Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

and slug numbers dwindling following a very good year, and the declaration of war upon the spanish slug.

I certainly wouldn't cry if the slug numbers dropped rapidly!

Posted

Leaves are finally starting to fall in large numbers now which is brilliant, and much earlier than last year. The oak tree in front of my house last year still had plenty of green leaves in December!

Indeed I've noticed this quite a bit over the last few days. It's seems too early almost although that probably has something to with last Autumn's benign mild conditions which put a hold on things somewhat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I certainly wouldn't cry if the slug numbers dropped rapidly!

Me too - been vast quantities of them this year with the endless rain in summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Me too - been vast quantities of them this year with the endless rain in summer!

it's those big mo fo Spanish ones.. they need sorting out.. a cold cold winter should check them a bit.

it's those big mo fo Spanish ones.. they need sorting out.. a cold cold winter should check them a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Leaves are all starting to fall here now to. Some lovely deep vivid colours - planning to go to Westonbirt Arboretum tomorrow which as usual at the peak stage of this in Autumn, looks fantastic.

Im not really sure if they are all falling earlier this year or not. Perhaps? Last year I did notice the grass continued to grow at a pretty fast rate all the way up to Christmas.

And yes....down with the slugs. I accidentally stood and popped endless amounts of the things during my late night walks home from the pub during the late Summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Leaves are all starting to fall here now to. Some lovely deep vivid colours - planning to go to Westonbirt Arboretum tomorrow which as usual at the peak stage of this in Autumn, looks fantastic.

Im not really sure if they are all falling earlier this year or not. Perhaps? Last year I did notice the grass continued to grow at a pretty fast rate all the way up to Christmas.

And yes....down with the slugs. I accidentally stood and popped endless amounts of the things during my late night walks home from the pub during the late Summer.

you sir are a hero of the fight! Keep up the good work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Some Autumnal snow in Scotland:

http://m.lecht.co.uk/zooms.php

Posted

Over here in the Netherlands there is some snow in the north of the country. Very early days! Furtheron, Twenthe achieved -5.0c, 3rd place of coldest october minimum temperatures. This is a station near the German border.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Plenty of snow around for parts of Europe during the coming week

europesnownext3days.cc23.jpg

Note the small Green blob over Scotland on the below chart

europesnownext3to6days.cc23.jpg

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Well I don't know about everyone else, but my focus is on next week (and has been for a few days).

ALL PARTS of the UK look set to see some very windy and wet conditions, GFS has picked up on a nasty little Low pressure system effecting the South on 2nd November , that's my focus on this coming week, there is the potential for some extremely windy weather from Wednesday through until next weekend !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

First snow in Moscow apparently ( My mate lives there.. )

post-182-0-42010500-1351420202_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A blog from Matt Hugo looking through the final month of Autumn;

http://matthugo.wordpress.com/2012/10/31/november-2012-thoughts-analysis/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

http://matthugo.word...ughts-analysis/

Thanks for the link. Very interesting read. Looking back at his October thoughts in late Septemeber, I feel what we've had this month was actually close to what he was expecting. If November turns out to be similar, it could be an interesting month ahead to end Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, lots of it.

http://matthugo.word...ughts-analysis/

Thanks for this AWD. Matt's thoughts for November seem to mirror the ECM 32 day forecast, a month of two halves? He also mentioned over on the Strat thread that the synoptics showing in the ECM 32 day forecast for the second half of November are similar to Nov 10. Very interesting to see if this will be correct.

Posted

Here's my November month ahead forecast video:

http://gavsweathervids.com/

Looking like another colder than average month

Also has a sneak peak at December.

The CFS 2 is cold lovers nightmare for December, hopefully nowhere near as bad as last winter. Has it been showing a consistent signal for December over the last few months Gavin?

Posted

We're definitely into the back-end of the leaf-fall now. Drove right across the top of the Cotswolds yesterday, and the trees are just about hanging onto very dull, mud brown coloured leaves. The reds & oranges have gone, and with a good storm this weekend, we'll be looking at bare trunks again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

That is surprising, the trees mostly have leaves here. A few are still green, even. Most are yellow and orange with a few reds mixed in.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

The leaves are half gone here.Willow is begining to shrivel ,always last one to drop leaves form the trees I see out of window...The rowan is bare....

Posted

I got back from East Africa at the end of last weekend so missed the rather cold snap, but i have to say i have been pleasently surprised with autumn so far in the respect that it is actually autumnal with cool temperatures and lots of rain interspersed with short dry spells, a million miles better than the relative warmth and dryness of last autumn, long may it continue ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Trees are pretty bare round here now - definitely on the final 1/3 of it with plenty still falling but running out fast. 5 months of bare trees ahead...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Trees are pretty bare round here now - definitely on the final 1/3 of it with plenty still falling but running out fast. 5 months of bare trees ahead...

Here too. In fact the Ash trees, easily the most common tree in these parts, lost their leaves about 2-3 weeks earlier than normal.

I found this a bit surprising as there have been no early air frosts, no gales and certainly no drought.