Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Rather torrential shower has arrived over the Peterlee area. Quite a lot of run off on the roads.

Edited by Dommy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

I wouldn't be too sure ... but surely a tad more than that? Temperatures perhaps colder more inland compared to Durham but I think with precipitation confidence fairly high ... I'd go for 70%.

I'm always wrong though blum.gif

Im happy with 70% mate will be good to see my first snow of the season

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l

Im happy with 70% mate will be good to see my first snow of the season

Still masses of uncertainty, and as others have pointed out, Durham in particular may suffer from a poor snow cover given the daily Max's.

We'll just have to wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Cold Weather alert now in place from Met Office,

60% North East England

60% North West England

60% Yorkshire and Humber

http://www.metoffice...ldweatheralert/

Lordy! - back off with the highlight pen......

Posted

Still masses of uncertainty, and as others have pointed out, Durham in particular may suffer from a poor snow cover given the daily Max's.

We'll just have to wait and see

Why Durham in particular?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Coldest morning of the season here @ -1.0c, I can usually do quite well in north or north easterly winds because I tend to be pretty sheltered, unless the wind is strong. cold.gif

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

2.6c here, slight E/N/E wind, still v dark outside. At least i will be warm today as insulating a local church roof....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Paul Hudson from look north Yorkshire said their could be snow Friday night/ Saturday morning. On Bbc weather shows sleet 3am and snow 6am.

Posted

Temperatures falling slowly this morning and showers continue to be heavy and frequent. 3.9C and 8.4mm since midnight.

Posted

Why Durham in particular?

you sound like me now "why my area in particular" "spill". :)

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Definitely not happy about the prospects of useless cold rain North Sea showers ruining my chances of a harsh frost, or a strong breeze.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Paul Hudson from look north Yorkshire said their could be snow Friday night/ Saturday morning. On Bbc weather shows sleet 3am and snow 6am.

Have a look at the met office map as well, zoom right in to the North on it and run it from friday through to monday, it looks quite good, however, i suspect it will change when they see the 0z's, especially if the MOGREPS has followed suite.

My snow has disappeared off the BBC site now, as if Paul Daniels has been programming!!!

Posted

Some snow on the tops of the S.Lakes hills again this morning.

As if by magic the day after tomorrow scenarios have disappeared from the model output. As soon as the two characters marge and al showed up the writing was on the wall

Don't really know what people expect doh.gif . We are not even in December. I am enjoying the clear skies and some frosty mornings, we need them to at least get rid of some of the water sitting in the fields round here.

Posted

Well, It's a chilly one today here on the East coast. 7C at the moment but the Northerly breeze making it feel bitter. Even worse if you get caught in one of the showers!

On another note, just totted up rainfall for this month so far and recorded 105mm's so far with 82mm's of that since Saturday.

Showers possibly turning wintry here on the coast as the week progresses but nothing majorly exciting.

Bit of a let down considering some of the discussions in the MOD thread but i suspect it won't be long before we get a taste of something really wintry going by Stewarts winter forecast.

Here's hoping!

Posted

Lordy! - back off with the highlight pen......

It was like that when i coped it! haha,

Anyhow i'm fairly confident somewhere in our region (at low levels too!) will see snow between early hours of Saturday- early hours of Sunday THIS weekend smile.png

post-8771-0-79828300-1354114214_thumb.pn

Spy the window of opportunity - just need our pal precipitation

If disappointment come'ths this weekend then don't dispair looks like a very interesting December heading our way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Staying cold with overnight frost. Some sunshine but also showers, some of which could be of sleet or snow, mainly on hills, and rather prolonged for a time later Friday.

Updated: 1520 on Wed 28 Nov 2012

Latest North East update looking very encouraging for friday night

Posted

Yes, Friday night into Saturday morning does look like the most likely of snowfall as we see the most brief of North-Easterly drift from that shortwave and the trough may hit some eastern coasts, its so brief and on the edge though that any change in the upper flow will mean Friday night will be cold and frosty instead.

Posted

It was like that when i coped it! haha,

Anyhow i'm fairly confident somewhere in our region (at low levels too!) will see snow between early hours of Saturday- early hours of Sunday THIS weekend smile.png

post-8771-0-79828300-1354114214_thumb.pn

Spy the window of opportunity - just need our pal precipitation

If disappointment come'ths this weekend then don't dispair looks like a very interesting December heading our way!

Not if the model thread is anything to go by.

We on were off, im confused their confused.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Stunning here in the Lakes it's a perfect early winters day with the crisp sunshine, didn't help the temperature much with a high of only 4.6c this afternoon, currently 3.7c and falling as the sun sinks into the horizon.

Posted

Any showers that can make it inland off the north sea this evening and overnight should be of

a wintry nature with most places having sub zero dewpoints.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We're down to 2.4C. Unusually cold for this time of night around here.

Could be -3C or lower by dawn. :o

Posted

Yes lovely clear sunset tonight, very clean North air now digging in, down to 0.8 here now, will be interesting what minimum temp we get out of this cold snap. As BT says could quit low tonight, and by the week-end things could be interest, perfect weather for walking in the hill's with fresh clear air. Good job i've got the rest of the week off work...cold.gif

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Not if the model thread is anything to go by.

We on were off, im confused their confused.

If you're talking about after this weekend- rest of December then I'm only really taking notice of the serious posters not the noise from the rest,

GPs winter forecast paints a really exciting picture and he has high confidence for December :)