Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Weather Chat and Ramping Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Got some windscreen wash today thank goodness its good for -60! The engine will be a block of ice but the view will be still good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Have to say i love naff christmas decorations.

I was getting bored with the trendy designer christmas.

Colour coded decs in tune with decor in the living room.

And black christmas trees,really whats that all about?

After watching an episode of 'only fools' last year i decided to go for lots of diffrent colours and even the (naughty)ballons in the corner.

The kids loved it,was tacky and all that but what the hey!.

And as for outside the more tacky the better they all stuck up in my street and have no manners whatso ever,so anything to get there goat !!blum.gif

I hope it does snow coz when over the road is out ,he will come home to a 6 ft snowman in the middle of his drivegood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Go and start building them ramps in your gardens now, you will need them with all the snow that's going to come our way in the next month!! Feet of the stuff I tell ya!! Going to stock the cupboard up with beans and sausages now, just bought 100 tins from asda!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Go and start building them ramps in your gardens now, you will need them with all the snow that's going to come our way in the next month!! Feet of the stuff I tell ya!! Going to stock the cupboard up with beans and sausages now, just bought 100 tins from asda!!

good plan 'milkybarkid' a snowstorm is coming soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

When the snow does eventually arrive, who's up for a stealth snowman competition? The aim would be to build one in any place other than your own garden or the local park. The more obscure or unusual the better, preferably a place which would make folk wonder where it came from. The only rules would be, it would have to be in a place which wouldn't cause a safety issue (clearly the middle of the road is a no go area). If you choose to build it outside your neighbour's garage doors so they can't get their car out, then any repercussions would be your's and your's alone to deal with - although the rest of us retain the right to giggle....

Any mischief maker, takers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

When the snow does eventually arrive, who's up for a stealth snowman competition? The aim would be to build one in any place other than your own garden or the local park. The more obscure or unusual the better, preferably a place which would make folk wonder where it came from. The only rules would be, it would have to be in a place which wouldn't cause a safety issue (clearly the middle of the road is a no go area). If you choose to build it outside your neighbour's garage doors so they can't get their car out, then any repercussions would be your's and your's alone to deal with - although the rest of us retain the right to giggle....

Dont forget to put a note on the snowman saying jethro from neweather told me to do it!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So building one on the A37 it is then...rofl.gif No one ever drives over that in bad weather anyway good.gif

Posted

So building one on the A37 it is then...rofl.gif No one ever drives over that in bad weather anyway good.gif

Only if it's closed, awaiting the attention of the snow plough - then and only then can you build one in the chevroned bit at the top of Clutton Hill!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Only if it's closed, awaiting the attention of the snow plough - then and only then can you build one in the chevroned bit at the top of Clutton Hill!

Thats not fair how am i meant to get down to clutton hill from the top if its closed... search.gif I think in front of the mendip inn at the crossraods is better rofl.gif I can walk to there, just need a netweather t-shirt to go on it!

Posted

Photo evidence required.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Would definitely take you up on the offer Jethro if we get a decent snowfall. Will have to start coming up with some ideas...........ph34r.png

Posted

If enough people are up for it, perhaps it could become a competition? Maybe various categories, biggest, silliest, largest group effort??? Extra points awarded if it gets into the local press??

Suggestions wanted from other silly people up for a laugh....

Posted

I too get my kids up in the middle of the night because its snowing and actually STICKING.

Well you never know if it will melt or even get it again. This winter i would like to build a snowman and a snowwomen.

Posted

what no beer? Beans and sausages indeed, crates of lager thats what you need. :)

Posted

My polish colleague had a call from his mum in Poland today because the polish met office have said that the uk will have the coldest winter for 100 years!! (Maybe they read the Express!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

My polish colleague had a call from his mum in Poland today because the polish met office have said that the uk will have the coldest winter for 100 years!! (Maybe they read the Express!)

Those polish know their snow... (disclaimer: i'd imagine it's fairly easy to predict there)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

i'm up for that! But i do live in Plymouth. so never going to happen!

Posted

i'm up for that! But i do live in Plymouth. so never going to happen!

could always move :)

Those polish know their snow... (disclaimer: i'd imagine it's fairly easy to predict there)

yep they know a lot about pickled cabbage too.

I love anything pickled except cabbage.