Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - 18z - 25th Nov onward

Paul

Posted

look at the jet peeps, the low does not have the only option of going towards us, it shoots a bunch of energy over but we have a fantastic retogressive jet, see below with the jet going east to west from iceland and up the west of greenland. GFS has tried so hard to get the recipe right, but just hasn't got things in the right order, a few tweaks and this would be a METO run from the last few days. Hang in there.

post-6326-0-63622800-1353947433_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

UKMO looks to be holding firm...

UW72-21.GIF?26-17

72h

Better than the GFS 12z

Pattern backed slightly further West and a little more amplification to the West as well.

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Looks like a poor battleground to me though Chiono? I really do think we've hit the point of no return, and that any battleground will be pretty standard with any wintryness turning quickly to rain.

I can see erosion taking place, but the question is, can it erode quick enough?

I am not talking specifics BT like will it rain or snow. I am talking block vs Atlantic short wave energy. I wouldn't even look at specifics regarding the UK yet - you will be disappointed or elated every run if you do that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

UW120-21.GIF?26-17

Consistency once again from the UKMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Staggering output from UKMO.

The saga of epic proportions continues further!

Edited by Chris D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

UKMO Still looks good to me at 120. All in all a better run id say, will explain my reasons when I have a bit of time later, will be a good test for me, better go before I get sacked!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

As a long term user of this forum it constantly frustrates me that every year we get the same issues. Are people not able to watch a model run without constant comment on every single frame? It fills this thread with utter drivel year after year and I'm sick of it! In this one run alone we have had dozens of one line comments which add nothing to the discussion. One second winter's over the next it's all to play for, all on the position of a shortwave! Wait a few minutes and see what happens, please don't post on every frame...

I pity the poor moderator who has to watch this thread, if it was me at least 70% of the last 4 pages would be in the bin! Including this post blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Pretty much a hurricane-esqe system heading for Newfoundland at T96 on UKMO!

Edited by Chris D

Interesting 12z runs so far but at the moment I feel the GFS may be wrong due to lack of support so far at the moment,

Yes the GFS and the ECM have changed around in the last day but now agree on it moving up to the West of Greenland it's just that at the moment the GFS creates an annoying little low around 120 hours this travels along and breaks down our ridging, the UKMO does not show this and NOGAPS still backs it up, therefore they are both much better runs this afternoon,

UKMO 120 hours 12z

GFS 120 hours 12z

UKMO remains consistent and does have support from the 00z ECM it didn't show this annoying low either.