Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still -1c here, Dew point -2.3c on a W/N/W wind.

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l

Down to -0.1 here ... unwelcomed overcast coming in but should clear before Midnight leaving a clear night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

That being said.. -3C in November is definitely not unusual here, so I don't know why I would get excited by the prospect of bog standard winter temperatures at night.. the next few nights might deliver even colder temperatures.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Some fluctuations here probably due to the breeze, currently -0.7c with frost on the grass and cars. Did anyone feel/hear an earth tremor?

Posted

The wind is calm and the clouds are finally clearing, so a frost on the way I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It's risen here a bit, from 1.2C to 1.9C, NW wind kicking in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

We're at -1.3C here at the minute, a station in the less built up land between here and Nantwich showing as -2.3C.....that's a reliable reading as that station often shows the same temp as my sensor within 0.1 of a degree or so. Obviously me being near to the centre of town accounts for the extra degree on this occasion.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Looks like Buxton has had a light Snow Shower judging by the Buxton webcam.

Hi Mark, welcome to Netweather, if you could pop your location into your profile that would be great :D

Temp gone up again here, it was -1.4c an hour ago but now I'm back up at -0.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Had a fair number of rain showers here at Sandhutton yesterday and this morning, some of which were moderate to fairly heavy, but predictably showers have died back to the east now that the wind has backed to a N to NNW'ly. Neil Bradshaw is registering 3.1C at South Shields so still a pretty feeble northerly so far in terms of cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Temp on the rise now. 0.3C. Maybe an air frost is still too much to ask for, we are in Autumn after all. -.-

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Surprisingly, a couple of "rogue" showers made it as far inland as Sandhutton in the past hour- still just rain though, with a current temperature of 2.6C.

Posted

Even colder this morning! it is -2.5c so officially the lowest temp of the season, 16.3c in the house I can feel a nip but the heatings on and it'll be toasty soon :)

Posted

The wind did die down eventually and it's currently -1.0C so definitely not the coldest temperature so far this month. Sunday looks the best bet if GFS is to be believed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A low of -2.4c overnight here making it the coldest minimum of the autumn so far. it was also our third airfrost of the autumn, which is not bad going for my location on the coast. still

cold now at -1.6c.

Posted

A dusting of snow on the moors this morning, showers have almost gone but still rather cloudy and that's kept it just above freezing 0.9C

Posted

Still sub zero here, -0.8c and rising only slowly. Lovely looking out over a frosty landscape. :)

Posted

Yes great crisp clear day today with blue sky's perfect ! -0.7c here on a N/W smiliz39.gifcold.gif

We should get lower temp's tonight- and colder towards the weekend..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I cant be sure yet but anything between -2C and -3C could have been possible .. Won't find out yet though. First air frost of the season though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Hi Mark, welcome to Netweather, if you could pop your location into your profile that would be great :D

Temp gone up again here, it was -1.4c an hour ago but now I'm back up at -0.7c.

Hi Liam that was my post i signed in via Facebook as i was having trouble signing in on my account.