Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Can somebody tell me why the clouds are moving west when the rain is meant to be going eastwards??

Thats because the LP center over wales is 'sucking' the surface air into its circulation, a bit like water going down a plughole thus creates areas of converging air flow, and your position in relation to the LP center dictates the wind pattern...In our case winds are circulating counter-clockwise around the LP and (with a southerly/SEerly bias) and is meeting the current prevailent northerly air flow over much of the midlands is also being 'sucked' into the circulation causing the convergence, hence, low level winds and cloud formations are moving westwards.....PPN over wales is on the opposite side of the LP centre and wants to rotate counter-clockwise around the LP center whilst the entire LP centre moves slowly ESE.....Sounds a bit complex but it's quite easy to grasp...hope that helps!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Can somebody tell me why the clouds are moving west when the rain is meant to be going eastwards??

A conformation to me that the convergence line over the area is moving ever south wardssmile.png

EDIT; yep ....that aswell

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Anyone who has the netweather radar, zoom into just south of Coventry.... scroll the radar from 17:50 to the latest. That cell has rocketed into life! I think the radar may be looking very different by 8pm!

Posted

Lightening, very heavy rain, and the wind has come up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I gave up on anything here a long time ago mate, in fact, I never really believed in the first place.

Just sitting back and watching it all unfold, not going totally as the models had us believe at this hour of the day. Thought the Midlands might be in the action by now.

Fair doos dude! Maybe a trip to the Cotswolds would have been a complete waste of time then. lol. Good work on your little forecast you produced this AM or yesterday eve, can't remember now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Could get interesting here. That main band around Shropshire is moving Westwards but some of the showers such as the one near Stourbridge looks like beginning to move Eastwards with more developing cells just ESE of here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Think im going to be marginally too far north. Radar dont look great, skies are full of drizzly clouds. As expected, yawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Fair doos dude! Maybe a trip to the Cotswolds would have been a complete waste of time then. lol. Good work on your little forecast you produced this AM or yesterday eve, can't remember now.

I think that's gone boobs up now. Yesterday things looked a little further south than what they do now, hence why there was potential for our region. However, as we can now see, it's in Mid Wales and later possibly the Midlands. The Cotswolds could still see something tonight, although personally I think sferic activity will deminish soon and rain will be the main problem.

Shame the cells to the south weren't thundery earlier, at least some areas would of got something then.

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

absolute zilch here ,but still hoping for something much later .best of luck for you 100 miles to my north ,pretty sure it will make news . perhaps some thing will hit later or tomorrow morning when sun pops up . my guess for hot spots worcester birmingham nots ,cheers and HERE TOMORROW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Nothing here either as of yet, looks as is im a tad too far north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm losing the will to live, just a bit of drizzle here and nothing convective to speak of search.gif

Don't knock the drizzle, W&D...I'll be grateful for anything!biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

On BBC forecast he just said about the heavy rain already in Wales, and said it would quickly develop through the Midlands and into East Anglia....well there is certainly some activity starting to kick off in the midlands now, the shower that was nearly non existant south of Coventry less than hour ago is now getting some legs and pumping out good rainfall rates west of Northampton...could turn electrical soon by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

UKASF posted on Twitter about an hour ago:

Strong capping is preventing any deep convection from occurring - topographic forcing over Wales resulting in lightning there...

Strong capping is preventing any deep convection from occurring - topographic forcing over Wales resulting in lightning there...

— Convective Weather (@convectivewx)

July 13, 2012

Posted

Certainly some very heavy slow moving rain on the way. Could cause some nasty flooding.

Posted

Cells now starting up along the convergence line south of Cambridge...a clearly defined line....prepare yourselves for the radar to explode into action in the next hour (and I'm not ramping...run the radar yourself!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

its slowly creeping this way, but it might stall now and move away south east... frustrating.. the convective element of the storms has departed anyway for now... just the one strike on the Netweather radar and that from the storm reported over ludlow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Don't knock the drizzle, W&D...I'll be grateful for anything!biggrin.png

The noose is slung, I've had my last supper sorry.gif

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Having a really heavy shower here looks to be heading ENE and intensifying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

We have lift off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

We have lift off!

Yup nice line developing from roughly Coventry to Ipswich. Couple sferics...

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Having a really heavy shower here looks to be heading ENE and intensifying

Welcome aboard the madhouse jpro.

You will get a lot of useful discussion in here at times.

4.4mm thus far in Newbury but not expecting much more to be fair but you never know. Thunder nil but I struck lucky on Wednesday so shouldn't complain.

What's that over France and in the English Channel? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... doh.gif

gottolovethisweather