Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion - 05/12/2012

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

-4 on the dot here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

-4c - hard frost already, hope to see a little transitional snow at least tomorrow, just a shame it's due to arrive in the middle of the day. Hope temps don't rise too quickly.

Yeah touch and go, I'm hoping my elevation helps tomorrow as it could snow all day from 10am to 12am... if were lucky. The forecasts last night said 10cm atleast down the pennines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Heading down towards -5 territory now, would imagine it's down towards -6 or -7 in the countryside around here now given I'm a 5 minute walk from the town centre.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

-4.5 temp still dropping away it seems :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

'only' -2.9C here. Funny, whenever we get clear skies, we can never get the wind to die down, but no trouble under cloudy skies.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

'only' -2.9C here. Funny, whenever we get clear skies, we can never get the wind to die down, but no trouble under cloudy skies.

Don't worry,being low down and not that far away from the coast, my temp will rocket up tomorrow ahead of the precipitation. Always does!

Posted

I'm not expecting anything here at all - the Pennines will gobble it all up. So, since I'm not getting any snow, a severe frost would be nice.. just one.. pretty please. smiliz39.gif

Posted

A bit disappointing here, most of the showers were too far east despite being only a few miles from the coast. What few did make it inland were killed off by the North York Moors and Yorkshire Wolds.

Nevertheless we still have a thin covering which if it manages to stay intact by 0900 will just qualify as a snow lying day.

Currently 0.2C and -1.6C dewpoint, I expect it will really fall when the cloud moves out during the night.

I thought all of East Yorkshire might of done well today obviously not.i could see the tops of the cloud passing from my living room window.

-1.9c dew -3.8 just over an hour ago here.local station dont update after 1.30am anymore for some reason

Posted

Wind has died down and it's currently -3.9C and falling fast.. wonder how low it will fall before the cloud encroaches cold.gif

Posted

Looks like we have a bit of cloud over us now. Temp at -3.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Cold

-3.4c here slowly rising some high cloud about...looks like we will have to wait until next week for our next real cold should be slightly warmer for a couple days .

Edited by Snowbogey

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Worst start snow wise for a winter since 2006 for us. Will we break the snow duck today.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Looking at Neil Bradshaw's site, the South Shields area must be quite slushy/icy

My daughter pointed that out to me that N Bradshaws site was reading over 3 degrees, I think a problem may have arose with his thermometer as the temp was barely above 1ºC and no slush around here and I dont live to far away from Neil. Anyway still nice scenes out there this morning. Lets see what happens today as the BBC weather forecast last night hinted that snow/wintry showers would affect eastern coastal areas again once this front pushes through.

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

How's it looking for West Yorkshire today? Not really had much so far apart from a couple of frosts and lots of rain! Would be nice to get a little bit of the white stuff to start winter off with a bang!

Posted

Manchester TAF has upped the snow chances

long-TAF: EGCC 060456Z 0606/0712 13005KT 9999 FEW020 BECMG 0606/0609 19012KT TEMPO 0610/0614 1000 SN BKN006 BECMG 0614/0617 7000 -RA BKN010 TEMPO 0614/0620 3000 RASN BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 0614/0616 22017G27KT BKN002 BECMG 0620/0623 30010KT 9999 NSW SCT025 PROB30 TEMPO 0620/0706 30015G25KT 7000 SHRA BKN012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Cloudy sky here no frost as far as I can tell, temp currently 0.4c and seems to be rising. I'm not expecting any snow but I have my emergency spade boots and coat stashed in my car because I got snowed in at work in 2010! Just checked on metcheck and they reckon I will get snow but nothing showing on NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-3.7c when went to bed and it's +4.0c this morning with SW'ly winds and drizzle. looking very windy later today and during Friday with gusts around 50mph progged up here, all eyes on next week though.... :)

Posted

TAF for Leeds Bradford between 1500 to 2000 mentions 'snow', so some hope there.