Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

If you're talking about after this weekend- rest of December then I'm only really taking notice of the serious posters not the noise from the rest,

GPs winter forecast paints a really exciting picture and he has high confidence for December smile.png

Hear hear, too many posters in MOD wanting 'loads of snow' and blocking up the discussion with nonsense posts, and correct me if I am wrong but, for us to get snow at this time of year is unlikely because of our position on the globe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

We're down to 2.4C. Unusually cold for this time of night around here.

Could be -3C or lower by dawn. ohmy.png

meto going for -4c for NW England BT

C.S

Posted

If you're talking about after this weekend- rest of December then I'm only really taking notice of the serious posters not the noise from the rest,

GPs winter forecast paints a really exciting picture and he has high confidence for December :)

hi you can see where im coming from though i read one post for coldies which is fantastic and then the next post down a total contradiction you end up not knowing who to trust as people who tend not to like snow etc ramp up mild runs and dis cold ones.

Posted

Hear hear, too many posters in MOD wanting 'loads of snow' and blocking up the discussion with nonsense posts, and correct me if I am wrong but, for us to get snow at this time of year is unlikely because of our position on the globe.

i totally get where your coming from i love snow and it being November snow is less likely than say Jan Feb but when your trying to learn and you read posts from people who have been on here for years you start to hang on every word. What im going to do is nowcast if i go outside and its snowing i will let you all know. :)

Posted

Certainly feels cold now, i'm wondering although it's been a bit doom and gloom in the model discussion thread with shortwaves spoiling the party, does not higher ground to the north have at least a fighting chance of seeing something wintry over the weekend? Keep my fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Cold & clear and down to -0.5c now, the car already has frost forming on it's roof not long after 5pm.

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome

Very cold more or less everywhere in the North of England now and with clear skies for most ... I would have those scrapers ready for the morning.

As for this weekend ... slow and steady as she goes ... nothing much different compared to last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

nice crisp winter evening out there now the colder air certainly making its presence felt

temp just hovering above freezing,just got in from walking the dog and the grass has got that

lovely crispy feeling when you walk over it,all i am missing now is the snow,but hey plenty

more time for that,winter does not start officially for another few days.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

meto going for -4c for NW England BT

C.S

Certainly possible provided the breeze doesn't pick up and patchy cloud stays away.

It's 0.8C now, lovely and cold. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

-3C or -4C at this part (near the coast) would be highly unusual, and therefore is very unlikely.

More likely is that it'll drop to anywhere between 0C to -1C. The breeze tonight (even slight) will stop temperatures falling away so fast.

Here I have a clean run to the sea from the north, and it tells, it's currently 3.1C and stable. I imagine I'll get an airfrost tonight though as the wind dies back.

Posted

-3C or -4C at this part (near the coast) would be highly unusual, and therefore is very unlikely.

More likely is that it'll drop to anywhere between 0C to -1C. The breeze tonight (even slight) will stop temperatures falling away so fast.

Here I have a clean run to the sea from the north, and it tells, it's currently 3.1C and stable. I imagine I'll get an airfrost tonight though as the wind dies back.

Ouch mate, a 3C temp difference. Irish Sea must still be relatively warm.

Posted

Currently 4.9C here in Scarborough. showers still coming and becoming increasingly wintry. Dew point is 1.8C. It aint half nippy if you're exposed to the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

I was up on the North York Moors earlier today, around 1200 and drove through a substantial snow shower, nice big flakes. Don't know how long it lasted but it was just starting to land and I was too busy to hang around and wait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome

I was up on the North York Moors earlier today, around 1200 and drove through a substantial snow shower, nice big flakes. Don't know how long it lasted but it was just starting to land and I was too busy to hang around and wait.

Hopefully a sign of things to come ... at least until Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

1.1C and dew is -1.9C, breeze is present and I see some cloud to the N.. no harsh frost for us tonight.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

-1c here and -2.2c Dew point, Clear N/W wind.

Posted

I think the temperature here will stop falling soon. The wind is now blowing NNW, meaning if the breeze picks up we'll see the Irish Sea modifying things, temps to rise.

Frost on cars and grass already though, and it is cold at 0.6C, it hasn't budged for 35 mins or so now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature falling a little faster now as wind dies a little.

Currently 1.7C.

No chance in hell of not getting an airfrost tonight.

I reckon about -1.8C by dawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

there are no showers in the vicinity but a helluva lot of cloud.. which is a bit irritating.

Posted

0.2C now and falling faster. -2C a certainty, -3C a probability, -4C a possibility.

:p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Thanks Ali biggrin.png

Well what a difference a day makes, gone are the crystal clear skies and stunning sunshine of the last couple of days! It has been magical up here in the Lakes with breath taking scenery on display these frosty mornings and snow capped peaks - making for some real picturesque views. I'd quite happily take that weather type for the next 4 months... smile.png

Rather grey an miserable this morning with persistent light rain and drizzle. It was 0.7c when I went to sleep last night and this morning nearly 10c, so a massive increase overnight as the cloud and increasing wind spread down from the north.

Looking very disturbed over the coming weeks as the Atlantic stirs into action bringing periods of wet & windy weather across the British Isles, remaining on the cool side generally but no sign of any cold weather taking hold any time soon.

The view from my office biggrin.png

post-9615-0-43910400-1352193438_thumb.jppost-9615-0-20600200-1352193102_thumb.jp post-9615-0-37112700-1352193113_thumb.jp post-9615-0-69533100-1352193118_thumb.jp

Your office in the cafe Liam? :)

Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

-1.0C here, should be a NW England thread now really as well, midlands thread is quietest on here