Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 22nd 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Getting misty rather quickly here and dark as dusk already yet again. Warm though, 14.1c, should be a warm night at that rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Getting misty rather quickly here and dark as dusk already yet again. Warm though, 14.1c, should be a warm night at that rate.

Pretty much the same here, 13.6 °C though so slightly cooler !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, lots of it.

Hi VL,

Here's the 500hpa chart for midnight 1st Dec 2010, yes certainly tell-tale signs of a Thames streamer in that synoptic profile. You can see the kink (trough/convergence zone)in the isobars, lying over the southern N.Sea/Thames Estruary, which resulted in heavy and prolonged snow showers in our area.

http://www.wetterzen...00120101201.gif

Orpington is in a favourable position to catch decent snowfall from a Thames Streamer event, where it sits on the London/Kent border and the area is quite hilly in parts with ground rising to 300/400 feet in places. I find you can add on a few inches at least re Orpingtons snowfall compared to lower parts of the Bromley area.

Regards,

Tom

Thanks for you reply Tom, most helpful and I am learning all the time.

Cheers

VL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Jason T? rofl.gif

Well we will all know after the 8th December won't we laugh.png

Your lucky its not Halloween...Most need to get a costume. Ahhhh the theme to JAWS gives me tingles.crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

FOG all day here. Only lifted slightly for a few hours, but back thick and very dense again now.

We only had mist today really and I only drove through one patch of fog on the way home from work. Not sure what it's like now though.

Posted

We only had mist today really and I only drove through one patch of fog on the way home from work. Not sure what it's like now though.

Dark ? blum.gif

Posted

Southernman is out at Reedham tonight and various people driving through have been telling him that the fog is getting thicker towards home (great yarmouth), so I hope he drives carefully when he finishes his shift.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Very foggy outside! lazy.gif

Posted

well keep your fingers crossed.. i remember seeing it snowing just after firework night in 93.. cant remember seeing snow any earlier then that this far south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's foggy again here as well. A bit damp and clammy too. Some really keen frosts would be good now. :) Really crispy ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I haven't got the foggiest :-)

I'm mistified too, John. rofl.gif

As for the weather, the latest trend in the model output appears to suggest the coldest air will be kept to our East in Europe. friends.gif

However, the Temperature trend hinted at by the GFS over several runs still has a great part of this region in single digit maximums from Friday onwards. With that in mind, there has to be an outside chance of an early spell of wintry precipitation for some lucky so and so's depending on the timing of any subsequent weather fronts. Whatever occurs, we are at least going to get a wide variety of weather types, frost, ice, rain, fog, sleet, snow maybe just not gales. clapping.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Evening everybody, what a blooming dull start to the week and guess what more of the low cloud, mild and fog to come over the next few days. I'm looking forward to the colder snap from Friday, at least we will get some sunshine over the weekend, see the cold weather does come with some added optimism, its not always about the snow/extreme cold. Although with a raw wind will feel chilly to start the weekend. Hope you are all well, enjoy wehat weather throws at us, we are so lucky to experience all sorts from where we are placed. although after the last 10/12 months, its been the same old story, with blocking being a dominant feature for us, lets hope as the winter gets here, more of the same, with the jet stream well placed.

All The Best smile.png

P.S Just done a homepage look at the coming few days weatherwise at... http://www. metlink.co.uk/V4/ - Hope you like :D

Edited by Mark 'Ox' Neal

Posted

PPVO89.gif?31415

Hi all

Saturdays fax chart looks very cold

528dam line touching top of norfolk

I have a gut feeling these charts could shift everything further west

Gonna need to wrap up well

Also there's are chance these cold conditions could repeat a few days later. However time will tell

I wish I could do a full post but I suppose this is better than nothing

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

Fairly good agreement on much colder 26th onwards

Big scatter on the 1st which is

Where I would call fantasy island. Reckon the charts will look different again by tomorrow afternoon. We will see:-)

Posted

I'm so warm. It doesn't feel right with the dark mornings. Personally I can't wait for the cool down.

Bit foggy here this morning and temp of 11.9c.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone.

Oh and hello to Vertical Limit and any other new posters that I may have missed. :)

Posted

Morning CM, it is unseasonably warm at the moment but at least the fog and mist kept at bay until I was just North of Lewes. I think this weekends cold blast will be quite a shock after this initial warmer period as the change will be quite quick during Friday. Looks like we should all be getting our onesies on this weekend!

Chilly days may be just around the corner but it seems woolly jumpers, hats and scarves will be less in evidence this winter.

For they are all making way for the onesie. Following regular sightings of celebrities in the all-in-one garment, the romper suit for adults has become a fashion must-have.

article-2221679-15A1B237000005DC-272_306x423.jpg

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2A6Ox7AFH

:nea:

Edited by Coast

Posted

Morning all,

Lots of fog around, It looks something like this here......

post-10773-0-85011700-1350975398_thumb.j

.........put your fog lamps on and stay safe excl.png

Posted

Morning all - cloudy here, maybe a bit misty but no fog and 12.6C.

Can't wait for the change on Thursday as this weather is rather depressing - probably won't see the sun till Friday...

Posted

Weather forecast: London & South East England

Day 1 to 2

Day 3 to 5

Day 6 to 15

Day 16 to 30

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Thursday cloudy with patchy drizzle, although warm sunny spells may develop across the far south. Friday early rain, then dry with sunny periods, breezy and colder. Saturday isolated wintry showers.

Updated: 0333 on Tue 23 Oct 2012

clapping.gif

Posted

I think 'wintry showers' in our case will be cold rain, nothing 'solid' even at height in our region. I'm just hoping it isn't one of those cold, wet weekends that leaves you peeling off soggy clothes in the kitchen while shivering beside the cooker!

96_20.gif

102_20.gif

Real wintry showers reserved for high ground in Scotland I reckon this weekend

Edited by Coast

Posted

I think 'wintry showers' in our case will be cold rain, nothing 'solid' even at height in our region. I'm just hoping it isn't one of those cold, wet weekends that leaves you peeling off soggy clothes in the kitchen while shivering beside the cooker!

Agree Coast, I am just happy to see the mention of the words wintry showers, beats the heck out of murky fog.

Posted

Agree Coast, I am just happy to see the mention of the words wintry showers, beats the heck out of murky fog.

So true! Cold crisp mornings scrapping the windscreen are lovely. I'm sure we will see some snow before the Winter is out, maybe even a lot this year. But good things comes to those that wait :lol: