Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 11th July 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looking good here, but you never know. lots of cells south west and south of here slowing heading this way... could we be heading for our first storm of the year??

COME ON!

Have you forgotten your signature? Shrewsbury Thunderstorms 2012 (1)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The showers/storms are over Mid west wales are circulating around the southern/eastern flank of a surface low pressure hence the erratic NE to North movement seen on radar...The model outputs show the LP sinking slowly ESE during the next 24 hours and filling as it does losing its identity by this time tomorrow as it exits the SE corner of the UK..So, I would expect this area of showers/storms to sink ESE whilst continuing to wrap around the LP center

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Your as likely to get something as we are to be honest... would like to see a bit more eastern movements in then storms ATM...

Posted

Very heavy rain here already! Nothing is on the radar either. If this is what is to come later there is coin to be a lot of rain!

Edited by Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Have you forgotten your signature? Shrewsbury Thunderstorms 2012 (1)

LOL

Fair enough, but That was me being over optamisitic... a very distant flash and 2 rumbles from the MCS a few weeks back which swerved us... Better than nothing!

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Very active over Wales now, meanwhile, th showers that developed to the west of London look as if they never really came to much and are now disapating. I would have thought we would have seen any decent shower activity (as warned by the amber alert from the MO) would have developed by now.....am I wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

i hope that stuff in wales hits wrexham! feel so sorry for carl there, its looking good for him! and what are the clarrifications for an MCS, because i have noticed a couple of smaller cells seem to of been merging with it....

Behave! It would spoil what has been a great impersonation of a November day. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

There aren't any sferics in the stuf over Wales anyway now so what's the fuss about? Hope I'm wrong though, although it will miss me anyway wont it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

Very active over Wales now, meanwhile, th showers that developed to the west of London look as if they never really came to much and are now disapating. I would have thought we would have seen any decent shower activity (as warned by the amber alert from the MO) would have developed by now.....am I wrong?

Certainly the BBC forecast at lunchtime had cells having already broken out in a line from, say, mid-Wales through the Home Counties etc by 16:00 - so already seems quite "behind schedule". Can't help that pessimism creeping in, but I have to say, plenty of TCu around now... Time will tell!

Posted

I wonder if these storms in Wales can get to Derby as I will be there this evening?

Posted

This is really something rain wise! Now under a core with well over 60mm per hour rate with plenty more to come.

Funny that on Wednesday there was a line to the South and a line to the North which were both thundery yet today's line coming straight

overhead is just torrential rain!

Won't check my gauge until it stops but it must be around 20mm in just over an hour.

Posted

There aren't any sferics in the stuf over Wales anyway now so what's the fuss about? Hope I'm wrong though, although it will miss me anyway wont it?

No sferics, looks like loads to me across Mid Wales!

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Raining here now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

This is really something rain wise! Now under a core with well over 60mm per hour rate with plenty more to come.

Funny that on Wednesday there was a line to the South and a line to the North which were both thundery yet today's line coming straight

overhead is just torrential rain!

Won't check my gauge until it stops but it must be around 20mm in just over an hour.

that's just passing to my south, we had very heavy burst around 3pm but nothing else.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Eh????

Think there are plenty there actually!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

There are no storms in wales, just showers. Well maybe the odd sferic here and their. It's raining heavy here now though.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Thought that we were going to get a direct hit at least from rain, if not thunder, from the line that Andy Bown and fromey mention....nothing, only enough rain to dampen the ground. Doesn't seem to be anything coming up behind it either. Still, we need a bit of a break from heavy rain here in Dorset!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

There are no storms in wales, just showers. Well maybe the odd sferic here and their. It's raining heavy here now though.

You've got heavy rain! We haven't even got that! (slinking off to the NSC if you want to join me and drown our sorrows............AGAIN!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Whether by definition its a storm is irrelevant as areas due southwest of Welshpool are currently experiencing dozens of deadly lightning bolts. That is in accordance with the latest radar images.

Oddly though perhaps elsewhere at this stage is pretty poor indeed for T&L but clearly not the associated flash flooding.

Time is passing slowly by but there is still hope. I am soon under the non-thundery squally backbuilding line down central southern parts.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Latest radar shows some seriously heavy rain developing. Sun has come out now with blue skies.

Edited by Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Just started to rain on the estuary. Sky has that sexy dark grey look....

Posted

There are a few sferics, but only about one every minute at best. I'm just using the radio which I find to be more accurate than anything elce. I might not be picking them all up though but I should be as it has a range of over 100 miles. Sorry to confuse everyone, just saying what I see to be happening.

Posted

I shouldn't have used the word storms I know, may be electricly active showers would have been better. I might well come and join you in the NSC Cloud watcher, I know how you feel.