Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

sarah7meme

Thundersnow

We had our first and best Thundersnow back in Italy (Turin) when the most magnificent thunderstorm event turned into snow, even the locals were leaving the bars to watch lighting cracking off across the sky and the most intense snow storm.

It lasted a couple of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

I don't think my Jack Russel and my cat will pull a sledgeacute.gif

Ha ha er no!!! I've got two huskies whom when it snows well they go berserk can't get them indoors have to bribe them with food lol we hook them up to my sons sledge and let them carry the shopping home lol. If we get good lot of snow this coming week I'm gonna try get a video of when we let them outside for the first time because it really is something special watching them jumping and rolling around :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

for those who didnt know - UKMO issued a yellow warning for snow for our area for weekend.

awaits orange.

It's for ice

Posted

Well in my many years on Netweather, I have to say this week has been the most exciting bar none! Models flip flopping all over the place and at this moment all is now looking good again. However, as a quick word of warning, I remember all too well the 2005 easterly debacle, when it disappeared less than 72 hours out. All we should worry about now is to get the cold here then start worrying about the snowfall. Not trying to 'outramp' JP or Rampkin, but I think there's about a 50/50 chance of a very significant winter event just around the corner. Here's hoping.

YOU LITTLE RAMPER rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

however if tuesday night shows that low over the next couple of runs

i will agree with you

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

An excellent site for showing current temps, wind speed, wind direction and pressure. This really helps when plotting which direction troughs/showers may move, via an hourly animation tool that runs through the last 24 hours.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That's the one - the clipper ! I like that one

Right definitely to bed now

Don't stay up too late !

Posted

from what i can see at present

get saturday out of the way

yes we will all see some of the white stuff but noe enough to cause a problem

overnight freezing may be the problem

then go to the most accurate weather tool

look out the window and watch the radar

Posted

I have always found the areas of nw kent, s london and s essex really do well out of streamers.With the estuary snow machine doing its work.Love to see some thunder snow like in 09.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

YOU LITTLE RAMPER rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

however if tuesday night shows that low over the next couple of runs

i will agree with you

I'm learning from the master!!! It really does look hopeful, but the old mantra, 'more runs needed'. However, if things are looking as positive on Saturday night, I think we're home and hosed

Posted

Unlike an Essex Slapper that lives the other side of the Thamesacute.gif

Brave Man with all these young Essex Ladies in this thread, I was of course talking about the weather and not the Inhabitants of the Chav Towns darn in deepest Kentshire!

Posted

Hence my post earlier when I said BOOOOOOOOOM!

-12C Uppers and an East North Easterly could be a return of the fabled Thundersnow with the North Sea at SST's of 7c that will create carnage with showers pushing into the London area and areas South of the Thames!

Not another near miss for SE Essex again I hope!!

Posted

Im looking forward to my 2 weeks down on the South Coast even more now. Im just hoping the hills in and around Hastings don't present too many travel problems as my cameras are all 'locked and loaded' for photo and video opportunities good.gif

Posted

I have always found the areas of nw kent, s london and s essex really do well out of streamers.With the estuary snow machine doing its work.Love to see some thunder snow like in 09.

Easiest way to remember the Streamers is the angle of attack

ENE = Thames Streamer - This usually sees showers packing the Northern Side of the Thames Estuary from Southend upto Clacton way, they steer WSW Running along the South Side of Essex and crossing over around East London hitting SE London and parts of West Sussex and Surrey.

NNE = Kent Slapper - This usually sees Showers moving down about 50-100 miles off the Coast of East Anglia affecting areas East of the Medway Towns, Herne Bay does well all the way out to Dover.

NE - Kent Clipper - This usually only affect the Eastern End 3rd of Kent, from Canterbury and Ashford Eastwards and the shower exit into the English Channel aroun Hastings area,

ESE - ??? Streamer - This is a rarer Streamer but it reverses from the Thames Streamer, Showers will be closer to the North Kent Coast and run WNW Along the Northern Parts of Kent and cross into North London and Herts, Bucks etc

As far as I know this Streamer has not got a name so if anyone wants to give it a name that sticks would be all ears!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Unlike an Essex Slapper that lives the other side of the Thamesacute.gif

Hmmm

Posted

Brave Man with all these young Essex Ladies in this thread, I was of course talking about the weather and not the Inhabitants of the Chav Towns darn in deepest Kentshire!

Not me I would not want to offend anyone it was purely a weather termpardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

23:57hrs BBC News 24 Weather Forecast - Tuesday snow 'could be a bit tasty'. Thank you and goodnight!

Posted

I'm getting into the snowy mood now and this weekend is for starters.

Going over the top with the picture, but let's have fun blum.gifblum.gif

post-2721-0-72695000-1357862757_thumb.jp

Posted

ENE = Thames Streamer - This usually sees showers packing the Northern Side of the Thames Estuary from Southend upto Clacton way, they steer WSW Running along the South Side of Essex and crossing over around East London hitting SE London and parts of West Sussex and Surrey.

NNE = Kent Slapper - This usually sees Showers moving down about 50-100 miles off the Coast of East Anglia affecting areas East of the Medway Towns, Herne Bay does well all the way out to Dover.

NE - Kent Clipper - This usually only affect the Eastern End 3rd of Kent, from Canterbury and Ashford Eastwards and the shower exit into the English Channel aroun Hastings area,

ESE - ??? Streamer - This is a rarer Streamer but it reverses from the Thames Streamer, Showers will be closer to the North Kent Coast and run WNW Along the Northern Parts of Kent and cross into North London and Herts, Bucks etc

As far as I know this Streamer has not got a name so if anyone wants to give it a name that sticks would be all ears!

The Dartford Dump?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

What about........ Kent slider Paul? or London slipper.

Edited by Icebox