Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted

Certainly some very heavy slow moving rain on the way. Could cause some nasty flooding.

Yep. Storm has gone through here and now we are inundated with water rushing off the fields — 3rd time in 3 weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some high dewpoints down south at the moment. I'm currently sitting at 14.6c against an AT of 15.4c.

I wonder if this will assist the nocturnal activity.

Eyes to Wales, the Midlands and the Southwest approaches, I just don't know which way to look search.gifsearch.gifsearch.gif BUT I'm sure some events will rumble on to the early morning as forecast by the MetO. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Some high dewpoints down south at the moment. I'm currently sitting at 14.6c against an AT of 15.4c.

I wonder if this will assist the nocturnal activity.

Eyes to Wales, the Midlands and the Southwest approaches, I just don't know which way to look search.gifsearch.gifsearch.gif BUT I'm sure some events will rumble on to the early morning as forecast by the MetO. I'm still cautiously optimistic.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

If there was hardly any thunder around today with convective heating, then I highly doubt there will be any tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

That line from Birmingham to Cambridge is looking very impressive, but I would like to see it moving north a little quicker if I'm to see anything here.

Hope that rain over Wales and W Midlands doesn't cause any problems, looks like so high totals especially in parts of Wales. Thankfully no flood warnings anywhere in Wales at the moment though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

booo tsk tsk! poor form mother nature, poor form!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

And that sir....is a convergence line. I love the NetWeather radar overlays.

I hope you don't mind me posting this mods.....hopefully it will encourage more to buy it!

post-6387-0-79034000-1342204015_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I hope you don't mind me posting this mods.....hopefully it will encourage more to buy it!

That is so flipping cool! I may consider!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

If there was hardly any thunder around today with convective heating, then I highly doubt there will be any tonight.

Possibly so Ben but..... what parameters are out there tonight I wonder. I wouldn't pretend to know either way though I'm afraid.

I'm certainly in an area of non activity for now but something could still kick off according to the media forecasts etc.

Posted

What overlay is that using for the wind vectors etc.?

Also more importantly sb, is any of that heading my way. tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That line from Birmingham to Cambridge is looking very impressive, but I would like to see it moving north a little quicker if I'm to see anything here.

Hope that rain over Wales and W Midlands doesn't cause any problems, looks like so high totals especially in parts of Wales. Thankfully no flood warnings anywhere in Wales at the moment though.

I thought the CZ was forecast to push South rather than North?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I hope you're right, Harry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Yes just noticed that, I hadn't looked at any parameters, only radar, but I've just checked the high res NMM charts and it looks like a quiet night here :(

Hope others get some fun weather for the rest of the evening, without too much flooding.

Posted

Ben is right. Under the current setup thunderstorm activity is diurnally-driven- that is, storm initiation is reliant upon insolation. However with sfc low pressure over the country, further storm activity can't be ruled out. Unfortunately, though, the low level air mass isn't moist enough bring the threat of deep nocturnal convection.

Thanks weather09, I trust you're right but I hope you're wrong.

My latest cell interest (possibly my last) acute.gif is down over Glastonbury way at the moment as it should head into my neck of the woods come dusk.

Posted

Something brewing but nothing happening as yet feels heavy

Something brewing but nothing happening as yet feels heavy

heavy rain now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

looks like the cell to the SW appears to have a bit of a rotation to it ....on the radar loop

Posted

Back now, all was looking good over Welshpool about 6.45, puuled in layby, looking up the rotation was impressive, but not one lightening strike, but then when heading back to shrewsbury the heavens opened torrential rain, its now just hitting shrewsbury but no Thunder ,, oh well holiday tomorrow hopwfully catch something in Amroth, Nr Tenby

Posted

Back now, all was looking good over Welshpool about 6.45, puuled in layby, looking up the rotation was impressive, but not one lightening strike, but then when heading back to shrewsbury the heavens opened torrential rain, its now just hitting shrewsbury but no Thunder ,, oh well holiday tomorrow hopwfully catch something in Amroth, Nr Tenby

You should have come down to Ludlow! Amazing rain, like nothing on earth, thunder and lightening! Good luck in Tenby!

Are all the radar down? Everything seems stuck and there are no data past 8.00

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

You should have come down to Ludlow! Amazing rain, like nothing on earth, thunder and lightening! Good luck in Tenby!

Are all the radar down? Everything seems stuck and there are no data past 8.00

Yeah same, Raintoday is not going past 18:45

Posted

Just got caught in a rapidly developing monsoon, on a 5 min nip to the shop. Stair rods. No thunder though, quelle surprise.