Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 9th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

I'd suggest that it's just fog showing up...

Mmmm not so sure Saint, Check out what Ian Fergusson has to say on Southwest Thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters,Cool summers

Live on the outskirts of Stevenage and nothing here. No friends in Stevenage have mentioned it.

Posted

Just a little heads up.

The orientation of the pressure is changing overnight and there could be a slight onshore NW breeze setting up for those on the south coast. Possibility remains with this of snow flurries. Current radar shows some out in the Channel, but the wind is just not favourable yet.

Sounds good to me, certainly cold enough to lay now at least. What fell from the sky today never stuck at all.

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

-1c here in Sidcup ( A20) and the fog has come down quite thick. Even the dog won't go out in the garden to do her business. Oh S**t

Quite literally at least it's not a Thames Steamer (sic)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Brighton and the area just north towards the South Downs should be seeing some of this PPN now moving north from the coast, acording to the RADAR that is.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Brighton and the area just north towards the South Downs should be seeing some of this PPN now moving north from the coast, acording to the RADAR that is.

I think that that could be fog related. The flurries are still out in the channel. They would only brush the coastal strip and that may be later in the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

No fog here it's a clear as crystal I can see the stars,I am right next to the South Downs .

Posted

here in stevenage not snowing but the frozen fog feels like its snowing (tingling) on the hands from the frozen ice crystals. stupidly cold out there

Posted

The sleet and snow flurries today left the ground wet...it's now -1.6c so going to be icy in the morning if nothing else!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

A rather chilly -3.5 here. Nothing falling from the sky, just foggy

Posted

Temps stayed just above freezing right across south east London today. Pavements remained white from Biggin Hill to Woolwich (in places). Lots of black ice around Biggin Hill. Dense fog descended after six, the A20 between sidcup and the M25 particularly low visibility.

Currently below freezing in Bromley.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Just in from work car reading -4 very foggy but didn't have to scrape car window which I was expecting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian

-3.1C here on the Havering / Essex border. Time for a vintage port and The Alan Parsons Project.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Seems the radar cannot be trusted tonight, throwing up all sorts of what should be showers or Fog flurries, but we have no reports so who can say whats going on....GFS 18z showing some patchy PPN for tomorrow morning, very light stuff though.

Posted

Time for a vintage port and The Alan Parsons Project.

Sounds good to me, Turn of a Friendly Card is my favourite!

Dense fog as well as frost here.

Posted

Seems the radar cannot be trusted tonight, throwing up all sorts of what should be showers or Fog flurries, but we have no reports so who can say whats going on....GFS 18z showing some patchy PPN for tomorrow morning, very light stuff though.

Last time I remember sustained freezing fog like this with snizzle in toe was 09/10 when I was in Cheltenham, must have been about 4 days without it lifting (we actually drove up into the cotswolds to get up above and away from it for an hour or so!) but the interesting thing was that when it finally slowly lifted, it gave a few hours of light-moderate snowfall...I would suspect we may see similar tomorrow - it occurs because rather than the fog disappearing, it lifts slowly into low cloud, and condenses.

That little precipitation area that been showing tomorrow on recent outputs seems to co-incide with the back edge of the fog

SK

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Looking at the data from our nearest Met Office station (Andrewsfield) we just managed an ice day here. Andrewsfield in any event is a little warmer than Stortford which is in a little valley. Currently circa -4.