Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'm going to run out of likes, anyway, BRING IT ON!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and lots of it.

Well not sure what the tems are here but it must be sub zero because the hail that came down an hour ago is still here and there is frost already on the lawn. I spy lots of small shower to pass over us tonight so I am confiden we'll get some of the white stuff at some point over night.

Now where's me lamppost.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Must.... not.... get...sucked...in

3.7c here... :(

Posted

GEFS, 10th December 2012, 12z,

post-5986-0-97687000-1355162199_thumb.pnpost-5986-0-39121000-1355162216_thumb.pnpost-5986-0-02704300-1355162227_thumb.pn

You heard it here first!

More ensembles looking for the very cold T+176, however, there's warm outliers, and FI starts soon(ish) at T+96. Agreement slowly slides out past the FI point, but median tracks lower than mean implying that the ensemble members are weighted to colder, not warmer. Not by much, but it's there.

Look at the tumble from R+42 on the analysis (far right chart above) ie follow the 68% probability band - and that's still with a variance ~ 10!

smile.png

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted

I shouldn't really post this at the moment with expectations and heart rates rising, but I'm afraid GFS free atmosphere for London says no:

MU_London_avn.png

In fact from Friday it's a big no-no but the compromise for me is the increased convectional chances and you know what that might bring.....

108_20.gif

114_20.gif

120_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

We had sleet here about 20mins ago. Hopefully we'll be in for some nice suprises tonight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Must.... not.... get...sucked...in

3.7c here... sad.png

There was even a mention on the news just then

You just never know in this game.

post-7183-0-32888300-1355162760_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

http://www.wetterzen..._London_ens.png

Hi boar

A mess comes to mind here

17th has a huge spread

Looking very wet as well

Yes, that's true: but taken in mind with the analysis chart and the variance chart, it looks like a lot of the higher one's are, or are near, outliers. At least, not speaking for the team as it were.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Nobody is sucking you in. pleasantry.gif

There was even a mention on the news just then

You just never know in this game.

post-7183-0-32888300-1355162760_thumb.pn

Lol, that Precipitation- Type radar is like Catnip to me! I won't leave it alone all night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

steady at 4.1c dp 2c I am convinced my boiler pipe is sending hot air up to my sensor and warming it up ... hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/beast-east-uk-spared-siberian-blast-103154565.html#42gfkHZ

'Beast From East': UK Spared Siberian Blast

Britain looks to have been spared heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures from a weather front dubbed the 'Beast from the East' - but some areas will still struggle with freezing conditions.

Unfortunate really!

Posted

posted in another thread :

Hot off press from new modified UKMO-GM - - snow amounts are increased now early Thursday for this region and other parts of southern England. Interesting look about it. Northern limit is around M4 before it dies away. Mostly 200m upwards but UKMO suggest to low-levels around M4 corridor (they supplied a sounding for Swindon to demonstrate this potential).

Posted

JP, if you're around still, the track of the first low is still causing many an issue, it seems.

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2442187

As I showed here, albeit based on old output, <t+72 is the furthest we can look as things currently stand.

That is not to say, the atlantic is not coming in, which is ultimately a foregone conclusion but we may well get a transient spell of snow before we get there. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

JP, if you're around still, the track of the first low is still causing many an issue, it seems.

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2442187

As I showed here, albeit based on old output, <t+72 is the furthest we can look as things currently stand.

That is not to say, the atlantic is not coming in, which is ultimately a foregone conclusion but we may well get a transient spell of snow before we get there. drinks.gif

Oh i hope so,just a little bit of the white stuff and i will be happy,i want to see my 5 month old puppy playing in the snowdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

12z's do seem to have slightly increased the frontal snowfall potential for Thursday before turning to rain. Still gonna be touch and go for our region but fingers crossed for more upgrades on this.

Posted

temp is gradually coming down but not as fast or as cold as i would have thought,3.1c now smiliz19.gif

Edited by Marie

Posted

Temp is now 1.8c here. All showers are hugging the coast though, or dying before they reach me here.

Grrrr thats so annoying,when the temps are wrong there is lots of PPN around but as soon as the Temps become nearly about right there isnt a bloody cloud in the sky .Sods law that is .smiliz39.gif

Posted

Nice luverly Cold Rain here in Leigh On Sea!

Cant wait for Spring smiliz39.gif Only 11 Days until it starts getting lighter again.........Can you tell I cannot stand winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Cant wait for Spring smiliz39.gif Only 11 Days until it starts getting lighter again.........Can you tell I cannot stand winter!

But as a fan of convection, I'm sure u must love a good streamer :) unless u get the polystyrene like '09!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

http://uk.news.yahoo...65.html#42gfkHZ

'Beast From East': UK Spared Siberian Blast

Britain looks to have been spared heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures from a weather front dubbed the 'Beast from the East' - but some areas will still struggle with freezing conditions.

Unfortunate really!

Yes unfortunately again.

Look at all those lovely clumps of Heavy snow PPN out in the NORTH SEA AGAIN! Heading towards France/Benelux...

They would have been hitting us by now if things had gone as expected last week.....wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I like deep crisp snow and proper winter windstorms, but there are a whole load of disadvantages with Winter for me too, which means I always love the first warm, sunny days of Spring.

I'm generally pretty sick of the dark, damp, cold and particularly the lack of sun, by the beginning of February. I dislike getting home to a cold house, or having the high fuel bills to avoid this. I really don't like driving to and from work on the filthy roads, like there are today in my location too and the journeys to and from work always being in the night.

Other than that, I'm pretty relaxed!laugh.png