the 'drizzle' tap!......In a prime area today, latest GFS & hi-res output put a LLC slap bang over the north & west midlands, sitting there until the overnight period...Should any substantial cloud breaks occur I would expect the extra forcing to aid development of heavy showers and thunderstorms right across the Midlands into parts of East Anglia, and storms will appear almost stationary on radar as they back build along outflow boundaries...A weakly sheared enviroment so I personally wouldn't anticipate well organized thunderstorms, as updrafts will be readily swamped by descending rain/cooler although the odd stronger storm isn't out of the question......The main question is, is simply will the cloud break enough along the LLC zone to allow insolation to fire convection?....I have my doubts TBH

Your storm risk zone is too far south IMO

do you not think we are to far north aj?

Posted

valid from 13.07.2012 07:00 CET Until 14.07.2012 01:55 CET

Rain Awareness Level: Yellow

Many parts of central and southern England along with Wales will have further spells of rain today which will be heavy in places. The more persistent rain appears more likely across parts of central and eastern England and north Wales whilst across most of southern England and south Wales, local heavy thundery downpours are likely this afternoon and evening.

http://www.meteoalar...=UK&day=0〈=

post-6667-0-53289400-1342181147_thumb.pn

and here is that area closer up:

post-6667-0-71508500-1342181170_thumb.pn

Posted

If you have a spare few hours, it might be worth heading down to somewhere like Stoke if you can. Think the main action will be just to the south of you.

Yeah, thats what I feared. Haven't got the car today! North Staffs seems to be as far north as they have got this year, in terms of getting near to us.

Thanks Active Weather Dude :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

How about a mass gathering on the Cotswolds! Lol.

Sounds good. I'm sure we could gather a few starving people to go up there lol. Storm starved btw lol.

Edited by Thunder_Bolt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just watching Skynews and their news presenter just said there's a warning out for heavy Thunderstorms for central and East Anglia. I can't remember the last time a news presenter warning people of heavy thunderstorms. It's like being in America with their thunderstorm warnings. Lol

Still reeling from the shame of the forecasting cock up on the 28th June I suspect...(apologies if Sky did get it right...but virtually no major tv weather forecast nailed it that I saw, ever since everything is a thunderstorm or a torrential intense thunderstorm or the like.....)

Edited by Harry

Posted

Sounds good. I'm sure we could gather a few starving people to go up there lol. Storm starved btw lol.

If I wasn't working I would today, seems like I have to start chasing to see storms now, they ain't coming to me anymore.

Looking to my north now and I can see some decent Cb's starting to develop. Not a day to be on a ride at Alton Towers me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

It really does not seem like the day for T and L here, been grey and murkey, with light rain all morning... and its not clearing at all. Which direction will storms be coming in from today to this area... looks to me from the radar as it would be the south?

Posted

I'll stick my neck out here (hey, that makes a change!!) and say in order, West to East, as the day progresses, the main places to start from might be:

Worcester, Banbury, Milton Keynes, Saffron Walden, Ipswich. These surely must put you within 30 miles of some action to the North or South of those locations?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Cells really starting to get active south of bristol / SW now..

Sun is out here ( has been most ofthe day )

Cmon my son!

Posted

It really does not seem like the day for T and L here, been grey and murkey, with light rain all morning... and its not clearing at all. Which direction will storms be coming in from today to this area... looks to me from the radar as it would be the south?

Thats the way it looks on radar but currently our prevailing wind here seems to be from the east!

Posted

Cells really starting to get active south of bristol / SW now..

Sun is out here ( has been most ofthe day )

Cmon my son!

They will be the ones that are forecast to run from Somerset, into Wiltshire and into the London area.

Posted

Expected to wake up to a overcast sky this morning but as AWD has said the sun is out and clear skies

Yes I admit to being 100% wrong in my prediction of a dull, damp start!

However the outcome is the same with lines of showers running W-E across Somerset into Wiltshire/Dorset, the Northern line is

more active cell wise but no lightning detected yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Latest BBC forecast shows showers staying predominantly south of Birmingham. There's not much to be optimistic about when you live in the midlands and your a Walsall fan!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Blue skies and a temp rise.....the odd tower building to the north of me

cameras ready just in-caseunknw.gif

Edit; enough blue sky to make a sailor a pair of trousers ...anyway

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

BBC forecast now showing only drizzly rain for East Anglia, any storms look to be no further north than Essex. I'll get on with the cleaning and ironing then. Will be interesting to see what Look East's take on it is in a few minutes....

Posted

Latest BBC forecast shows showers staying predominantly south of Birmingham. There's not much to be optimistic about when you live in the midlands and your a Walsall fan!

Still seems good for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here is in a prime spot today. Satellite shows clearer skies approaching. Convergence Zone is over the South Midlands right now. biggrin.png

Looks to be over the North Midlands to me Luke, at least on radar, as areas of moderate PPN are still pushing northwards through the midlands with a visible clearance pushing in from the SW.....and overhead it's dead calm, indicitive of being right in the middle of the LLC (low level convergence) zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cape & lift seem to be developing quickly to the SW of us in C Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Cape & lift seem to be developing quickly to the SW of us in C Wales

Yep....I think you're in a good area AP, ok for me, but need the clearer air to lift northwards a bit yet.....My sweet spot location for today is roughly Worcester to Evesham to Stratford-Upon-Avon for catching a nice storm....A possible chase is in the offing

Edit...A nice discrete cell has fired to the west of Worcester drifting slowly northwards

Posted

Cloud is thinning here and a few patches of blue sky are visible. Good sign?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Dark skies here, the sun has been obscured for a while now. Pops out every now again though.