Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

Well I hope not... I want a view from my hill (not in the MR James sense, mind).

PPN passed by, drily. NS, your altitude is combien?

I'm somewhere between 1000 - 1100ft here HC

Much warmer this morning compared to yesterday, currently sitting around 1.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Quite a few members going for something chilly as we get into November. Op and Control not quite going for it right now though. Lots of uncertainty however.

Does look like remaining cool with hill snow a times before a very short milder blip.

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Edited by scottish skier

I think it's sleeting here also after an early frost. It's the first night of the season I've got the train home after work and the car's been frozen before 6pm. Can't wait for the first heavy snow's biggrin.png (Assuming they happen of course)

BBC weather mentioned snow down to quite low levels across Scotland tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pentlands with their first dusting of snow in the morning smile.png

Hi Ross, how's tricks? I wonder who will be the next member to make the move from being a westie to an eastie?

Anyway, I'm surprised the Pentlands didn't catch at least one of the snow showers last week, it must have been a near miss if they didn't.

Posted

Hi Robbie, yeah I noticed that you followed me over to the east! ;) things are good, you enjoying living here? I certainly get more snow here than killie does which is a plus! I've got a view of the pentlands from the flat window and I haven't seen any snow yet, forgot to look in my rush out the door this morning....

Hi Robbie, yeah I noticed that you followed me over to the east! tease.gif things are good, you enjoying living here? I certainly get more snow here than killie does which is a plus! I've got a view of the pentlands from the flat window and I haven't seen any snow yet, forgot to look in my rush out the door this morning....

Everywhere gets more snow than Killie, you used to have a pig of a time down there :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Traffic cameras show some snow lying this morning at Glenogle, Drummochter and Kingussie. The rain was heavy here last night so I expect the higher hills got a dump. Here more showers just coming in. Temps rose a bit overnight so now 4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

4.8oC and raining here this morning. Haven.t had any sleet or snow showers in this area yet. Had a look at the latest runs and rinse and repeat comes to mind! Still, lots to keep the interest going compared to this time last year.

Posted

Traffic cameras show some snow lying this morning at Glenogle, Drummochter and Kingussie. The rain was heavy here last night so I expect the higher hills got a dump. Here more showers just coming in. Temps rose a bit overnight so now 4C.

Cairngorm etc looking increasingly white.

ssc.jpeg

nevis-range.jpg

Cairngorm etc looking increasingly white.

A good early base would be helpful for the ski resorts, I haven't been skiing for years but you never know. A wee trip to Aviemore in January or February sounds like a plan :good:

Cold and wet morning, snow caps on the Ochils. Currently 5C

There should be some more snow with elevation tomorrow, elsewhere some lovely cold November rain. Someone should write a song about that...

Some interesting weather for the west tomorrow showing on the NMM, I do love NW Extra :lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

There should be some more snow with elevation tomorrow, elsewhere some lovely cold November rain. Someone should write a song about that...

12110312_0206.gif

12110318_0206.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

How's this for a good early base, courtesy of Sandy?blink.png

You didn't hear too much about the snowfall in West Virginia as everything concentrated around the New York and New Jersey areas. Around 300,000 without electricity apparently. They now seem to be worried about flooding as temps to rise to 60oF next week.post-1989-0-53323100-1351860336_thumb.jp

You didn't hear too much about the snowfall in West Virginia as everything concentrated around the New York and New Jersey areas. Around 300,000 without electricity apparently. They now seem to be worried about flooding as temps to rise to 60oF next week.post-1989-0-53323100-1351860336_thumb.jp

Gobsmacked!! I've only ever seen snowdrifts like that once in person.

Posted

Pah. Depth on the picnic bench is nothing. That's the real test o snaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Nah, have dug through 3m drifts before now. Snow was so deep you needed giraffes to show the scale

Posted

Temperature rose to 8C in the early hours before dropping a bit then rising again in the afternoon. There was a particulary heavy shower here at 10am but thereafter it's been another nice, generally clear November evening with a few clouds and nice colours and tones of blue in the dusk sky. The temperature has also dropped to aroun 4C so another cold evening, depending on whether more showers come through hopefully there'll be another frost visible on the surfaces here aswell as an other air frost at Glasgow Airport this season. So far there has been 11 air frosts this season at Glasgow Airport compared to just the 4 days with minima at or below freezing last autumn with 55 days with an air frost from October 2011 to May 2012.

The NMM is showing a band of sleet across the south of Scotland in the morning, could be interesting. Still some uncertainty about tomorrow's precip as the NMM looks a bit different from earlier, should be an interesting day :good:

Posted

The NMM is showing a band of sleet across the south of Scotland in the morning, could be interesting. Still some uncertainty about tomorrow's precip as the NMM looks a bit different from earlier, should be an interesting day good.gif

I noticed the organised band of showers moving west to east across Scotland in the forecast for tomorrow morning.

ukprec.png

Snow charts showing potential but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

uksnowrisk.png

I'd say that the hills may see some snow, possibly some sleet to lower levels for a time. Would be surprised to see something wintry here but a lucky few on here could potential see something. Here's hoping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Morning Kilters!

I woke up this morning to find a light dusting of....snaw! On the car roof, shed etc. This was unexpected and I'm not sure when it fell - maybe edodfc may be more enlightened? Anyone else?

Posted

Morning Kilters!

I woke up this morning to find a light dusting of....snaw! On the car roof, shed etc. This was unexpected and I'm not sure when it fell - maybe edodfc may be more enlightened? Anyone else?

Quite a few of the higher borders traffic cams showing a wee dusting of snaw.

0.5 C here at the mo - remains of a frost lingering. layer of ice/frozen rain on stuff too.

Got me a wee w18.gifsymbol for the morn and the early hours of tomorrow from the metO.

Beattock M74:

post-9421-0-96201000-1351931492_thumb.jp

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Great sunny start to the day here currently 0c but must have been lower as ground frozen. Wintry looking showers to the west and hills round Firth snow capped.See on the model thread summer is coming in a weeks time and we are due a warm up,probably change by this evening!

Saw 6 combines working yesterday in the area mopping up the last of the late sown crops, one of the latest harvests ever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Nice and frosty start here today, cold polar air doing the trick.

Here's a good look for this Winter..

post-7292-0-14097200-1351934149_thumb.jp

Quite a few of the higher borders traffic cams showing a wee dusting of snaw.

0.5 C here at the mo - remains of a frost lingering. layer of ice/frozen rain on stuff too.

Got me a wee w18.gifsymbol for the morn and the early hours of tomorrow from the metO.

Beattock M74:

That big sleet shower should be with you soon :)