IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 9th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

excpect downgrades folks

and upgrades! blum.gif

Posted

I think people need to be very cautious about the week ahead.

There is a reason why the Meto et all are not forecasting snowmageddon yet ;-)

Comparing the various model runs next to each other as the week progresses a higher percentage are showing a mild incursion for the whole country by the end of the week at the moment and I believe that has increased over the last day or so.

Hopefully the ECM will be right but i'm still sticking with my T72 max reliability time frame, beyond that who knows but we can pray :-)

Hello Jayces,

Glacier Point expects this milder blip and has quoted "28th" January onwards to see the full effects of the SSW = very, very cold rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Should I be lamppost watching yet ? Sooo cold out there and can smell it can't wait x

LOL, sorry bit early miss, Saturday night onwards ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Am I in prime position on south east coast?

Edited by sarah7meme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Must admit, the ECM Ensembles are very impressive, at least up to day 6...it's a vast majority which keep us on the cold and snowy side. A lot to look forward to me thinks!

Posted

Even if it's a blizzard outside over the next few days I am going to stay glued to my computer and wait for the next Forecast Model Run to find out if it will be still snowing in 10 days time. I might miss the fun while it happens, but I will get great satisfaction in telling everyone it won't last. Welcome to the world of the Model Thread.

Posted

well after the weekend i might have to wash the cobwebs off the dutch radar./french radar ready ,plus must get my lader to wash the lamppost !!

Posted

Should I be lamppost watching yet ?

At this stage, only if you like lamposts - but each to their own I say!

Hold fire a few days and then, it could be......

post-3098-0-12568000-1357851339_thumb.jp

(other mass participation games are available)

AS

Posted

Regarding Saturday's possible snowfall, there will be changes considering we're 36 hours away at least. The radar will be the most reliable tool nearer the time.

GFS 18z begins to roll out in about 20 minutes time, hopefully it will begin to send the shortwave that forms near Iceland say c.T+72 on a more southerly track, more akin to ECM or UKMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I dont have a lamppost booshok.gif i want a lampost spiteful.gif

Posted

A gritting lorry went doen our road earlier this evening and it was spreading grit but only a small amount. This made no sense at the time as it won't be cold enough tonight to justify it so I was a bit baffled until I realised.... maybe they were practising? Yamkin, can you advise whether gritters engage in dress rehearsals?

Either that or it was a rogue gritter, a maverick, out on his own, just him and his yellow friend, proud, defiant, iconoclastic. Indifferent to the shallow and decadent ways of the towns of Surrey, simply wanting to jut his jaw, stare silently ahead and say to himself: 'I grit, therefore I am.'

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted

A gritting lorry went doen our road earlier this evening and it was spreading grit but only a small amount. This made no sense at the time as it won't be cold enough tonight to justify it so I was a bit baffled until I realised.... maybe they were practising? Yamkin, can you advise whether gritters engage in 'dress rehearsals'?

Either that or it was a rogue gritter, a maverick, out on his own, just him and his yellow friend, proud, defiant, iconoclastic. Indifferent to the shallow and decadent ways of the towns of Surrey, simply wanting to jut his jaw, stare silently ahead and say to himself: 'I grit, therefore I am.'

AS

He probably got some stick last time he did not go out when it turned out icy,so he 's trying to make up for itacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

I dont have a lamppost booshok.gif i want a lampost spiteful.gif

Haa same here!! The one on main road is too far away for me to see and so I rely on the garden light coming on,,but means having to walk out to activate,,unless mr fox or mr badger walk past it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Having taken a sneak peek into other regionals we seem to be rather subdued in here tonight. Nobody excited?

Very excited! I'm looking forward to some blob watching on the radar next week, just like 2010! :)