Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Haha now 3.1c, oh well by by air frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature soaring here, as a SWly has kicked in.. currently 4.2C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I see cloud moving in now.. but I suspect it will clear off sooner rather than later.

Posted

Looking promising for some snowfall overnight friday into saturday as a front/trough

spreads down from the north.

Would love to have a covering of snow on the 1st of December.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

4.4C right now with a light southwesterly breeze.

However for some parts of the North of England, there could be a few more nights of frost, especially in the eastern parts.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Morning,.-2.1c here, Dew point -1.3, clear

Posted

-3.9C.. will -4C be breached?

Posted

According to the model discussion thread this ain't a cold spell because its not down south !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Well that weather front is just petering out with no increase in cloud, the skies are mainly clear and it's -2.1c, -7.0c at Shap cold.gif

Posted

with a daytime max of 2C forecast for today, I don't see how it is anything but a cold spell.. maximums of 2C have not occurred in some winter months in the past, and I don't remember the last time outside of 2010 I saw a max of 2C in November.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

According to the model discussion thread this ain't a cold spell because its not down south !!

It felt like one this morning when I was clearing the frost off the car.

-4 at the moment and hopefully a bit of white stuff later today and overnight.

I can't blame them darn sarf for saying it isn't a cold spell as we, certainly those on my side of the Pennines argued the same last February when we were just to far North West for major cold but it was bitter further South and East.

Anyway, although not a brilliant outlook there are signs that most of us could have had snow at some stage in the run up to Christmas.

When, where and how much is still up for grabs and it could still go belly up but it certainly looks better than this time last year for the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Clear and -4.5C at the moment, not especially 'hoary'

Unusually for us, we've got fog and it's made everything white.

It's not particularty dense but as we're much too high ASL for lowland fog but below the default 1300ft level of hill fog it is quite an unusal thing to wake up to and probably only occurs a handful of times a year.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Lovely white coating of frost everwhere and -4.5c here

Posted

2.1C the minimum.. Next frost chance Saturday night here

Posted

There could be an ice day today for some..Currently -0.7c Dew point -1.3c

Tonight should be the colder in my location, then a chance of some wintry showers tomorrow yahoo.gifcold.gif

gfs-2-30.png?0

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Fog has cleared now and the sun is breaking out and it's turning into a lovely day although still cold.

It would be a fanstastic walking day but, although I'm on a days holiday, other commitments rule that out.

Never mind, with a bit of look a good day in the hills in the company of snow may be possible this weekend.

Posted

Cold alert Level 3 for NE and Y&H. 90% for both, 80% for NW.

Current alert level: Level 3 - Cold Weather Action in one or more regions of England

Issued at: Friday 30 November 2012 at 10:04

There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions/heavy snow between 0900 on Friday and 1200 on Sunday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

Cold weather is expected to continue through to Sunday with widespread overnight frosts expected this coming night and again on Saturday night. Many areas from East Anglia and the Midlands northwards are expected to see the temperatures threshold being met. A band of rain, sleet and hill snow moving southwards on Friday night across northern England brings an increased risk of ice. Overnight icy patches may also form elsewhere were seepage occurs after recent wet weather. The weather is expected to turn more unsettled from the west during Sunday. Rain may be preceded by hill snow over the Pennines before less cold conditions become established.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We only got down to -0.5C overnight because of the cloud. That makes the third air frost of the season.

Right now the temperature is actually FALLING. It's 0.5C with some mist around.

Got a feeling we could see some icy rain from that front later on tonight. Joy....

Posted

Oh dear Jordan, only -0.5C my heart bleeds, try living here in +2.1C land :p