Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

At the moment, GFS says this is as good as it gets for Thursday, but that is a relative upgrade today:

66_20.gif

72_20.gif

One to follow if nothing else?

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I do too, but bar a miracle, I will have to wait until Thursday, with even that being most likely a few wet flakes.

I get a feeling that the models are starting to firm up on the event now but a lot can still happen in the next 72 hours.

My weather thingy on my laptop says snow on Thursday but we will see.Its not as cold as I thought it was going to be either?

Posted

Some in our thread are going to have a pleasant suprise in the morning I think smile.png

Will I come to work and find a huge Xmas bonus waiting for me then!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some in our thread are going to have a pleasant suprise in the morning I think smile.png

Holy poo. Shouldn't be taking my eye off the ball and counting all my chickens.

Looking at this, I may well be twitching the curtains several times over the next few hours.

post-7183-0-63123500-1355159985_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well there are a lot of people on this thread now, so something's bound to happen!bomb.gif

Posted

Holy poo. Shouldn't be taking my eye off the ball and counting all my chickens.

That green shown over Mid Sussex was the soft hail we had a short time ago.

Well there are a lot of people on this thread now, so something's bound to happen!bomb.gif

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Edited by Coast

Posted

thanks MKsnowangel

Mind you don't trip over that halo GTLTW. :D

I'm reading 2.7c and the site I'm on says 1.7c with a dewpoint of -1c

Thanks , mine is reading 1.7 too , just wanted to check it was reading ok 😃

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I think it'll certainly just be rain now, unless there's a great turnaround, but I can't see it happening, to be honest it has felt like we've been fighting a losing battle since Friday, basically appreciate the cold of the next few days, as at least we could see some hard frosts and low temperatures to enjoy.

Posted

from what i have seen over the last two or three days i think the direction of the weather front is key to weather we get frontal snow or not.

also the amount of warm air ahead of the system .

i believe the snow will make it to the ground at say -2 850 temp because the dew point will be in favour but there is still a lot of uncertainty for the end of the week , one to watch!

Edited by chmape

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Won't the showers subside a lot due to nocturnal cooling?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Isn't that really just going to be a Kent/Suffolk event? Nothing really for the Home Counties?

That's what I thought but the radars don't often lie. Could be anaprop but worth a looksie every now and then, even quite far inland. search.gif

Posted

As someone said earlier, Luton had a short hailstorm around 4pm. From my top floor office at the airport looking over the town, I had a perfect view of it building up. (Obviously it wasn't) but it looked like a wedge tornado! Maybe something with cooling temps overnight, something similar may perk up again.

Posted

from what i have seen over the last two or three days i think the direction of the weather front is key to weather we get frontal snow or not.

also the amount of warm air ahead of the system .

i believe the snow will make it to the ground at say -2 850 temp because the dew point will be in favour but there is still a lot of uncertainty for the end of the week , one to watch!

Yes indeed, have a look here at how the 00z runs were showing things. drinks.gif

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75232-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-december-9th-2012/page__st__100#entry2441570

Incidentally, the dewpoints are forecast to be just the wrong side of marginal during the passage of the occlusion, but time will tell.

hello all. it feels like a long time since i have been on here. hope you are all well. so who is rampingm when is the next Thames Streamer and what time shall I sit by the window for 'lamp post watching' let the annual netweather obsessions commence :)

Posted

Hi gtltw

I am still not convinced on the track of the low yet

3 days is an age and a half at the moment

Not saying it won't happen just feel it could go further south and weaken a bit more

Posted

hello all. it feels like a long time since i have been on here. hope you are all well. so who is rampingm when is the next Thames Streamer and what time shall I sit by the window for 'lamp post watching' let the annual netweather obsessions commence smile.png

Hi mm and welcome back to the madhouse that is our regional thread!! Pull up a comfy chair and follow the rise and fall of emotions as we try and second guess nature. You may be here for a while looking out of that window but one things for sure, it may take a little time before you see flakes of white falling out of the sky, but you will be entertained during your wait and we will share the mulled wine and cookies!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

having a hail shower.

Posted

Hi gtltw

I am still not convinced on the track of the low yet

3 days is an age and a half at the moment

Not saying it won't happen just feel it could go further south and weaken a bit more

Yes I agree. Likewise the white stuff approaching my patch must have been extremely unlikely according to nearly all of the latest guidance. unknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Was just about to start making the Christmas cake....

Why... WHY did I casually peep at the Radar this evening..... !?ohmy.png

I am WILLING some of those blobs to get organised and turn pink.

Posted

having a hail shower.

Beats a cold bath I guess........ blum.gif