Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Indeed it can but there is no sign of any spectacular autumn weather so the interest is minimal for most I assume.

Nonetheless, I have been busy with my camera recently snapping images of autumn. Yesterday was truly fine with a damp ground, golden leaves on the floor and sunny skies above.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

I feel sorry for the autumn season, it gets overlooked by prospects of the winter season, just look at how many winter prospects threads there have been so far!

Autumn can produce some spectacular weather, you know!

it can, but we almost need the cold so we can get the crisp leaves on the ground with spider Webs sparkling in the trees.

drove to taunton the other evening and seeing the mist rising from the fields was gorgeous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Once again autumn seems to deliver the bulk of the decent weather. Sure its been wet at times but its also been extremely sunny and, at least round here, most rain has fallen at night.

If we could take the weather from this month and drop it into June (coupled with the appropriate scaled temperature increase) I'd be very happy.

Next week a brief warm spell coming too to top it off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Spare a thought for those in the South West.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19987355

Constant flooding issues and weather warnings have been apparent down there for the last few months.

However, for my location and many other areas, it's been rather benign for a while now. A lot of sunshine, but when it's rained, it's rained a lot keeping both sunshine & rainfall amounts very healthy.

Posted

An October date minimum record may have been broken last night. The 9th October minimum record is -3.3C. Tulloch Bridge recorded around -5.0C, so we wait for the Met Office.

Philip Eden says Cromdale in Morayshire recorded -5.4C, so that looks like the record at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I love trees, and I love autumn but why is it that every leaf that falls off every tree round here no matter what direction the wind is in seem to accumulate by my front door nonono.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

I feel sorry for the autumn season, it gets overlooked by prospects of the winter season, just look at how many winter prospects threads there have been so far!

Autumn can produce some spectacular weather, you know!

I know, it's a real shame. There is so much potential variety with Autumn, 20C above and occasionally below 0 can occur in Autumn. Frost, snow, sunshine, warmth, high winds, rain, etc. And the colours are stunning, either When glazed in frost or looking golden under sunshine.

I have to agree with Aaron, I think the lack of exciting weather is the problem at the moment, no Autumn storms!

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Mild and dry start to next week

High pressure over Scandinavia could bring warm air from the continent to the United Kingdom early next week, giving us mild and dry weather.

The south east could even see 20C if conditions are right and the sun emerges from behind the clouds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/19994371

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Its been a beautiful autumn here so far, some wonderful colours, heavy rain and flooding, strong winds at times, frosty mornings and plenty of fog. A good mixture of weather all setting us up for my favorite season that is winter. Ready for some milder settled days early next week and then hoping for a return to cooler and frosty and we head towards November.

Posted

The next couple of weeks could deliver a wonderful parade of autumn colours. The projected mild settled spell followed by a possible colder spell with no atlantic storms is just what is needed for optimum autumn colour foilage. The wet summer has produced a large volume of leaves, and recent drier conditions has boosted sugar levels, the warmer the weather becomes now the better for producing increased levels of sugar which is what is needed in order to enhance the intensity of colours. You then need a colder period with frost to bring striking colours. So I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks, the last week of October and first weekend of November is usually the peak time for autumn colour.

Posted

The colour here is really coming along. This morning I looked outside of my bedroom window and saw the sun shining on the distant woodland and it looked amazing, shame my camera batteries have died and I keep on forgetting to get some..

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The latest snowfall accumlation maps show some significant increases over the next week

Last 7 Days up-to and including today

europesnowlast7days.cc23.jpg

Next 3 to 6 days from today

europesnownext3to6days.cc23.jpg

Posted

The latest snowfall accumlation maps show some significant increases over the next week

Last 7 Days up-to and including today

europesnowlast7days.cc23.jpg

Next 3 to 6 days from today

europesnownext3to6days.cc23.jpg

If this projected cold spell materialises I expect some decent increases over Scandinavia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Its dark, damp and drizzly, but somehow the thick fog covering my area this evening makes everything seem surreal with it being so still outside. :)

Posted

Day 1 of this interesting week, seems like the maximum temperature today was 18.5C at Langdon Bay. I wonder what sort of temperatures we'll get for the lowest daily maximum temperature later this week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

This has to be my least favourite type of weather, alongside continious rain. Anticyclonic gloom just makes me feel so meh. Its dank, dreery and depressing, so I'm looking forward to a change at the end of the week.

Posted

I think this dank weather is quite atmospheric.

It's mysterious and very Autumnal and if my memory serves me well, it's always the sort of weather one seems to get just before a notable cold spell :D

Posted

Missing the Atlantic Storms we used to get. This is a very quiet Autumn in terms of stormy depressions hitting the UK.

Posted

It's mysterious and very Autumnal and if my memory serves me well, it's always the sort of weather one seems to get just before a notable cold spell biggrin.png

Agreed!

Posted

It's mysterious and very Autumnal....

Ye it's wonderful and suits my naturally melancholic disposition! I love the progression of the days and how the weather seems to be exerting a grip, watching nature utter a weak sigh before going to sleep for winter. Occasionally and without warning I'll get a fleeting image in my mind of an impossibly bright,warm June morning and recoil in horror,snapping myself firmly back into the here and now and the wonder of the season. Summer and its attendant horrors seem a million years ago now. How I wish I could freeze the next three months in time...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Ye it's wonderful and suits my naturally melancholic disposition! I love the progression of the days and how the weather seems to be exerting a grip, watching nature utter a weak sigh before going to sleep for winter. Occasionally and without warning I'll get a fleeting image in my mind of an impossibly bright,warm June morning and recoil in horror,snapping myself firmly back into the here and now and the wonder of the season. Summer and its attendant horrors seem a million years ago now. How I wish I could freeze the next three months in time...

I think after reading a lot of your posts, that our weather preferences suit our personalities biggrin.png

I enjoy the different seasons for different reasons. Fortunately the weather doesn't follow your preferences otherwise we would lose a lot of wildlife and the crops would fail. After a cool, crisp winter, i shall be looking forward to a warm dry spring and summer with hopefully the insect numbers recovering after a very poor year for them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Leaves are finally starting to fall in large numbers now which is brilliant, and much earlier than last year. The oak tree in front of my house last year still had plenty of green leaves in December!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

I think after reading a lot of your posts, that our weather preferences suit our personalities biggrin.png

I enjoy the different seasons for different reasons. Fortunately the weather doesn't follow your preferences otherwise we would lose a lot of wildlife and the crops would fail. After a cool, crisp winter, i shall be looking forward to a warm dry spring and summer with hopefully the insect numbers recovering after a very poor year for them.

and slug numbers dwindling following a very good year, and the declaration of war upon the spanish slug.

Edited by fUnKy