Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted

Nothing doing in this part of mid wales, all the action is to the north or east of me: Welshpool, Newtown, Knighton should be getting a soaking if the radar is showing it right.

Posted

I shouldn't have used the word storms I know, may be electricly active showers would have been better. I might well come and join you in the NSC Cloud watcher, I know how you feel.

I shouldn't have used the word storms I know, may be electricly active showers would have been better. I might well come and join you in the NSC Cloud watcher, I know how you feel.

I am not a full member yet as I have had storms last year and beforebut I still pop in to get a feeling as I know I will end up in there if things carry on as I dont class a couple of distant rumbles and one flash in the corner of my eye 'a storm' so if nothing else happens before summer 2012 is out I will be well and truly inblum.gif

Posted

The northern part of the convergence line through mid Wales is just to the west of me. No rain here at the moment, just lots of low cloud covering the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well some cumulus and very large CBs have passed over my house since being home from work. Someone's gona get it!

Posted

grrr if shrewsbury get a storm im gonig to be annoye, i lived in shrewsubry all my life and not seen a storm in like 5years plus, and only inpast 1 year moved to ludlow so would be pretty nhappy f it al kicks off in shrews, come on ludlow u can do it smile.png

noooo were due a biggy, fingers crossed it should hit here in an hour or so please please, winds have picked up too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Heavy rain here currently but no thunder.

Posted

Showers developing in the West Midlands now. Is this going to extend further across the country, towards London?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looks like the cells within the line across Wales are moving north whilst the line edges slowly west. If the Midlands are going to get hit it will take a time to get there. My question would be, are the parameters there for these to stay electrified once daylight starts to fade?

Posted

Heavy rain here currently but no thunder.

Yes Ben no thunder at all in the torrential cells from that line that's lasted about 2 hours here, just over 20mm in my gauge from it though!

Posted

Just travelled from Ludlow to craven arms, saw lighting roads are like rivers a49 is flooded, really bad and still raining hard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Yes Ben no thunder at all in the torrential cells from that line that's lasted about 2 hours here, just over 20mm in my gauge from it though!

I seriously believe our bad luck is because we have done something in the past that has made God angry, and so now won't give us any thunder even if there are massive cumilonimbus clouds around.mad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

The cell that has just passed over Brum appear tp be coming back on itself

We must be right on a convergence line me thinks

Edit; looking at the rotation in the clouds it might be worth keeping an eye out for funnels

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The precipitation over Wales I feel will be the start of it all, I'm having a punt and guessing that the area in the two black lines will see activity increase because that's where the CZ lies at the moment.

post-15503-0-73655800-1342198481_thumb.j

Posted

Few more rumbles, and now big rain drops — 6 miles south of Ludlow — it all seems to be very slow moving.

Posted

The precipitation over Wales I feel will be the start of it all, I'm having a punt and guessing that the area in the two black lines will see activity increase because that's where the CZ lies at the moment.

Thanks for that. Think I'm gona stop hoping now and enjoy my beer. Have fun all!

EDIT: You know nothing is going to happen in Bristol when AW Dude ain't posting lol.

Edited by Thunder_Bolt

Posted

Can somebody tell me why the clouds are moving west when the rain is meant to be going eastwards??

Posted

The models may handle this well.

This is at 21:00 - http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Notice the precipitation over Wales, it is the same as the radar. Also notice the shower activity over the midlands, this is the start of widespread development.

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Precipitation increases and so does the showery (perhaps local thunderstorm) activity.

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

At the peak you can see a perfect line of torrential downpours across the Midlands. So the hope is there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi PS.....the LLC zone is still further north than you suggest...The dead centre is on a line Birmingham - Cambridge - Ipswich with a 25 mile swathe either side of that being the sweet spots for LLC fuelled showers/storms IMHO

Posted

Can somebody tell me why the clouds are moving west when the rain is meant to be going eastwards??

That is the convergence zone, upper winds will be going one direction and lower winds will be going another.

Posted

That is the convergence zone, upper winds will be going one direction and lower winds will be going another.

Ah right ok thanks. So that it why I can see lots of swirly looking clouds?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Thanks for that. Think I'm gona stop hoping now and enjoy my beer. Have fun all!

EDIT: You know nothing is going to happen in Bristol when AW Dude ain't posting lol.

I gave up on anything here a long time ago mate, in fact, I never really believed in the first place.

Just sitting back and watching it all unfold, not going totally as the models had us believe at this hour of the day. Thought the Midlands might be in the action by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Few more rumbles, and now big rain drops — 6 miles south of Ludlow — it all seems to be very slow moving.

Can you please update your profile to reflect your location more precisely. good.gif I'm not talking you're house number here. rofl.gif

Thankyou kindly.

gottolovethisweather

Just travelled from Ludlow to craven arms, saw lighting roads are like rivers a49 is flooded, really bad and still raining hard

You too please. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cooler air in my face now and a rotation in the wind directionnea.gif