Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

either my house has been shifted up in height by tectonic plates or is really foggy here ,

temp -0.8

Dew point -0.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thick freezing fog here and down to -1.8c already. Fog hasn't lifted all day and has got worse in last hour. Been snizzling at times during the day, a chilly one tonight.

Local stations widely below freezing....

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I'll stick my neck out again here. But I reckon sometime bewteen 7.30 tonight and April 2013, many of us will see quite a bit of snow.....

Oh Coast your so brave and clever to say that tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

look how close the trough is to us

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

update soon

Assuming you are referring to the front near Coast's front door, that may well be the thing mentioned on a previous post.

When running the radar currently, all the precipitation is sinking south-westwards and sticks along the English Channel. However, it may be this that is forecast to move Northwards later, although I'm not certain. The Fax Charts from later will no doubt reveal more. smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

0 c

wind chill-1

d/p -2

getting more foggy

Assuming you are referring to the front near Coast's front door, that may well be the thing mentioned on a previous post.

When running the radar currently, all the precipitation is sinking south-westwards and sticks along the English Channel. However, it may be this that is forecast to move Northwards later, although I'm not certain. The Fax Charts from later will no doubt reveal more. smile.png

This is what I think will happen..And build into a beast ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thick freezing fog here and down to -1.8c already. Fog hasn't lifted all day and has got worse in last hour. Been snizzling at times during the day, a chilly one tonight.

Local stations widely below freezing....

http://forum.netweat...20#entry2442812 drinks.gif

So you had an ICE day too Mark.

My max was only 0.4c and currently I am at -0.7c, a dry frost (no ice on car windscreens) with fog descending slowly but surely.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

ignoring raw output?

I think I've got raw eyes today where I've been rubbing then so much with each different set of charts and data that contradict themselves. I really think that any chance for Wednesday or Thursday will be slight and come from things that aren't being shown in current analysis.

Get a comfy chair and a warming drink. Reach for your favourite radar, keep the curtains open and stare at the street lights if they are close by - then wish your bestest ever wish!

tumblr_lxcqi4jcPW1qhmhdfo1_500.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

Oh Coast your so brave and clever to say that tongue.png

Erm, none of the above!!! :lol:

Posted

My met office app on the phone is saying light snow from 6 am tomorrow morning. Last night it was saying sleet then this morning it was just cloudy. Let's hope the upgrade continues who knows may say blizzards later on clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

You know what could happen...As the wind moves to a more southerly direction swings around clockwise...

THAMES STREAMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

What?? Im being positive!sorry.gif

Lol.

U are fast becoming the new Yamkin hehe

(Meant in the nicest possible way btw)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

-1.1c here from a low of -2.8 this morning. Not got above freezing all day in the thick fog but a lovely air frost.

Posted

going by pressure patterns that low should be forced north east

gfs-2-18.png?12

gfs-2-24.png?12

gfs-2-30.png?12

gfs-2-36.png?12

not snowman making snow

but should leave a light covering

hopefully

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Been working on the bike in this damm freezer,in Hayes currently and the fogs been thickening the past hour.

Still,could be Worse,I could have a 50+mile ride home now.....:(

Posted

Well as long as I can't get off my new driveway through piles of snow, I'll be very happy!!!

Just to put the NMM charts I animated earlier back in the frame, here was what they were showing for tomorrow:

d26bb667c026e52654194d33720e05b5.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Well the bbc did say snow for thurs so is this on or off or shall i just look out of my window to see,i reckon thats going to be the best bet

Posted

comparing 6z to 12z at +162 this shows how uncertain things are

h850t850eu.png6z

h850t850eu.png12z

Edited by chmape

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

now im feeling left out no fog here clear dark sky to my left and to my right a hint of blue as the sun sets <--- most technical post yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Not sure about the odd rogue shower coming inland and giving a dusting but from the area of low pressure

expected to arive Thurs/Fri I am confident in saying it will be an all rain event cray.gif Even the scottish mountains

will struggle to see anything wintry with the 528 dam line pushed up to southern scandinavia before any precip.

unknw.gifunknw.gif

Probably at least 8-10 days of atlantic driven weather to look forward to closedeyes.gif

Edited by shotski

Posted

Showers tonight and tomorrow not of Snow but....

http://www.meteorwatch.org/2012/12/0...012/#more-3969

The Geminid meteor Shower is the grand finale of astronomical events in 2012 and is the most reliable and prolific of the annual meteor showers.

This year we are in for a special treat as the Moon will be absent when the Geminids are at their peak on the evening of the 12th/ 13th of December. This means that the sky should be at its darkest when the shower is expected and many more of the fainter meteors may be seen.

The Geminid meteor shower is expected to yield in excess of 50 shooting stars per hour at peak for those with clear skies, the meteors it produces are usually bright with long persistent trains. If observing opportunities aren’t favorable or possible on the 12th/ 13th, meteor watchers can usually see high meteor activity a day or so either side of the peak.

As well as being the grand finale of 2012, the Geminids are special in another way; unlike the majority of all the other annual meteor showers the Geminids are thought to be from an object known as 3200 Phaethon – an asteroid not a comet.

To celebrate this long anticipated event, there will be the Geminid Meteorwatch and anyone with an interest in the night sky can join in on twitter, facebook and Google+. The event will be an excellent opportunity to learn, share information,experiences, images and more whatever your level of interest, wherever you are on the planet and will run for approximately four days. All you need to do is follow along using the #meteorwatch hashtag.

As well as the wealth of information exchanged and shared on twitter etc, there are helpful guides and information available on meteorwatch.org so you can get the most out of your meteorwatch.

To get the ball rolling there is a hollywood style trailer for the event, purely as a bit of fun and for people of all walks of life to feel inspired and to go outside and look up. You don’t need a telescope or anything, just your eyes and a little bit of patience to see Geminids.

Good luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ElQ3iOCjsTw