Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 12th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Can't say I'm sad to see the cold weather go now. Nothing worse than cold and dry Zzzzz. Not a cold all rounder as you'll know from that comment.

But we have Zzzzzonality in abundance coming our way, and it's a rather bleak outlook in terms of snow chances this year.

I am still reeling from last week's MASSIVE let down, I don't think I'll ever get over the charts the ECM threw at us too then end up with what we got in the end. NOTHING!

Shame the models can't get this next system wrong eh. Not with mild and rain, never!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

You certainly had a good coating of rime Ali, in your neck of the woods. It was good here, but your area was undoubtedly better. smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Morning all, minimum of -4C overnight, currently -2.8C and sunny. Enjoy the last day of this cold spell!

Posted

Here's what's going to give us the rain I guess:

bracknell+36.gif

Other sources showing the rain from Midday onwards:

post-6667-0-16796200-1355391215_thumb.pn

Can't find anywhere currently that doesn't show substantial rain for us tomorrow :(

Posted

Amazingly beautiful frost here today with some still remaining from yesterday. So depressed about the rain to come. I've loved the winter wonderland of the last few days.

Posted

Mine is still soaking and likely to get a lot more tomorrow midday doh.gif

Well it had hardened up with the frosts but I fear this will thaw quite rapidly and with the rain on top. Mud bath anyone?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Well it had hardened up with the frosts but I fear this will thaw quite rapidly and with the rain on top. Mud bath anyone?!

Well, it's supposed to be good for ones skin. :D Cheaper than a visit to a spa.....

Posted

My back garden slopes towards the house and although I put a retaining wall and ample drainage in, it still pools up in bad weather and this year I've just given up! Proobaly like you, we are on thick grey clay which you can make pots from and I've tried everything to break it up - I think I'll just start a pottery. Have a pair of wellies on stand-by if you are thinking of going out in it tomorrow

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm not really bothered by rain (except when it spoils my outdoor plans)

The weather type I dislike most is in Spring, when a slack flow off the North Sea can mean several days of zero sun for my location. Often western parts of the country have sparkling weather at the same time, so a bit of the green eyed monster appears in me.

I don't like anticyclonic gloom when I'm stuck indoors either, as I find my mood becomes depressed, but it can still be 'beer drinking weather' with a nice pub fire, on non working days. :)

I tend to find something of interest in most weather types tbh.

Posted

Can't believe it's going to be 10c and raining tomorrow, cannot think of anything worse.

Looks like this crap weather will be with us for the foreseeable future.

Going to make the most of this beautiful winters day and go down to Hampstead Heath with the other half and the dog, grab a crepe and a hot chocolate.

Would much rather it be cold and dry with no snow than this zonality train that's about to hit us over the next fortnight.

I'll be back on here when some cold weather starts showing its hands again, I cant get excited over rainfall amounts and how high a wind gust can get. My preference is cold and heat :-)

Speak soon guys and if not before, have a great Christmas x

Posted

and the dog, grab a crepe

Take some poo-bags with you then.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

(Speak soon guys and if not before, have a great Christmas x )

Same to you, Dexter. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

my white christmas bet is looking fairly rubbish.....but i'm not giving up hope yet!

the 6z offers a tiny glimmer of hope.

Another gorgeous frosty morning here smile.png

my car will be pleased its getting milder...he's not been very happy in the mornings this week!

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

The trees are still rime-coated here at the office in Harefield, but it is slowly fading. When a pale sun broke thorugh a moment ago it looked like cherry blossom and for an instant you could believe it was Spring, with all its promise. It has certainly been a beautiful few days.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex & Surrey

Valid from: 0300 on Fri 14 Dec 2012

Valid to: 1800 on Fri 14 Dec 2012

Heavy rain is expected to spread north eastwards across the UK during Friday. The public should be aware of the possibility of local flooding and disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1036 on Thu 13 Dec 2012

http://www.metoffice...Time=1355313660

Posted

Precipitation accumulation charts look interesting for tomorrow:

30_44.gif

36_44.gif

Posted

my car will be pleased its getting milder...he's not been very happy in the mornings this week!

I know that feeling, so I had a battery check a couple of days ago. It was the original battery so 7 years old, and wearing down. A brand new one is now installed, no point in winging it as we head into winter. £105 the lighter though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Had a brilliant hard frost this morning and yesterday. Ice falling from the trees in the garden had me thinking it was snowing... Such a shame its going to warm up again for a while, Come on winter snow already!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Pretty hoar frost today, still frosty now. Clouding over without a breath of wind. Was woken from my morning commuting reverie by the clonk of the ice falling off the arial after the freezing fog on the A1...

Posted

even though there won't be snow for the time being , looks like good thunderstorm chance for the weekend?

that would lighten up the day! good.gif

Posted

Is that rain I spy coming in off the Channel at the moment?! That's a bit early

Not much on its way at this point, well not in comparison to tomorrows expected totals.

Coast turn off your rain magnet pretty please otherwise we are going to get a little bit wet

Believe me if I could I would! I don't want all this rain any more than you, but my influence on these matters isn't what it used to be. I blame it on the Mayans......

361px-MyanRainGodChac0180Rot.jpg