Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

That first band is weakening as it gets closer. Not to say it won't intensify again but it was supposed to weaken as it pushed south east. I'm becoming less and less convinced by the whole thing now it's actually on the radar and we are within 24 hours of tomorrow (which I'm thinking is going to be more of a wet affair). Never say never of course but at this moment, it's not looking good.

The fact that all of the other regional threads are getting increasingly downbeat about it as well doesn't make pleasant reading elsewhere.

Never mind, lets nowcast, get through it, see what happens and then it'll be Tuesday and we can look forward from there.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well the NAE was wrong for me this morning! Every forecast appears to be chopping and changing i'm refusing to get hung up on sleet/snow/rain. I am fairly confident it will snow here. The MetO have us under snow all the way now... from being rain then sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The new revised nae charts push the snow line even more east for the second band, going to make the most from tonites snow, because tomoz all i can see is rain or sleet, are the nae charts normally acurate or could they be wrong.

It does look a bit worrying don't it

13011418_1306.gif

Posted

It does look a bit worrying don't it

13011418_1306.gif

Looks good to me for North East Mids which ties in with the lastest MetO forecast....though it will probably change again later...

Posted

After a frosty night it's been clouding over gradually, now 8/8 alto stratus and temp definitely above freezing- grass has thawed although on the good side everything is dry. Not optimistic for tonight cos the temp is too high and those fronts from the NW seldom give much precipitation here anyway

why did my kindle change a type of cloud to 'magistrates'!!

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

This seems to happen pretty often.

The close we get the more marginal it gets, and the less likely it gets for Leicester to see snow :p

Posted

I can see this turning into a NE event

I think Lincoln is the place to be for this, the fact my location is 95m ASL might JUST save me tomorrow but it's extremely knife edge.

If the NAE does turn out to be overcooking the warm sector and the West Midlands get snow too, everybody in this thread can say this to the NAE...

stonecoldfinger.jpg

laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

I think by tomoz forecast it will be the extreme east of the country that gets snow and evrewhere else will be pot luck on the day. it just seems that every new chart is drifting more and more east. i hope i am wrong it will be a shame to see some nice snow then a washout

Posted

I think Lincoln is the place to be for this, the fact my location is 95m ASL might JUST save me tomorrow but it's extremely knife edge.

If the NAE does turn out to be overcooking the warm sector and the West Midlands get snow too, everybody in this thread can say this to the NAE...

stonecoldfinger.jpg

laugh.png

yes lincoln looks good, also NAE has been wrong many times even at +0

Posted

The new revised nae charts push the snow line even more east for the second band, going to make the most from tonites snow, because tomoz all i can see is rain or sleet, are the nae charts normally acurate or could they be wrong.

New? The 12zs only out to +6 so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well the latest mets warnings r for snow and ice for today and tomorrow how ever the forecast says rain tomorrow. I think its the usial places will get the snow. Im quite sure we here in brum will misout as usial, it really takes the left trouser leg. Lol.

Posted

Hmmmm..............nonono.gif

post-13544-0-57175300-1358087249_thumb.j

Bish

Wouldn't get too downbeat if I were you yet Bish, the BBC/Met forecast a max of 4-5c here on Friday and it didn't get above 3c all day.

Also the UKMO 00z run shows a max of 2c by lunchtime

U36-580.GIF?13-06

Posted

Quick thought...is the flow going to be NW between each band of precipitation? Could the Cheshire Gap come into play?

Posted

What about granthams chances for tomorrow?

Put it this way... If I could be anywhere for tomorrows event, I would choose somewhere like Grantham!

Posted

What about granthams chances for tomorrow?

I would say good chance of snow for you!

Posted

Wouldn't get too downbeat if I were you yet Bish, the BBC/Met forecast a max of 4-5c here on Friday and it didn't get above 3c all day.

Also the UKMO 00z run shows a max of 2c by lunchtime

Very true. Also, marginal events can of course produce those lovely 50 pence-sized snowflakes!

Bish

Posted

Quick thought...is the flow going to be NW between each band of precipitation? Could the Cheshire Gap come into play?

The 06z gfs had it a possibility 6pm til midnight monday