Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well the GFS 12z limits the overnight snowfall to a very localised few flakes at best in my opinion. Then attention turns to late Thursday into Friday with the warmer uppers and as a consequence, the Dewpoints end up getting push ahead of the approaching fronts. The first front (occlusion?) being the only one bringing a hint of anything wintry. Thereafter, its a showery picture, more especially in prone coastal locations, with nothing remotely snowy I'm afraid.

However, based on a strict interpretation of todays and yesterdays 12z, there has to be an overall consensus for a stubborn block slowing any progression of the initial stalling trough complex into Europe. So as a consequence, we may well have to endure a rather cloudy mundane spell, possibly wetter than I previously suggested with deep FI (the run-up to Christmas) unfortunately suggesting more of the same. I still maintain though, as seeing that other runs had previously hinted at developments from a general Easterly flow during this period, that option is still firmly on the table.

Lastly, I am not convinced the models are handling the output correctly with the 17th December being the key date for any potential upgrades*

* I mention upgrades because I am outlining a pretty depressing scenario above, unless you prefer it dull and non-wintry, furthermore this run is a much milder option than of late bad.gif

Posted

* I mention upgrades because I am outlining a pretty depressing scenario above, unless you prefer it dull and non-wintry, furthermore this run is a much milder option than of late bad.gif

Pretty fair analysis GTLTW (as of now) thank you!

Please folks, don't raise your expectations too far and come down the other side into Friday with a bump eh? Lets keep light and frothy - expect nothing and be happy with anything!

Posted

Yup coast will be shot by snipers if he's found within 5miles of Kaddy's house blum.gif

Pah

He is not that serious a stalker or he would have had his name down for Tour 2 chasing Tornadoes with her next year! help.gifhelp.gif

Only a Level 1 stalker Coasty! diablo.gifrofl.gif

Posted

I don't know why people are moaning, my temp barely got above freezing today and frost has stayed on the ground all day, most places have seen the same thing. This sort of weather was unheard of around this time of year before 2008 for a considerably long time, yes there may be no snow on the ground, but is it really the end of the world? (well not until the 21st anyway)

Here, here. I totally agree Perfect Storm. A couple of songs come to mind. 'You never know what you've got...til it's gone.' and 'que sera sera.'

I am really enjoying this weather. :)

Posted

I'll stick my neck out again here. But I reckon sometime bewteen 7.30 tonight and April 2013, many of us will see quite a bit of snow.....

That was very brave of you, albeit a little reckless. rofl.gif

Posted

Get a comfy chair and a warming drink. Reach for your favourite radar, keep the curtains open and stare at the street lights if they are close by - then wish your bestest ever wish!

tumblr_lxcqi4jcPW1qhmhdfo1_500.gif

Aww lovely, you've made feel all snuggly now Coast. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Brrr it's going to be a cold one tonight , -0.1 here after reaching 3.6 today .Still frost on roofs ,going to be a bit slippery in the morning ,watch your footing guys and gals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Fog for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Kent & East Sussex

Yellow Warning of Fog for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Suffolk & Thurrock

Valid from: 1700 on Tue 11 Dec 2012

Valid to: 1100 on Wed 12 Dec 2012

Fog, dense and freezing in places, is likely to become widespread on Tuesday evening and overnight into Wednesday morning across much of central and eastern England and into the London area as well as parts of northwest England. The fog will only slowly thin on Wednesday morning, but a few fog patches may persist all day in parts of the east.

Visibility will reduce to below 100 m in places and therefore the public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1538 on Tue 11 Dec 2012

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=42F21630-2983-5AE9-AA73-899CDD61A78B_3_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-0.50&lat=51.35&fcTime=1355140860

Posted

My met office app on the phone is saying light snow from 6 am tomorrow morning. Last night it was saying sleet then this morning it was just cloudy. Let's hope the upgrade continues who knows may say blizzards later on clapping.gif

My phone says fog and sun and no snow whatsover. But what does it know? Ha!

Posted

Been working on the bike in this damm freezer,in Hayes currently and the fogs been thickening the past hour.

Still,could be Worse,I could have a 50+mile ride home now.....sad.png

Oh no, have a safe journey home and ride safely.

Edit: I'm sorry my posts are going separately and not multiquoting. They normally do. search.gif

Edited by Chilly Milly

Posted

Aww lovely, you've made feel all snuggly now Coast. smile.png

Doh, that's just the kinda guy I am c062.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Model thread is a bit brighter this evening.

I honestly think we still have it all to play for going into this weekend.

Posted

Pah

He is not that serious a stalker or he would have had his name down for Tour 2 chasing Tornadoes with her next year! help.gifhelp.gif

Only a Level 1 stalker Coasty! diablo.gifrofl.gif

Is there still a spare seat beside her then? :whistling:

Posted

Well I can tell you that the visibility is significantly less than 100m here at the airport. Around 50m max. I can barely see the buildings just across the road!

Looking at TWC, for my location they're predicting a 50% chance of snow showers on Thursday. http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Luton+UKXX0088:1:UK

Edited by Dan the Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Very thick fog here too. Visiblity really rubbish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

salzburg.jpg

Those lucky people in Salzburg, I'm bad.gif with envy!

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

No fog in this bit of Middlesex yet, but the fox has frozen mid step. Might have to throw him a scrap to unfreeze his paw.

Posted

Is there still a spare seat beside her then? whistling.gif

There certainly is Mate!

Might not be soon though as she is going on a bit of a PR Splurdge around Xmas about it!

If you dont go I can sell you some pictures next June.................................At a Price though rofl.giftease.gif

Posted

she is going on a bit of a PR Splurdge

Owww, Kaddy on a splurdge, I think I'd like that a050.gif

*holds the thought*

If you dont go I can sell you some pictures next June.................................At a Price though

I've still got copies of the ones the court didn't impound........