Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

6/1 to back a White Xmas on Betfair or if you dont think it will be a White Xmas you can become the bookmaker and Lay it at 15/2 Presently in London

Not bad... may as well put some on... then I can always lay against it later :)

Posted

Yh not a bad idea, have done this a few times over the last few years, bloody Jimbo nicked all the Lay Money last year and made about £150 in Profit and then bragged about it on Facebook (Which is down at present Hoorah) Not giving tips away anymore - Mwahaha

Posted

hi buzzit

thanks i have the link but forgot to look at it

http://www.severe-weather.co.uk/

use this as well

6/1 to back a White Xmas on Betfair or if you dont think it will be a White Xmas you can become the bookmaker and Lay it at 15/2 Presently in London

think i will go £50 on both

cheers paul

Posted

Yh not a bad idea, have done this a few times over the last few years, bloody Jimbo nicked all the Lay Money last year and made about £150 in Profit and then bragged about it on Facebook (Which is down at present Hoorah) Not giving tips away anymore - Mwahaha

Double LOL - You have to watch out for bragging layers

And yes the day my wife decides to take a break from Facebook for a while and stick to Twitter - all of Twitter has been overrun by talk about Facebook !

aarrgghhh - when will the madness end ? !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Guys. Just done my forecast for the next few days, thought i'd post on here, to let you know my views on the coming days.

It can be found in view here @ http://www.metlink.co.uk

A very cold night tonight & most areas have already seen a frost and fog is started to become an additional problem and will worsen for many overnight. Winds are mainly light now with 3-4mph NW, high pressure being a dominant force over us. Now there are a few stray wintery showers clipping the east coast these are likely to be few and far between but have the potential to turn to snow albeit light and patchy and not long-lasting. Overnight lows of -2c for many areas, -5c in some rural spots, especially where the clear skies persist for the longest. Now as I previously stated there is the potential that as many go on the morning commute that fog will have formed and with such poor visibility it is valuable to take it easy and watch out. If you are out on pavements first thing they will have frosted over and with any remaining water around will be very icy, these things are important to be mentioned as it prevents nasty consequences.

A beautiful crisp start for some areas come Tuesday Morning, though Fog will be slow to clear for many areas. By midday many areas will be struggling around 0c, perhaps in rural areas still in minus figures so an ice day is close to the equation. By afternoon the fog should have lifted for many and perhaps a few brighter intervals are likely, although top temperature being 2-3c. Winds coming from the North, 4-5mph, so nothing wild but still feeling raw outside. As the afternoon continues temperatures will then start to turn again and begin to plunge. Now at the minute it is expected that Freezing Fog is likely to form very quickly before and after sunset so this could be another tricky evening ahead for commuters. Visibility in some areas reduced to less than 100m not pretty I’m afraid. Now with many areas seeing clear skies it won’t take long for temperatures to have gone below freezing and a frost will have set in before evening gets underway for many, so if out & about take your thermals. Overnight lows of -4c for many areas, though many rural areas will go a lot lower, perhaps outside chance of -8c in frost hollows and the usual cold spots, Highlands? It will remain predominantly dry although there is the outside chance of wintry showers just clipping east coast these are a low probality, and won’t accumulate if a flurry does begin to fall.

Wednesday morning is almost a carbon copy of the previous morning, a frosty start for much of the country, and fog a problem in those areas which have gone very low and enabled freezing fog to take hold in the conditions. Visibility once again a problem first thing so take care, roads will be freezing and so the gritters will have taken to the road to improve the conditions. Now as the morning goes on temperatures will slowly but surely begin to rise, although struggling to get into positive figures. Now during the afternoon temperatures will reach 1-2c, now with a little breeze coming from the SE it will feel a lot colder thanks to wind-chill. Now during the day once again the fog will lift for many to be replaced by lovely wintry blue skies, although once again won’t last long as daylight begins to fade. During the evening another widespread frost is likely to begin to take stage now, once again fog will be a key problem. Winds will fall light once again and will be 2-4mph generally.

Pressure now really high and 1030mb, though will start to decrease somewhat as a weather system gets closer to the British Isles. Now this will begin to a herald a change for the coming week as milder air tries to return to our shores. This bringing the threat of some wild and lively weather with flooding starting to look like being a possible problem once more. More on that in the coming days ahead, in the meantime wrap up warm!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

messy but gfs main run was not a cold outlier

will restart fax charts again tomorrow night

got to show you saturday how strong that eastern block looks

PPVO89.gif?31415

nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Don't worry guys and girls, it will be all change again on tomorrows runs, and if I'm wrong, well it will definately be a new outlook the day after tomorrow!

I can't wait for the next instalment of the ever changing, breathtaking, rollercoaster ride....and at the very least 3 more months of this to come! I have all my medication here, uppers and downers just in case.....Happy days!! good.gifblum.gifdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm happy about our prospects for cold in the next few weeks. I think there is every chance we may get our 3rd time lucky easterly. Time will tell, but is it is possible as 18z GFS showed. 12/20 were showing a easterly flow around Xmas time. Interesting model watching again coming up I feel. Just want to note i have agreed fully with John pikes views, that of thy block to our East will be incredibly hard to shift. Models really were underestimating it at first and still are a bit!

Temp now -2c here. We' bit nippy!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Mark N, excellent forecast, quite a long read and i can see you put alot of work onto that!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Evening Folks. Tonight is the 14th night in the last 18 nights that we have seen a frost, yet some on twitter don't see that we have had a cold spell.. Feeling wintry and freezing fog a real issue forst thing for many driver especially in the OXON/WILTS/BUCKS border it seems. Elsewhere some stray wintry showers cannot be ruled out. GTLTW, could we see an ice day in the next few days, does look like highs of only 1-2c at best in next 2/3 days..

Current Temp: -1.3c

You may well Mark, but its currently only -0.2c here and I think that's been down to occasional cloud and too much breeze.

It will most probably be a different scene tonight, however.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Noticed that bbc local weather saying maybe a bit of snow thurs

Before turning to rain

Hoping for upgrades on this

Posted

My met office phone app also says light snow from 9am until 3pm on Thursday - not too long to go now either!

Posted

Well I'm doing my best to drag out my last remaining days down on the South Coast, and today was a beaut. Out of the wind and in the sun it felt positively balmy. I'll bore you with a few of my photo's now I know how easy it is to post them here !!

In no particular order, first its a very good friend and her dog 'Rye' on the beach, then various photo's taken today between Hastings and Bexhill, and lastly, but by no means least, sunset at The Stade in Hastings this evening. I hope you enjoy them.

They are beautiful photos Bluebreezer, lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

good morning everyone, looks freezing out there, i wont find out as im poorly, so staying in!

can anyone tell me where the ignore tab is? there are a couple of posters, that mainly come out first thing in the morning, in the model thread that i could do without reading! thanks

Posted

Morning gorgeous SE/EA people!!!

Lovely cold and dry morning with another thick frost on the car and pavements. Still can't see major signs of the Winter weather many of us crave in the short term, but with so much of the season ahead of us it's all good and still terribly exciting!

So a cappuccino or a mug of hot choccy this morning to warm up my bones???

hot-chocolate.jpg

Posted

good morning everyone, looks freezing out there, i wont find out as im poorly, so staying in!

can anyone tell me where the ignore tab is? there are a couple of posters, that mainly come out first thing in the morning, in the model thread that i could do without reading! thanks

Hope you feel better soon leemondo. Sorry don't know where the ignore tab is myself, but I'm sure one of the crew will. smile.png

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what is meant to happen on thurs to bring in these supposed snow showers? It's a new one on me. Thanks.

It's a chilly one this morning at -1.8c. Have a good day everyone.

Edit: Morning Coast, that hot chocolate, looks just the ticket. Yum!

Edited by Chilly Milly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Showers in east Kent.... surely they must. Be snowy. Its minus 1.5c here