Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

With reference to Lorenzo"s post above it has certainly turned cooler today 4c first thing and currently 8c with some sharp showers falling from wintry looking cloud coming in on a NE wind off the Firth. A reminder that winter is getting closer.Trees begining to look very colourful and will probably get better if we get a couple of air frosts this week. Currently -0.3c on the summit of Cairngorm.

A very wintry sunset and currently 4c A couple of photos below about one and half hours before sunset showing the showers out over the Firth to the NE.post-2744-0-50134100-1350242046_thumb.jppost-2744-0-56091700-1350241765_thumb.jp

Cows and calves you see were just about to be shifted to a south facing field with stone dykes (walls) and some trees to give them a cosier place to be tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Jings, the model discussion thread ain't half tetchy the last few days! Interesting that it is all between the big guys as well Still, sanctuary in here tho'.

Not very nice today - very showery and a tad breezy and on the cool side. Currently 5.1oC.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

A very wintry sunset and currently 4c A couple of photos below about one and half hours before sunset showing the showers out over the Firth to the NE.post-2744-0-50134100-1350242046_thumb.jppost-2744-0-56091700-1350241765_thumb.jp

Cows and calves you see were just about to be shifted to a south facing field with stone dykes (walls) and some trees to give them a cosier place to be tonight.

Aye, saw this coming sky coming in over the Dava earlier. Very chilly here in Forres, and going to be Baltic on the course the morn. Currently 5C with scattered clouds.

Posted

First wintry feeling and looking morning here today. Currently 2c with sleety/hail showers coming in off the Firth

Ben Wyvis is wearing its winter coat this morning down to the bottom of the mountain with a general snow level of about 1200 to 1500 feet in the area.Great contrast between golden leaves on the trees and white snow on the hills.

Posted

Still a little bit foggy outside (Now it feels like autumn to me with fog lingering past 10 in the morning)

Posted

Very foggy here this morning, was 1c when I was doing the school run this morning and frosty. Can't see the hills much yet, it's still lingering. It will be a lovely day when it clears though, better make the most of it before the rain starts tomorrow. After all, can't let my swimming pool, sorry back garden, water level go down!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ahoy me hearties... Back from warmer climes last night; snow on hills this morning, enough to scupper my 1st day's work so that gets both a wallbash.gif and a smile.png .

Our rain gauge not quite overflowing so just under 2" in the last few days here.

(Was in a t-shirt in London 3 days ago...wacko.png )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

7C with some cloud around. Min was 0.8C. A light NW breeze.

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Lovely bright sunny day at 7.1oC feels like 5.0C after an oernight low of 1.7oC with a slight touch of frost early morning. Looks like a wet morning tomorrow but drier in the afternoon. Hopefully we might see a dusting on the hilltops around here tomorrow first thing.

HC: Hope you enjoyed your break. Amazing the difference a few hundred miles can make! I always find it very noticeable either summer or winter when I return from that neck of the woods!

Posted

Don't know if this will work but a good dumping of Snow in the Cairngorms last night.

LINK

It did. Looks so good! Getting a bit chilly now as darkness gets ready to descend

Posted

It did. Looks so good! Getting a bit chilly now as darkness gets ready to descend

Bloody cold round of golf here in Forres. 5c for most of the afternoon.

Sister up at Glenmore and took this earlier.

580805_4484781685317_6398440_n.jpg

Posted

Cold night already, fully expecting an air frost overnight. Although I've had ground frosts in October here, I've never recorded an air frost in October since I started keeping records in 2009. Lowest was 0.1C.

Posted

If it weren't for the incoming cloud cover from the front, I would think that tonight would have been the coldest of the season so far. Currently 3C, it may drop a little more but cloud cover may prevent another air frost. But I can't complain really considering how few frosts there were this time a year ago.

Sunset looking towards the Black Isle.

552308_10151290981420829_1033746657_n.jpg

The snow clouds

224478_10151290982485829_1700346436_n.jpg

Fantastic skies up there cheggers, is that the beach at Findhorn or Lossiemouth?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Shot from the Marina at Findhorn, thought I would go and wave to HC. rofl.gif

<waves back, insouciantly> [pedantic, moi?]

Can't get your photos to show, Chegs, could be just me?

Shall try my hill again in the morning and hope the white stuff stays at a scenic distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

We've had a few chilly nights recently, but this is certainly that first wintry night of the season:

- 2'C, thick freezing fog. Winter has arrived! Woop! good.gif