Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

That US storm is something else... hurricane-force winds, ie over 100mph, for a distance of 175m radius of the eye... that's... I mean... strewth!!!

Edit: that'll teach me to add any kind of effort at knowledge blum.gif

Hurricane = over 74mph...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/whitneyjefferson/the-most-terrifying-hurricane-sandy-gif-youll-see?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=buzzfeed&fb_source=message shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Posted

Came home from work on Friday to find that our internet was down and so had no access to the kilted until todaymad.gif though for once i'm kinda happy the northerly wasn't a beast as it would have been even more frustrating not being able to update and watch what was going on! Turned out pretty tame here really, had a passing sprinkle of a rogue snow shower frosted to the car from thurs night when I woke on Friday, then some meaty showers throughout the day leaving everything white by late afternoon, obviously some low temps too, but nothing to really write home about. Have had much worse from October. Anyway, was lovely to have TEN pages of the thread to catch up on after only missing a weekend smile.png great work as usual folks, some cracking pics, as others have said it's such a wonderful place to get an insight on the weather, the roads ....... the Badger shag#ing.

Hurricane Sandy is pretty incredible, the winds, the surge, the rain, the snowshok.gif Let's just hope that it does'nt take or destroy too many lives

(oh and maybe that it blows Romney and his team down in to Mexicodiablo.giftease.gif )

Posted

Did anyone else see the red shaft of light coming up from the sun at sunset tonight? I expected to see the Thundercats symbol at the top of it. The moon at moonrise was amazing too, was driving at the time so never really got a chance for photos.

A sun pillar Catch?

bit.ly/Sa3UkK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

A quick check of the temps overnight, feeling chilly this morning.

Found this on the French site infoclimat

post-7292-0-98759200-1351582638_thumb.pn

Don't tell that end of the world numpty from the other day.. He will be on about Aliens landing in Oban.. !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Please move back to Kilma Catch, who's gong to update me of fast approaching fronts from the west now :( !!

That should be a major factor in your decision for moving back rofl.gif

Posted

http://newsthump.com/2012/10/30/romney-blames-defenceless-oil-rich-state-of-scotland-for-hurricane-sandy-outrage/

Romney blames defenceless, oil-rich state of Scotland for Hurricane Sandy outrage

‘brogue nation’

laugh.png

EDIT. Thanks cheggers - fixed.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cold wet cr@p day here too. Following Cheggers' lead, I drove through it nearly all day, with one 30 min stop to do some work - except I went north, not south. Some recent snow showing on the hills, just showing below cloudbases.

http://newsthump.com...-sandy-outrage/

Romney blames defenceless, oil-rich state of Scotland for Hurricane Sandy outrage

‘brogue nation’

laugh.png

EDIT. Thanks cheggers - fixed.

Sadly, too close to the truth for comfort.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Interesting looking programme on bbc2 at 9pm or 169 HD for those with SKY.... Operation Iceberg

Posted

Interesting looking programme on bbc2 at 9pm or 169 HD for those with SKY.... Operation Iceberg

You mean turn off "Don't Tell the Bride" my life would not be worth living!!rofl.gif

Wind really pepping up now, with squally showers. Not pleasant outside at all, although the cat loves this weather... I think it masks here approach as the rodent count seems to increase in bad weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

A quick check of the temps overnight, feeling chilly this morning.

Found this on the French site infoclimat

post-7292-0-98759200-1351582638_thumb.pn

Don't tell that end of the world numpty from the other day.. He will be on about Aliens landing in Oban.. !

That's quite clearly a sub zero alien mothership. Don't even try and cover it up with your reverse psychology.

And after 6 years on Netweather there's my 1,000th post yahoo.gif

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

It's blowing a hoolie here in Fife, a mere draft in comparison to the eastern US. Thought I'd bite the bullet and share my opinion in this safe and sane haven - I wish other threads were as calm and coothie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Happy Halloween diablo.gif to the Kilted Thread!

Damp and grey again this morning, which I think it will stay like all day. Got a bit het up on the threads again yesterday when I dared take a gander. Always seems to happen when there is no sign of impending snowmageddon on the charts and many seem to become tetchy. After the 7th there is quite a spread on the ensembles - so many cards on the table for all sorts I would say.

Posted

Groundhog day.

Went to bed last night with 7 C and pish. This morning it's 7 C and pish.

At least the ensembles suggest something might happen. Anything would be nice...

t850Midlothian.png

Vive la control!

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Groundhog day.

Went to bed last night with 7 C and pish. This morning it's 7 C and pish.

On the plus side, if you're passing Embra later on, I'm baking soul-cakes... :)

Here, it's... um... 7 C and pish, really... :p

Posted

Getting cooler every morning this week currently 5c and sunny with blue skies. Looks as though we have similar weather for the next 3 or 4 days.allowing ploughing and dung spreading to continue. Cows and calves outside will benefit too. Cow calved yesterday inside yesterday after taking in with milk fever(low blood calcium due to milk initiation) and took a real dislike to young Mr.Northernlights who used the escape gap in the calving pen for the first time much to his and my relief. Got calf tagged later when she calmed down.