Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

Amazingly beautiful autumn day with trees at their colourful best, sunny , flat calm and a maximum of 5c. Took some older calves into wean in the afternoon. On course this week to finish winter ploughing and get new fence erected. One or two folk thought it was a bit early to start ploughing/spreading dung around the 20th October so we were finished by mid November but with a few cooler trends appearing in F1 in the model thread maybe it was a good idea. Currently 1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just recently installed a new weather station along with the Cumulus software smile.pngpost-2117-0-48853100-1352056023_thumb.jp

Edited by joko

Posted

Temperature now dropped to 1C and it's a fantastic calm and clear November evening. The temperature dropped quite sharply once skies cleared earlier in the evening and if all goes to plan then the tonight shoud be close to the coldest of the season so far (-3C).

Interesting output from the models this evening too with high pressure over Scandinavia. Not much in the way of a cold pool to tap into but it's a intruiging synoptic situation for later on this month and should make things a lot more interesting later in the month compared to last year. A Scandi high later this month would make a great start but I pray that we don't have the same frustration that we had back in February.

Talking about weather stations, we're going to look at a house tomorrow and the two biggest things which are attracting me are being finally able to have a weather station as the garden is big enough and the fact that the house is relatively high up. Mrs Catch was looking at the house on Google Earth, all I wanted to see was the altitude. 700ft isn't that much but it will make a difference from the current 100ft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Catch- Get the house !!!

SS - just noticed your edit and travel plans - simply put, that is insane..

Posted

SS, don't envy you at the end of the week, but nice itinerary.

Turned out to be a very nice day, had to scrape the car before setting off for fireworks display at Broadwood.

Had a productive morning on the WeatherTool, so going to dive in again and may have a release ready for tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

As an aside; next week will be one of interesting contrasts weather-wise for me. Off to Saudi Arabia via Bahrain for 2 nights, then back to Scotland for one before nipping over to Norway for a night. Obviously, with work as no sane person would plan this specific itinerary as a holiday.

Good grief SS! What will you pack - swim shorts or snow shoes? I know! wear both at the same time and take a photo! PLEASE!laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Cheers Cheggers that is awesome! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Morning Kilters!

I woke up this morning to find a light dusting of....snaw! On the car roof, shed etc. This was unexpected and I'm not sure when it fell - maybe edodfc may be more enlightened? Anyone else?

Whit??????? Not been on here all weekend or even aware of the weather it would seem...I hav had a not good weekend nothing bad just very kiddish with no me time lol so I never even seen this??? I am the one who needs enlightened....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Here we go people. Kilted Weather Tool v2

KiltedWeatherTool.html

What about an automatic update notification so my phone gets a little red symbol when the tool is updated like apple give me for their apps ;)

Great work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

- swim shorts or snow shoes? I know! wear both at the same time

While that might be par for the course in Scandinavia if you're going for the whole sauna + dip in a frozen lake thing, it suspect it would not go down too well in Saudi Arabia. ph34r.png

Frost again here, currently 0.1 C.

Very cold, very sunny and very frosty again. Lovely weather :)

The thermometer out on the back wall is reading 0ºC and for once I believe what it says :lol:

Posted

Superb good.gif All it needs is a tartan background instead of white, but that's me being picky as sin rofl.gif

Background set to Saltaire, but let me know if it is white for everyone.

Glorious day after a cold pea soups start. 0c on way into work.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I saw some lovely snow capped mountains looking towards the Trossachs and Ben Lomond this morning on my journey to Glasgow. I reckon it must have snowed there on Saturday at some point as it wasn't there before that.acute.gif

I saw some lovely snow capped mountains looking towards the Trossachs and Ben Lomond this morning on my journey to Glasgow. I reckon it must have snowed there on Saturday at some point as it wasn't there before that.acute.gif

That's one thing I miss living down here, distant views of Ben Lomond from close to home...aww you're making me feel homesick, briefly :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

While that might be par for the course in Scandinavia if you're going for the whole sauna + dip in a frozen lake thing, it suspect it would not go down too well in Saudi Arabia. ph34r.png

Oops, forgot about that. Burqua it is then!post-1989-0-66854300-1352113551.jpg (with fur lined swim shorts underneath!)

Hope all goes well with the trip.

Posted

Interesting output from the models this evening too with high pressure over Scandinavia. Not much in the way of a cold pool to tap into but it's a intruiging synoptic situation for later on this month and should make things a lot more interesting later in the month compared to last year. A Scandi high later this month would make a great start but I pray that we don't have the same frustration that we had back in February.

00Z GFS continuing with this theme. Oslo air pressure:

prmslOslo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Mostly clear skies here at 2.2C. A fine evening for the fireworks.

Clear and frosty this morning. Min-1.2C. The 7.4C max felt pretty warm in the sunshine.

Posted

Slow weather day huh?

Up, down, up down, up down..

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Mostly clear skies here at 2.2C. A fine evening for the fireworks.

Clear and frosty this morning. Min-1.2C. The 7.4C max felt pretty warm in the sunshine.

Still waiting on our first air frost (lowest reading to date this Autumn:+0.6c) although nearby Leuchars has had 9 or 10 - shows the effect of the still warm sea.

Max today 7.9c, min 3.2c

Posted

A bitterly cold start to the day, followed by.... well a bitterly cold day. Currently 0.9C

Was through in one of my favorite areas of the Highlands yesterday in Torridon (I know HC is a fan). Took some pics on a gentle Sunday walk, only Beinn Eighe was obscured by the cloud. Apologies that they seem to have turned out small like the last ones I put up! (will have to fidgit about and post them again when I have more time) Anyway, some nice Autumn/Winter contrasts. The beach pic was sent to me this weekend by a friend who lives in Harris and I thought it was pretty beautiful so worth sharing, enjoy

EDIT* Pics re-posted below

Edited by Northern Strath

Posted

A bitterly cold start to the day, followed by.... well a bitterly cold day. Currently 0.9C

Was through in one of my favorite areas of the Highlands yesterday in Torridon (I know HC is a fan). Took some pics on a gentle Sunday walk, only Beinn Eighe was obscured by the cloud. Apologies that they seem to have turned out small like the last ones I put up! (will have to fidgit about and post them again when I have more time) Anyway, some nice Autumn/Winter contrasts. The last pic was sent to me this weekend by a friend who lives in Harris and I thought it was pretty beautiful so worth sharing, enjoy!

They're wee thumbnail size....sorry (well for me anyway).

Folks'll want these big as they are great photos.

What size are originals? How are you resizing?

Edited by scottish skier