Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - 18z - 25th Nov onward

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

So all of the Fax charts, NOAA guidance, UKMO, a week of solid composites and the NAEFS are all wrong? Staggering.

Posted

UKMO will be very important now, and it will be intresting whether it keeps its consistancy or finally agree that its not going to happen, intresting times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

So all of the Fax charts, NOAA guidance, UKMO, a week of solid composites and the NAEFS are all wrong? Staggering.

You coudnt write it could you.All ive been hearing is stick with the 500mb charts and the trend????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

It happens unfortunately

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It happens unfortunately

I know, but I mean it makes you wonder what on earth the point of the last 10 days of following the whole thing through were when at the last minute we end up with an evolution that hadn't been shown by any of the model until about 24 hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

I will but diamonds on fi showing a cracking easterly and biblical cold!!!!!!!Also the almost legendry nh blocking,and 1947 synoptics lol.rofl.gif

Posted

Stop with all the doom and gloom, for me a high of 3 and a low of -2 for next weekend at the end of nov is good! Like 2010 the models had a wobble just before the big event just wait to see what changes again in the next few days!

Posted

NOW there's cross model agreement:

gfsnh-0-156.png?0

ECH1-168.GIF?25-0

Well I guess now it's time to move onto the 'ECM wasn't so bad' narrativelaugh.png

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well I, for one, have had enough of chasing an imaginary cold spell. I urged caution the other day because it was clear that the models were starting to redistribute energy around the N Atlantic and my confidence was dented over any potential cold spell.For some people this will be a bitter pill to swallow......it is for me but as I was semi expecting it it's slightly easier to take!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

In all fairness it was only a 'cool down' that was nailed. We've been chasing -5 uppers and proper snowy cold weather at t180-220 for literally 2-3 weeks now. This time last week we referred to 'next Sunday' and now we are here we were looking at next Sunday - proper cold has never got into a realistic 7 days pattern.

GFS backs down - watch the ECM go the opposite way next.

Overall summary - chillier (but not cold) as the week goes on, drier with the odd chance of a wintry flurry on high ground. 50-50 split between prospects from the weekend with mild/atlantic/cold zonal conditions taking a narrow likelyhood advantage.

Posted

Well I, for one, have had enough of chasing an imaginary cold spell. I urged caution the other day because it was clear that the models were starting to redistribute energy around the N Atlantic and my confidence was dented over any potential cold spell.For some people this will be a bitter pill to swallow......it is for me but as I was semi expecting it it's slightly easier to take!

Well done, it's true that there were signs, however subtle, that this might happen.

We still look in a very strong position for the rest of the month, it's not even winter yet, so I'm not overly pessimistic, it's just a pretty big setback in the shorter term.

Posted

yep bad news is we have 3 months of this to come chasing phantom cold spells, so be prepared for more ups and downs,

dunno have many setbacks i can take

NOGAPS maintaining the fantasy

http://meteociel.com...apse_cartes.php

stupid difference between that and GFS at such a short range as well, best thing to do is look out of the window